Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Business Class Airfares to UK / Europe - approx $2700 - $2800 rtn!

Business Class Airfares to UK / Europe - approx $2700 - $2800 rtn!

Old May 2nd 2013, 6:14 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Business Class Airfares to UK / Europe - approx $2700 - $2800 rtn!

Originally Posted by paddyo
Anyone see this?
Seems a great loophole to exploit...although not sure how long it will stay!!
http://www.smh.com.au/executive-styl...502-2iuet.html
It's been around for a very long time that one so can't see a reason for it to disappear any time soon.
Old May 2nd 2013, 6:29 am
Social Grenade Thrower

paddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond repute

Really? Seems a fantastic way to gain Gold status if you are more of an infrequent flyer. I'll soon be doing regular trips to NZ from Oz so that would help me!
Old May 4th 2013, 11:47 pm
Forum Regular

Koolcat is a jewel in the roughKoolcat is a jewel in the roughKoolcat is a jewel in the roughKoolcat is a jewel in the rough

So i rang US airways to book flights for hubby, baby and myself for a business class trip to UK (flying BNE - EDI as their system doesnt recognise NCL) Early in September mainly with Thai. The cost for baby came back at $2900 which i dont mind paying. I asked about a bassinett seat though and the US Airways rep said we are not elegible as baby will be 8 months when we fly and the bassinetts are only allowed for babies under 6 months old.

So....for the same money i might aswell get baby his own seat as $2900 is a lot for him to be sat on my knee - im having major problems trying to get flights with 3 available award flights with Thai :-(

So as an alternative im looking at other airllines as many of them provide bassinets for up to 12 Or even 18 months of age. The problem is trying to put a schedule together as when i search using united.com it mainly brings up Thai flights.

So just wondering what routes some of you have done to the UK that avoids Thai airways?? Ive been looking at Singapore but their award flight availability isnt so good - ive found BNE to singapore availability but then no business after that.

Im happy to fly into any UK airport but dont know the routings for different airlies to get creative!!

If you could share some of the routes and airlines you have used that would be fantastic :-)

Thanks loads :-)

Koolcat
Old May 5th 2013, 1:24 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

$2900 seems expensive - even for 10% of the full published fare - I'd work on that.

Oh and do not let the agent book you on a TG 77W flight between BKK and FRA - infants are not allowed in the business cabin of that aircraft.

Last edited by bcworld; May 5th 2013 at 1:28 am.
Old May 5th 2013, 1:46 am
BE Forum Addict

kevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, I think my brain just kicked into gear and I can understand how this works!! So I need to purchase 150,000 miles to be able to travel from Australia to UK and back? now do I purchase the 150,000 for myself and my wife of buy 100,000 and gift the other 50,000? I see 100,000 miles cost $1750 and the max I can buy is 50,000 with the bonus 50,000. So do I buy that and then get 50,000 gifted? I'm thinking first class rather than business for the few extra $$
Old May 6th 2013, 1:46 pm
Forum Regular

Lisa and Martin is a name known to allLisa and Martin is a name known to allLisa and Martin is a name known to allLisa and Martin is a name known to allLisa and Martin is a name known to allLisa and Martin is a name known to allLisa and Martin is a name known to allLisa and Martin is a name known to allLisa and Martin is a name known to allLisa and Martin is a name known to allLisa and Martin is a name known to all

Koolcat - if you go back to page 106 of this thread there is a bit of discussion and reported experience about booking babies and ticketing prices for them, might be helpful.
Old May 8th 2013, 8:25 am
Forum Regular

jamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nice

Just a quick one we want to travel to Vietnam in January/ February with Singapore Airways , we want to Fly to Hanoi from Singapore then travel down the country, can we fly back to Singapore from any other City in Vietnam or do we have to return from Hanoi thanks
Old May 8th 2013, 8:34 am
Frequent Flyer Member

Originally Posted by jamesflorraine
Just a quick one we want to travel to Vietnam in January/ February with Singapore Airways , we want to Fly to Hanoi from Singapore then travel down the country, can we fly back to Singapore from any other City in Vietnam or do we have to return from Hanoi thanks
You can do this as long as you don't have a stopover in Singapore.
Old May 9th 2013, 10:19 am
Forum Regular

jamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nice

Miles purchased it looks like Vietnam in January if we can get flights
Old May 9th 2013, 10:26 am
BE Forum Addict

kevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for this thread, looks like we going to UK first class in December. Business from Brisbane to Bangkok and then first Bangkok to London and back :-)

Did anyone have any delays buying the air miles? I bought a load last night and the first 3 lots went through instantly, then I purchased the last 50,000 and I got no email and they arent showing up in any account!
Bit worrying as we have the flights on 72 hour hold
Old May 9th 2013, 11:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Almo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud of

I had a delay the last time (and possibly the time before that too, althought that may have been during the points.com offer, I can't remember).
Old May 9th 2013, 10:06 pm
Forum Regular

Kev bought ours last night showed straight away purchased, this morning, going to Vietnam in Feb, give them a call on Skype, should show soon
Old May 9th 2013, 10:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sam has enough miles (150,000) but I only have 100,000. The miles Sam gifted me havent shown up. Might have to bite the bullet and try again as the reservation cut off date is looming!
How many miles needed for Vietnam?
Old May 9th 2013, 10:37 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

Originally Posted by kevinbloomfield
Sam has enough miles (150,000) but I only have 100,000. The miles Sam gifted me havent shown up. Might have to bite the bullet and try again as the reservation cut off date is looming!
How many miles needed for Vietnam?
Before shelling out more cash on miles have you tried calling points.com or US?

Vietnam is 90k in business.
Old May 9th 2013, 10:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by bcworld
Before shelling out more cash on miles have you tried calling points.com or US?

Vietnam is 90k in business.
I didnt want to lose the reservation, I just gifted the miles required and they appeared instantly. I guess the other purchased screwed up somehow
Anyway, all booked now so I'm happy :-)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.