Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Business Class Airfares to UK / Europe - approx $2700 - $2800 rtn!

Business Class Airfares to UK / Europe - approx $2700 - $2800 rtn!

Old Jan 15th 2013, 8:56 pm
Just Joined

twitch1979 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Business Class Airfares to UK / Europe - approx $2700 - $2800 rtn!

Edit - I just logged in and went to gift some miles and had the same thing pop up .

Originally Posted by bcworld
Hi bcworld

Did you get an email with this offer or did it appear when you logged into the US Airways website ?

Last edited by twitch1979; Jan 15th 2013 at 8:59 pm.
Old Jan 15th 2013, 9:00 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by twitch1979
Edit - I just logged in and went to gift some miles and had the same thing pop up .

Hi bcworld

Did you get an email with this offer or did it appear when you logged into the US Airways website ?
It came by email but if you are eligible you should also get it by logging in.
Old Jan 16th 2013, 11:33 am
Banned

leeloo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by KJCherokee
Our trip is getting closer - booked the car hire and the Eurostar tickets last night, plus the travel insurance.

Question: if for any valid reason the trip has to be cancelled, what will the insurance pay out on first class flights booked with award points?
I think that if the reason is really valid and if there are some documents to prove disease or whatever else you should be insured.
Old Jan 17th 2013, 5:37 pm
Forum Regular

Tonyc88 is on a distinguished road

Hi,

So I mentioned ages ago that I was going to do a round the world trip. 12 months in South America, a stop in London and then Asia and going back to London (not back to Sydney!).

I'm thinking of doing a couple of one way trips (Business class). I know these are the same miles cost of doing a return but the costs of a RTW ticket seems to have jumped.

I will not end in Sydney! I plan on ending at Bangkok and seeing Asia for a few months before going back to London.

RTW Ticket

Sydney > Santiago > Sao Paolo > London > Bangkok > Sydney

- All economy
- One year time limit
- Good flights (Sydney to Santiago is direct)
- $4000 cost + one way ticket from Asia to London at the end ($1000?)
Total $5000.

Air miles

Sydney to Santiago - 100k miles, business, one way
Sao Paolo to London - 100k miles, business, one way
London to Bangkok - 90k miles, business, return

- Can book my flights late rather than a year up front
- Can stay in London longer, don't have to get to Asia within a year
- Ulikely to get direct flights to Santiago

Total 290k miles (which I have)

Total cost = About $5000 minus taxes

So i'm thinking just using air miles is worth it given the costs involved. Am I missing something?
Old Jan 19th 2013, 11:33 pm
Forum Regular

Another question! I'm looking to get from Sydney to South America.

Santiago preferred, other cities considered. Using united.com I can't seem to find any flights that go anywhere near South America, even via LA.

It seems like Star Alliance is really bad for South America! Any tips such as the easiest SA airport for Star Alliance?
Old Jan 20th 2013, 2:04 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tonyc88
Another question! I'm looking to get from Sydney to South America.

Santiago preferred, other cities considered. Using united.com I can't seem to find any flights that go anywhere near South America, even via LA.

It seems like Star Alliance is really bad for South America! Any tips such as the easiest SA airport for Star Alliance?
Yes, South America is tricky.

I know that people have had luck booking Aus - South America using Avianca LifeMiles. Which is a bit funny because it has the most limited search engine. So maybe try this to find routes.

Here's an example (Buenos Aires - about a 2hr flight from SCL):

Hmmm...SQ222 is an A380 flight...interesting!
Old Jan 20th 2013, 4:09 am
Forum Regular

36 hours wow!

I've not looked into life miles. Are Singapore now accepting partner miles for seating?

I'm going to be in Fiji before South America. AirNZ is part of the alliance so I was thinking of doing this:

Fiji > Auckland
Auckland > LA
LA > Houston
Houston > Buenos Aires (I could start my travels in BA, seems to have more options)

The flights are valid if I do them piece by piece but issues include the fact that the Houston > BA leg seems to have business class all booked out on my dates.

Tempted just to take the expensive RTW ticket in economy. Would be nice to go business (and have options like being in SA for over a year) but it looks like i'd be turning a 12 hour flight into something much much bigger
Old Jan 20th 2013, 5:03 am
Forum Regular

ahhh so happy.

Just got a ticket to South America for $800 AUD

Qantas - Sydney to Santiago = $3000 AUD.
Qantas - Auckland to Santiago via Sydney = $1320 AUD (work that one out!!)

Use 60k Qantas points for another $500 off = about $800.

So happy, goes to show playing around with things DOES work! Now I just need to leave Fiji 2 days earlier but what's a new ticket going to cost me tops? $300?
Old Jan 20th 2013, 5:30 am
Frequent Flyer Member

Originally Posted by Tonyc88
Qantas - Sydney to Santiago = $3000 AUD.
Qantas - Auckland to Santiago via Sydney = $1320 AUD (work that one out!!)
Never try to rationalise air fares!
Old Jan 22nd 2013, 1:16 am
Forum Regular

SUPERCAD is a splendid one to beholdSUPERCAD is a splendid one to beholdSUPERCAD is a splendid one to beholdSUPERCAD is a splendid one to beholdSUPERCAD is a splendid one to beholdSUPERCAD is a splendid one to beholdSUPERCAD is a splendid one to beholdSUPERCAD is a splendid one to beholdSUPERCAD is a splendid one to beholdSUPERCAD is a splendid one to beholdSUPERCAD is a splendid one to behold

good day
First time poster long time lurker...does anybody know if the 1st class award travel by singapore air from BNE to LHR shown on the united search are being honoured?

thanx
Old Jan 22nd 2013, 2:55 am
Frequent Flyer Member

Originally Posted by SUPERCAD
good day
First time poster long time lurker...does anybody know if the 1st class award travel by singapore air from BNE to LHR shown on the united search are being honoured?

thanx
Welcome!

Singapore does not offer 1st class between BNE and SIN. And no, it is extremely unlikely you will be able to book 1st (or business class) between SIN and LHR on SQ. United.com is well known for showing false positives.
Old Jan 22nd 2013, 7:21 am
Forum Regular

SUPERCAD is a splendid one to beholdSUPERCAD is a splendid one to beholdSUPERCAD is a splendid one to beholdSUPERCAD is a splendid one to beholdSUPERCAD is a splendid one to beholdSUPERCAD is a splendid one to beholdSUPERCAD is a splendid one to beholdSUPERCAD is a splendid one to beholdSUPERCAD is a splendid one to beholdSUPERCAD is a splendid one to beholdSUPERCAD is a splendid one to behold

so is united the best search to use? would the thai air ones be ok?
Old Jan 24th 2013, 3:28 am
Forum Regular

jamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nice

Hi a quick question has anybody used US Airways, dividend miles to Travel to Asia ie Vietnam, if so what is the go, i know Singapore fly Business from Brisbane,to Singapore, and then fly on to Vietnam do they accept US Airway miles for this.
Or do i need to Fly Thai, also has anybody flown FC from Sydney to New York, if so what is availability like normally thanks.
Old Jan 24th 2013, 3:33 am
Frequent Flyer Member

Originally Posted by jamesflorraine
Hi a quick question has anybody used US Airways, dividend miles to Travel to Asia ie Vietnam, if so what is the go, i know Singapore fly Business from Brisbane,to Singapore, and then fly on to Vietnam do they accept US Airway miles for this.
Or do i need to Fly Thai
As per LifeMiles you will have no problem booking this with Dividend Miles:

Old Jan 29th 2013, 9:54 am
BE Enthusiast

TakenThePlunge has a reputation beyond reputeTakenThePlunge has a reputation beyond reputeTakenThePlunge has a reputation beyond reputeTakenThePlunge has a reputation beyond reputeTakenThePlunge has a reputation beyond reputeTakenThePlunge has a reputation beyond reputeTakenThePlunge has a reputation beyond reputeTakenThePlunge has a reputation beyond reputeTakenThePlunge has a reputation beyond reputeTakenThePlunge has a reputation beyond reputeTakenThePlunge has a reputation beyond repute

This all seems to have got much more difficult to do ...

I can't seem to get the ANA site to work - it refuses to let me put SYD in as the departure airport...

The United site is rubbish, the Aeroplan site no longer works and the wife is giving me hell because my daughter will have given birth before I manage to book the flights :-)

Help....please.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.