Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Business Class Airfares to UK / Europe - approx $2700 - $2800 rtn!

Business Class Airfares to UK / Europe - approx $2700 - $2800 rtn!

Old Jul 18th 2012, 10:24 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Business Class Airfares to UK / Europe - approx $2700 - $2800 rtn!

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/thai-...e-tax-bkk.html

Ignore the DYKWIA OP!
Old Jul 18th 2012, 10:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Almo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud of

The slumber rooms (in the C lounge) are not individual rooms but more cubicles in one room. I got a bit of kip on one of the beds but I was cold and people kept sticking their heads round to see if the cubicle was occupied, which disturbed me. I didn't like the idea of being asleep and not knowing who was coming and going and what they were doing with my stuff (doubt anything would ever have happened but I didn't like it all the same), so I gave up and went and rejoined my OH in the main lounge. Got a bit of sleep in a chair there.
Old Jul 19th 2012, 7:08 am
Forum Regular

anawanahuanana is a glorious beacon of lightanawanahuanana is a glorious beacon of lightanawanahuanana is a glorious beacon of lightanawanahuanana is a glorious beacon of lightanawanahuanana is a glorious beacon of lightanawanahuanana is a glorious beacon of lightanawanahuanana is a glorious beacon of lightanawanahuanana is a glorious beacon of lightanawanahuanana is a glorious beacon of lightanawanahuanana is a glorious beacon of lightanawanahuanana is a glorious beacon of light

Well, it's done. The booking has been made after a quick call to a very helpful guy at US Airways. Still nothing in the e-mail inbox after a few hours though. Is that normal? One other thing I thought of that may be a problem is that I paid the taxes over the phone with my credit card. Thai have this thing where the credit card holder must be one of the travellers or you have to go through some convoluted process involving consent forms and ticket offices so maybe she won't get a ticket/itinerary until I've done this? Not sure as i've paid US Airways but maybe they just pass it all along to Thai for them to ticket.
Anyone else had a problem using their card to book for someone else? Last question, I promise!
Old Jul 19th 2012, 7:23 am
Almost more Oz than Pom

KJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond repute

The credit card pays both the airport taxes and US Airways booking fee, so they take the money and pass the taxes over to Thai - so no problem.
Old Jul 19th 2012, 1:15 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anawanahuanana
Well, it's done. The booking has been made after a quick call to a very helpful guy at US Airways. Still nothing in the e-mail inbox after a few hours though. Is that normal?
Yes - the success rate of emails arriving is not high!

You should also periodically keep an eye out for any schedule changes as US is sometimes not so proactive at notifying you.

Originally Posted by anawanahuanana
Anyone else had a problem using their card to book for someone else? Last question, I promise!
No, it's totally fine. As the ticket is issued on US stock I don't think TG's rules really come into play. I booked and paid for someone else and never even gave it a second thought.
Old Jul 20th 2012, 10:57 pm
Forum Regular

keefymonster is an unknown quantity at this point

Booked 1st class seats with TG, SYD to LHR via FRA.
Arrived at SYD this morning, at check we are told there is a change of plane out of SYD.
No idea to what, but apparently there are 14 side by side seats that do not lie flat in 1st. Then at the express line going through immigration we meet the line nazi of all nazis. Who on earth addresses people with "you people move". When we told him we thought his behaviour was rude and aggressive he told us we were not the ones to make that judgement. Who is then? He had his ID reversed so we couldn't get a name. We are sitting in the NZ business lounge where we were told there is no first class section when there is obviously an area set aside to the Rt of the entrance.
All in all, not a great start to our holiday and i'm still fuming over the behaviour of the line nazi!!!!!
Old Jul 20th 2012, 11:10 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

Uh oh - 14F not so good! Still fine if traveling as a couple but the oldest product.

Not sure about what the issue is with no F section in the NZ lounge - thought it was a fine place to pass the time.
Old Jul 21st 2012, 7:05 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by keefymonster
We are sitting in the NZ business lounge where we were told there is no first class section when there is obviously an area set aside to the Rt of the entrance.
There is no First Class section within an Air NZ Lounge. Mainly because as an airline they do not operate a first class cabin product. Business, PE and economy. The Sydney Lounge is pretty good anyway with a decent selection of wines, nibbles & wifi ?

At LHR you will be horrified at the *A choice then. The London lounge which reminds me of IKEA or the Singapore Airlines First Class lounge which honestly needed a refresh about 5 years ago.
Old Jul 21st 2012, 7:29 am
Frequent Flyer Member

Originally Posted by Centurion
There is no First Class section within an Air NZ Lounge. Mainly because as an airline they do not operate a first class cabin product. Business, PE and economy. The Sydney Lounge is pretty good anyway with a decent selection of wines, nibbles & wifi ?

At LHR you will be horrified at the *A choice then. The London lounge which reminds me of IKEA or the Singapore Airlines First Class lounge which honestly needed a refresh about 5 years ago.
I thought the London Lounge was grim. I'd go to the SQ lounge just for slightly better food & drinks.
Old Jul 21st 2012, 11:05 am
Forum Regular

The NZ lounge at SYD isn't that bad really in actual fact it is very nice I guess it was a case of not knowing exactly what to expect.
We are now sitting in the first class lounge at BKK.
The plane we were on is an old 747. The service was exemplary. I asked for a glass of Chablis, the stewardess must of thought i said bubbly and opened a new bottle then continued to force feed us champers until the bottle was empty. It was a good flight!!!! The IFE was very old. A small screen and no movies on demand.
We were met off the plane and ferried straight to the first class lounge.
We now have a few hours to experience the service here and then its on to FRA.

Last edited by keefymonster; Jul 21st 2012 at 12:10 pm.
Old Jul 21st 2012, 11:53 am
Frequent Flyer Member

Go for the massage!

It's a shame about the old 747 but for a day flight it's ok.
Old Jul 21st 2012, 12:07 pm
Forum Regular

Yep, the flight wasn't that bad all.
I'm about to be trampled on with a full body experience.
I reckon that is the way to go.
Old Jul 28th 2012, 8:00 am
Frequent Flyer Member

Some nice shots of TG's new J & F class on the A380 in this new vid...I think it's the first time I've seen any that aren't mockups.

Old Jul 28th 2012, 8:23 am
BE Enthusiast

phat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to behold

looks good - i suspect we'll never see one on the syd or mel route
Old Jul 28th 2012, 8:33 am
Frequent Flyer Member

Originally Posted by phat-dave
looks good - i suspect we'll never see one on the syd or mel route
There's a reasonable chance it will come to SYD one day...MEL, no chance! However I've got fingers crossed for some of their new 2 class 777s to come to MEL - same business class as the 380.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.