Reload this Page >

Business + IT to ACS assessment

Business + IT to ACS assessment

Old Aug 8th 2002, 1:30 pm
Just Joined

alexander is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Business + IT to ACS assessment

Hi,

My friend went to a migration agent (not the one I went to), and he told me what the agent told him which I have doubt. So I would like to ask your opinion about it, please

My friend just completed his Bachelor of Business degree major in Finance and minor in Banking & IT. According to the agent, he has taken 4 IT subjects and therefore would be able to nominate an IT occupation to claim 60 points. That means he will apply for assessment to ACS.

Our doubt is that will he get a positive assessment from ACS with only 4 IT subjects?

What do you think about this?

Thanks.

al
Old Aug 8th 2002, 9:35 pm
Jaj

Default Re: Business + IT to ACS assessment

With a degree like that, the agent should also be checking to see if he is eligible
for an assessment from ICAA/CPAA/NIA as an accountant.

Jeremy

>On 8 Aug 2002 15:45:28 GMT, alexander <[email protected]> wrote:
    >Hi,
    >My friend went to a migration agent (not the one I went to), and he told me what
    >the agent told him which I have doubt. So I would like to ask your opinion about
    >it, please
    >My friend just completed his Bachelor of Business degree major in Finance and minor
    >in Banking & IT. According to the agent, he has taken 4 IT subjects and therefore
    >would be able to nominate an IT occupation to claim 60 points. That means he will
    >apply for assessment to ACS.
    >Our doubt is that will he get a positive assessment from ACS with only 4 IT
    >subjects?
    >What do you think about this?
    >Thanks.
    >al
    >--
    >Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Aug 9th 2002, 7:07 am
Just Joined

alexander is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for your reply Jeremy,
In fact the agent did review any other possibilities. According to the agent, apply to ACS would be the "best" bet to be able to get 60 points. Our doubt is that would a Bachelor in Businees degree with minor in IT (4 IT subjects) be eligible to apply for an assessment to ACS?

Thanks again

al