Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Business Class Airfares to UK / Europe - approx $2700 - $2800 rtn!

Business Class Airfares to UK / Europe - approx $2700 - $2800 rtn!

Old Jun 5th 2012, 6:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Almo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud of
Default Re: Business Class Airfares to UK / Europe - approx $2700 - $2800 rtn!

Nothing via OSL. One flight via FRA, but on 773 not A380 (which is fine, but I don't know whether it's worth going LHR-FRA-BKK-MEL just to avoid a long stopover in BKK, the A380 might have sweetened the deal.

Back to the drawing board.
Old Jun 5th 2012, 6:42 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Almo
Nothing via OSL. One flight via FRA, but on 773 not A380 (which is fine, but I don't know whether it's worth going LHR-FRA-BKK-MEL just to avoid a long stopover in BKK, the A380 might have sweetened the deal.

Back to the drawing board.
The '773' ex FRA is actually a 773ER which also has full lie flat business class seats.
Old Jun 6th 2012, 8:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Almo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud of

Thanks bcworld. Sadly that doesn't work either and I'm officially stumped - can't get LHR-MEL on 29/30/31 December to be back on 1st Jan.

Edit: maybe Turkish will work... off to check.

Last edited by Almo; Jun 6th 2012 at 8:58 am.
Old Jun 6th 2012, 11:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Ended up booking a return LHR-IST-SIN-MEL. Availability is definitely tight between LHR and MEL at the end of December but I found the Turkish/SQ flights and the agent actually found an option LHR-PEK-BKK-SIN-MEL, which wasn't attractive to us but at least they're out there. Taxes and fees on the TK/SQ flights were only $244.54, which is great, the other option she gave me would have been $486.76!
Old Jun 6th 2012, 9:23 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Almo
Ended up booking a return LHR-IST-SIN-MEL. Availability is definitely tight between LHR and MEL at the end of December but I found the Turkish/SQ flights and the agent actually found an option LHR-PEK-BKK-SIN-MEL, which wasn't attractive to us but at least they're out there. Taxes and fees on the TK/SQ flights were only $244.54, which is great, the other option she gave me would have been $486.76!
Unless you're stopping over at IST the taxes you have been quoted are incorrect. This could still get picked up before ticketing or possibly even at check in.
Old Jun 6th 2012, 10:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ah. I've just asked the same question on flyertalk. I'm happy to pay the appropriate amount, I wasn't trying to pull a fast one. I guess I'll have to call them again.
Old Jun 7th 2012, 5:29 am
Forum Regular

Aussie06 is an unknown quantity at this point

whats the chance of getting 4 business reward tickets flying brisbane - birmingham around 26th December. Don't mind the route and dropping into Franfurt etc
Old Jun 7th 2012, 6:11 am
Frequent Flyer Member

Originally Posted by Aussie06
whats the chance of getting 4 business reward tickets flying brisbane - birmingham around 26th December.
Virtually no chance.
Old Jun 7th 2012, 6:17 am
Forum Regular

Aussie06 is an unknown quantity at this point

That's what i thought, will maybe have to fly cattle and upgrade with my quantas points.

Didn't know wether splitting into two two's would give me a better chance.

Where can i check or am i better just calling direct. I have banked some miles which i could use for other trips but would have prefered to buy more and travelled back in comfort

Have travelled back 4 times now with these deals and you do get spoilt somewhat.
Old Jun 13th 2012, 12:50 am
Forum Regular

k974 will become famous soon enough

hi,

i've read this whole thread from start to front and even asked this question before and i apologise for asking again, but can anyone tell me the simplest way to book a first class fare from syd to london, i tryied to join ana and i dont know where they keep me login in name, i cant get the us airways site to work either.

i'd really appreciate it if someone could point a complete idiot like me in the right direction.

thanks
Old Jun 13th 2012, 1:13 am
Forum Regular

upyerfud is a name known to allupyerfud is a name known to allupyerfud is a name known to allupyerfud is a name known to allupyerfud is a name known to allupyerfud is a name known to allupyerfud is a name known to allupyerfud is a name known to allupyerfud is a name known to allupyerfud is a name known to allupyerfud is a name known to all

Originally Posted by k974
hi,

i've read this whole thread from start to front and even asked this question before and i apologise for asking again, but can anyone tell me the simplest way to book a first class fare from syd to london, i tryied to join ana and i dont know where they keep me login in name, i cant get the us airways site to work either.

i'd really appreciate it if someone could point a complete idiot like me in the right direction.

thanks
www.united.com then put in required flight destinations, dates and click Search by award travel. Should show Star Alliance availability. Then take a note or print off options and phone US Airways.
The miles shown on United Airlines is not the same as required by US Airways.
Old Jun 13th 2012, 1:20 am
Frequent Flyer Member

Originally Posted by k974
hi,

thanks
As well as the advice upyerfud gave you have to be prepared to put in the hard yards investigating all available routes.

Putting Sydney and London into united.com will not give you all available options. You need to be prepared to search for e.g. SYD-BKK + BKK-LHR seperately as even some relatively short connections are not always shown as standard.

If you're interested in SYD - London then I would concentrate on the Thai options via BKK. You could also look at options on Asiana via ICN. Not much else will be straightforward.
Old Jun 13th 2012, 1:39 am
Forum Regular

upyerfud is a name known to allupyerfud is a name known to allupyerfud is a name known to allupyerfud is a name known to allupyerfud is a name known to allupyerfud is a name known to allupyerfud is a name known to allupyerfud is a name known to allupyerfud is a name known to allupyerfud is a name known to allupyerfud is a name known to all

Originally Posted by upyerfud
www.united.com then put in required flight destinations, dates and click Search by award travel. Should show Star Alliance availability. Then take a note or print off options and phone US Airways.
The miles shown on United Airlines is not the same as required by US Airways.
Something I've just noticed, which may already have been mentioned, but are Qatar Airways joining Star Alliance? Asking because if I use United search for flight from LHR on 17 October it shows Qatar flight at 1505 to Perth via Doha. Same shows for return to Perth in early January from LHR or Geneva.
Would be great if it was available on a regular basis.
Old Jun 13th 2012, 1:40 am
Forum Regular

k974 will become famous soon enough

thanks guys really appreciate that, not stuck on going to london, ireland is the end destination so other places be find too. thanks again i really appreciate it, all the codes and everything made it way to complicated for me.

thanks
Old Jun 13th 2012, 2:06 am
Frequent Flyer Member

Originally Posted by upyerfud
Something I've just noticed, which may already have been mentioned, but are Qatar Airways joining Star Alliance? Asking because if I use United search for flight from LHR on 17 October it shows Qatar flight at 1505 to Perth via Doha. Same shows for return to Perth in early January from LHR or Geneva.
Would be great if it was available on a regular basis.
No - QR has a partnership with UA - but I believe it is ending soon.

You can't book QR flights with US.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.