Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

business attire?

business attire?

Old May 18th 2004, 1:25 am
BE Enthusiast

abergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud of
Default business attire?

Crikey

I have got through the second stage of an application to work in coles!! I have to now do a group interview and a one to one interview.

business attire, please help what should I wear?

No jokes please!!!

thanks Yve
Old May 18th 2004, 1:29 am
o_0

Peter will become famous soon enough
Default Re: business attire?

Originally posted by abergas
Crikey

I have got through the second stage of an application to work in coles!! I have to now do a group interview and a one to one interview.

No jokes please!!!

thanks Yve
Wear a suit and tie.
Old May 18th 2004, 1:31 am

gedge has disabled reputation

Sorry to ask, but male or female?
And what type of position?
Old May 18th 2004, 1:32 am
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations - I know you have been working hard for this.

Business Attire - don't take a risk, wear a smart suit/outfit. I do not care what 'their idea' is of Business Attire is, you are selling yourself at this stage and first impression count!

I work for a company where Jeans are order of the day every day and even though I knew this - the interview stages I wore a suit, tights,smart shoes.

Enjoy and the best of luck
Old May 18th 2004, 2:39 am
Forum Regular

paddythepilot will become famous soon enoughpaddythepilot will become famous soon enough

Crikey

No jokes please!!!

thanks Yve

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Congratulations on getting to the second interview stage.

Just out of interest, are you applying for a Senior Management post or is this a bit more of a humble post?

If they want require you to go though a 'group interview' in order to stack shelves in a supermaket.......that is just silly?

Anyway, best of luck and I hope you get the job.
Old May 18th 2004, 3:02 am
BE Enthusiast

abergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud of

Originally posted by paddythepilot

Just out of interest, are you applying for a Senior Management post or is this a bit more of a humble post?

If they want require you to go though a 'group interview' in order to stack shelves in a supermaket.......that is just silly?

Just brought a suit, (Im female)

Daft as it sounds I haven't got a clue what I applied for, I have applied for anything and everything at coles as long as it was near to where we live. The application said

Expression of interest-part time!!!

So who knows what I will be doing

Yve
Old May 18th 2004, 3:05 am

gedge has disabled reputation

Just brought a suit, (Im female)

Daft as it sounds I haven't got a clue what I applied for, I have applied for anything and everything at coles as long as it was near to where we live. The application said

Expression of interest-part time!!!

So who knows what I will be doing

Yve
Good luck what ever you end up doing??
Just don't stand fer no messin.
Sounds a bit suss to me.
Old May 18th 2004, 3:06 am
Wishing on a star...

cherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud of

I went through a group interview and two IQ tests with ColesMyer for a job stacking shelves at night. And then after that you have to have another interview. It is silly, I agree!

I wore a smart skirt and top, most people were dressed similarly (except for the guys!)
Old May 18th 2004, 3:36 am
Forum Regular

paddythepilot will become famous soon enoughpaddythepilot will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by cherry6
I went through a group interview and two IQ tests with ColesMyer for a job stacking shelves at night. And then after that you have to have another interview. It is silly, I agree!

I wore a smart skirt and top, most people were dressed similarly (except for the guys!)

Funny isn't it eh?

In the UK you would just simply walk into a job like that.

In fact, at the moment, they might struggle to find that many people interested in stacking shelves on the 'Grave Yard' shift........they would have to import staff from Eastern Europe or something like that.

If this what you have to do to stack shelves, what are the hoops you have to jump through for a profesional job?

Cheers.
Old May 18th 2004, 3:45 am
ABCDiamond

Funny isn't it eh?

In the UK you would just simply walk into a job like that.

In fact, at the moment, they might struggle to find that many people interested in stacking shelves on the 'Grave Yard' shift........they would have to import staff from Eastern Europe or something like that.

If this what you have to do to stack shelves, what are the hoops you have to jump through for a profesional job?

Cheers.
Last job I got over here, in an Accountants office, it was a 30 minute interview/chat, showed him my certificates, then I was asked when can I start.

Not sure I would fancy an interview for a shelf stacking position, I'd stick to running an Accountants Office, the interview was easier

Old May 18th 2004, 3:54 am
BE Forum Addict

DianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to all

At $17/hr for nightfill, it's more than you'd get in an office job with years of experience and qualifications behind you so I suppose they do go to a lot of trouble to get the right people.

It's damned hard work and gives your arms a right good work out so my friend tells me
Old May 18th 2004, 4:00 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by DianeOZ
At $17/hr for nightfill, it's more than you'd get in an office job with years of experience and qualifications behind you so I suppose they do go to a lot of trouble to get the right people.

It's damned hard work and gives your arms a right good work out so my friend tells me
**** you are low paid over there. I was on $17 an hour basic as a temp with all sorts of penalty rates over in Sydney. That was editing ISO procedures. Loads of double time when it was Audit time. Not sure if it is still the same.
Old May 18th 2004, 7:05 am
BE Forum Addict

DianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to all

All you need is love
Old May 18th 2004, 8:36 am
BE Forum Addict

footie chick is an unknown quantity at this point

Good luck on the job front Yve

Just to let you know that your PM box if full, who`s a popular girl then

Take care

footie xxxx
Old May 18th 2004, 8:44 am
BE Forum Addict

whisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Yve,

I stopped at the caltex garage on the way home (round by the bus station and taffe) and they were advertising for full time and part time staff. They will train too. Thought of you.

Whisky

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.