Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Bush fires and house insurance

Bush fires and house insurance

Old Sep 29th 2003, 12:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future
Default Bush fires and house insurance

I have been wondering about the house insurance question regarding areas prone to bush fires. Is it difficult to get insured if you live in an area that has had a problem in the past or is it just a lot more expensive?
We intend to live slightly out of town in a hilly/ bush environment.
Old Sep 29th 2003, 8:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future
Default Re: Bush fires and house insurance

Originally posted by podgypossum
I have been wondering about the house insurance question regarding areas prone to bush fires. Is it difficult to get insured if you live in an area that has had a problem in the past or is it just a lot more expensive?
We intend to live slightly out of town in a hilly/ bush environment.

I am just putting this back up top in the hope someone has an answer.
Old Sep 30th 2003, 12:45 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all
Default Re: Bush fires and house insurance

Originally posted by podgypossum
I am just putting this back up top in the hope someone has an answer.
I'm living next to bush land/reserve and my insurance is not higher, at least I don't think it is any higher than most peoples.

I'm insured with this mob. You can calculate the insurance online.
If you know where you'll be living. Try the calculator there for a quote.

I don't know if this insurance company is any good when it comes to claiming off them , as I've never needed to make a claim.

http://www.australianunity.com.au/au...ource=topmenu1

Cheers