Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Business Class Airfares to UK / Europe - approx $2700 - $2800 rtn!

Business Class Airfares to UK / Europe - approx $2700 - $2800 rtn!

Old Apr 7th 2013, 10:20 am
BE Forum Addict

louie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Business Class Airfares to UK / Europe - approx $2700 - $2800 rtn!

Originally Posted by Koolcat
The leg i was trying to book was 09/09/13 Copenhagan-Newcastle (flight SK543) and return 03/10/13 Newcastle-Copenhagan (flight SK544) - united.com shows award availability
Incidentally, I just double-checked on ANA and they show that 2 business class seats are available.
Old Apr 9th 2013, 8:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

roaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bcworld
Make sure you sign up for LifeMiles as well...keep all your options open.
Looks like Life Miles has a 2 for 1 offer on this month for existing members.
Old Apr 12th 2013, 4:56 am
Forum Regular

Koolcat is a jewel in the roughKoolcat is a jewel in the roughKoolcat is a jewel in the roughKoolcat is a jewel in the rough

Hi all, well i've tried to book our flight schedule from Brisbane to Newcastle-Upon-Tyne on 4 ocassions now and all the US airways reps say that Newcastle-Upon-Tyne/NCL doesnt come up on their system and that they cant book my itinerary I asked the last rep to check for an Edinburgh/EDI arrival and she said Edinburgh doesnt come up either.

So... just wondering what airports everyone has flown into in the UK as I will need to book flights to an alternative airport? I'd like to avoid Heathrow if possible

Thanks loads
Koolcat
Old Apr 12th 2013, 5:03 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all, well i've tried to book our flight schedule from Brisbane to Newcastle-Upon-Tyne on 4 ocassions now and all the US airways reps say that Newcastle-Upon-Tyne/NCL doesnt come up on their system and that they cant book my itinerary I asked the last rep to check for an Edinburgh/EDI arrival and she said Edinburgh doesnt come up either.

So... just wondering what airports everyone has flown into in the UK as I will need to book flights to an alternative airport? I'd like to avoid Heathrow if possible

Thanks loads
Koolcat
There's no issue with EDI. If you encounter an agent who insists on something like that it's time to hang up and call again.

I think the only Star Alliance services into NCL are from Dusseldorf or Copenhagen so you might struggle with routing...still, it is a valid destination. Have you given them the airport code NCL?
Old Apr 12th 2013, 5:20 am
Forum Regular

Koolcat is a jewel in the roughKoolcat is a jewel in the roughKoolcat is a jewel in the roughKoolcat is a jewel in the rough

Thanks BC World
Hey yes I gave them the city name, the airport code, the flight carrier and the flight code ...each time lol
I was wanting to go via Copenhagan to NCL as I have a wedding in Sweden to attend. I'd put together a lovely itinerary but just cant get it booked
Thanks for advising the there should be no problems with EDI - I will see if I can get creative with a schedule and hopefully get something booked to EDI as an alternative

As a side note - I have just been looking on the United.com website where I was looking for EDI availability - I clicked on the drop down (next to 'To') box where it says Airport - I then chose UK - it says that cities without an arrow next to them are not served by United Airlines or its partners - the UK airports with arrows next to them are Heathrow, Birmingham, Manchester, Glasgow, Belfast and Edinburgh - so its looking like these are the ones I can choose from - so I guess my own question just answered lol

Last edited by Koolcat; Apr 12th 2013 at 5:20 am. Reason: spelling!!
Old Apr 12th 2013, 5:28 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

As a side note - I have just been looking on the United.com website where I was looking for EDI availability - I clicked on the drop down (next to 'To') box where it says Airport - I then chose UK - it says that cities without an arrow next to them are not served by United Airlines or its partners - the UK airports with arrows next to them are Heathrow, Birmingham, Manchester, Glasgow, Belfast and Edinburgh - so its looking like these are the ones I can choose from - so I guess my own question just answered lol
There are Lufthansa flights to Aberdeen too which US has no issues booking (LifeMiles doesn't like them though). There is certainly Star Alliance service to Gatwick as well so the list isn't complete. And London City. And probably others.
Old Apr 12th 2013, 2:09 pm
Just Joined

bluehotel is an unknown quantity at this point

A new offer from Lifemiles - buy two miles for the price of 1. Open till 28/04/13.
Old Apr 12th 2013, 2:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

roaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bluehotel
A new offer from Lifemiles - buy two miles for the price of 1. Open till 28/04/13.
Post 1787.
Old Apr 12th 2013, 3:13 pm
Just Joined

conditions for lifemiles offer as below:
basically, you have to have been a member on 08/04 and you can only do one transaction up to 75000 miles to get 150,000 miles

Buy miles and get twice as much!

We want you to enjoy life twice as much, therefore, for each package of 1,000 miles you buy, LifeMiles will give you a bonus of 100 % more that can be redeemed to fly on routes operated by Avianca, TACA, AeroGal, partner airlines or Star Alliance member airlines. Also, you can enjoy your LifeMiles with the programs’ vast partner network or through our LifeMiles Catalog where you get the best products from different categories like technology, personal use items, home appliances and toys among others.

You can access this promotion through our Call Center, LifeMiles.com or at Avianca and TACA’s Information Centers.

Buy now!

Terms and conditions
This promotion is available through Avianca and TACA’s Call Centers, LifeMiles.com and Avianca and TACA’s Information Centers, except Colombia where is available only through the Call Center and LifeMiles.com
This promotion is available between April 8th, and April 30th, 2013, as the last date of purchase
Maximum miles to buy per transaction: LM75,000
Minimum of miles to buy per transaction: LM1,000
Maximum miles to buy during a calendar year: LM150,000
Miles must be purchased in multiples of 1,000
Maximum number of transactions: 1 transaction
At LifeMiles.com, the purchase can only be done through Earn/Buy LifeMiles. Does not apply to the Flexible Redemption (miles + money) during the payment process of air ticket redemption
The amount for purchase of miles is not refundable
Each package of 1,000 miles costs USD 35,40, including all taxes applicable to each country*
For Venezuela residents: each package of 1,000 miles costs USD 40,oo plus local taxes of 12% IVA, for a total cost of USD 44,8o. The values are settled at the current exchange rate to Bolivares Fuertes.
Form of payment through Call Center and LifeMiles.com: International credit or debit card. Cash payments are only allowed at Avianca or TACA’s Information Centers
The cost per block of 1,000 miles may vary according to the country or channel of purchase

Other conditions:
Applies only to members enrolled in the program prior to April 8th, 2013
The miles purchase transaction receipt will show the total of miles credited to the customer’s account, including bonus, and the total amount charged for the transaction
The miles bought and earned with this promotion do not apply to achieve Elite status
The amount paid for the miles’ purchase is not refundable
The miles are not endorsable
Miles purchased, once accrued, can be redeemed in accordance with the conditions specified in the LifeMiles’ Program Terms and Conditions and the portfolio of products and services available for redemption.
LifeMiles Terms and Conditions apply
* The price may be lower depending on the country of residence registered in the members account in the database
Old Apr 12th 2013, 3:15 pm
Just Joined

so buy 150,000 miles for $2250 USD and then buy 20,000 miles for a return to UK total of 170K miles for $600 = $2850 rtn business from Au to UK.
Old Apr 12th 2013, 8:49 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

Originally Posted by bluehotel
so buy 150,000 miles for $2250 USD and then buy 20,000 miles for a return to UK total of 170K miles for $600 = $2850 rtn business from Au to UK.
I assume you're talking about life miles. In which case it's always cheapest to buy the minimum required miles for a part cash booking e.g. 40% of 170k. Although buying full miles does have the potential advantage of locking in exchange rates.
Old Apr 12th 2013, 10:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

I assume you're talking about life miles. In which case it's always cheapest to buy the minimum required miles for a part cash booking e.g. 40% of 170k. Although buying full miles does have the potential advantage of locking in exchange rates.
Drops it down to just under US$2,400 using minimum amount of miles (70,000) on the 2 for 1 offer plus money.
Old Apr 13th 2013, 10:13 pm
Forum Regular

jamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nice

Hi everyone a little advice needed, we have used US airways Dividend miles to fly first class to the UK, now we have a offer from Life Miles, which we have never used before.
We would like to go to Vietnam/Cambodia in Sept, October is it the same procedure, as us airways what sort of mileage, do we require from Brisbane/Sydney, do you use the same search tool ie KV and what sort of cash should we offset againg purchasing miles thanks in advance
Old Apr 14th 2013, 9:46 am
BE Forum Addict

kevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kevinbloomfield
OK, maybe I'm a bit thick but this seems complicated!! I registered for air miles a while back but havent seen any offers yet, also, where do I search for available flights? We want to go Brisbane - London and dont mind going via Sydney if thats required. Business or First class we dont mind which. Anyone help a thicko please?
Anyone can explain in easy words what I have to do?
Old Apr 14th 2013, 4:03 pm
Just Joined

Just read a article about that! Even better...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.