Wikiposts

Buried in Oz?

Old Sep 21st 2003, 9:15 pm
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Buried in Oz?

Originally posted by PeteY
Do you chaps and chapesses plan to be buried in oz? Or do you want to be shipped home and buried/cremmed here?

More to the point.....do you look upon your emigration as being permenant, for the rest of your life etc?

Strange question.....but can't think of any particularly exciting threads to start

Me? Wherever i really don't care. lol. I can see myself retireing in a nice little cottage in Devon though.
MY ashes will be taken up to 2000ft ,above Adelaide ,and spread to the Four winds , so i can get up every bodys nose......... MM
Old Sep 21st 2003, 9:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by mr mover
MY ashes will be taken up to 2000ft ,above Adelaide ,and spread to the Four winds , so i can get up every bodys nose......... MM
Think I'll leave it up to the family to decide where, but will make sure they'll have enough dosh available. Interesting thread. Agree with Fozzy - make the most of life now, but heaven will be awesome. Don't think I'll be worrying about my body then!
Old Sep 21st 2003, 10:03 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

I had already decided I want my ashes scattered from the top of Mount Wellington - thats the beauitful mountain overlooking Hobart.
Now for the depressing bit - about an hour ago I heard that one of my dearest friends (expat Pom, living in Hobart) today committed suicide by throwing himself from the hospital roof. Bit spooky with this thread running at the time, one of those coincidences of fate I guess. Can't say it was unexpected - he was a depressed alcoholic, but at least he was sober when he did it, so we know it wasn't an accident. He was the guy who first got me to go over and visit Australia, and planted the first idea in my mind of wanting to live there. He was so pleased that I met my Bloke, and that I'm all set to go. Best thing that could've happened in a lot of ways - at least hes at peace now - and he will be buried in Hobart, British or not.

Sorry about all the woffle, but its got it off my chest anyway! Think the idea is that you should be buried where your heart is.....
Old Sep 21st 2003, 10:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Pollyana
I had already decided I want my ashes scattered from the top of Mount Wellington - thats the beauitful mountain overlooking Hobart.
Now for the depressing bit - about an hour ago I heard that one of my dearest friends (expat Pom, living in Hobart) today committed suicide by throwing himself from the hospital roof. Bit spooky with this thread running at the time, one of those coincidences of fate I guess. Can't say it was unexpected - he was a depressed alcoholic, but at least he was sober when he did it, so we know it wasn't an accident. He was the guy who first got me to go over and visit Australia, and planted the first idea in my mind of wanting to live there. He was so pleased that I met my Bloke, and that I'm all set to go. Best thing that could've happened in a lot of ways - at least hes at peace now - and he will be buried in Hobart, British or not.

Sorry about all the woffle, but its got it off my chest anyway! Think the idea is that you should be buried where your heart is.....
Sorry to hear this Pollyanna - what a shock for you...
big hug - can't think what to say. Take care, Larissa
Old Sep 21st 2003, 10:18 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Larissa, much appreciated. Bit weird that he did it while this thread is going. I shall be Ok - just a bit of a shock - as with Whisky's cousin a couple of weeks ago. , is the suddenness of it.
Off for a drink I think....!
Old Sep 21st 2003, 10:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

jopaulss will become famous soon enoughjopaulss will become famous soon enough

Have said to hubby if you are still alive please take my ashes back to the uk so i can be scattered where i was born and grew up , and have a plaque next to them all , it means alot tome . If not the poor kids will have to do it bless them Hubby says hes easy , life is for living you can do what you want with me when your dead okey dokey !!!!!
Joanne xx
Old Sep 21st 2003, 11:57 pm
Badge

scatter me outback somewhere I guess..

not too worried

badgers

Old Sep 22nd 2003, 1:36 am
Look at me kimmie

leanda will become famous soon enoughleanda will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by Dee_e56
For me NZ will be my home. When I die I want half my ashes thrown to the wind of the top of a snowy mountain in NZ and the other half into the ocean. These are the place's I love most and when my family go to them they will always have me in there thoughts. what a cheery posting.

Dee
Always take into consideration when scattering ashes which way the wind is blowing!!!! When scattering my grandmother most of our family received most (the ashes) straight back in our faces!!! ( she would have thought it very funny) so be warned!!!
Old Sep 22nd 2003, 5:57 am
BE Forum Addict

nosuchluck is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by PeteY
Do you chaps and chapesses plan to be buried in oz? Or do you want to be shipped home and buried/cremmed here?

More to the point.....do you look upon your emigration as being permenant, for the rest of your life etc?

Strange question.....but can't think of any particularly exciting threads to start

Me? Wherever i really don't care. lol. I can see myself retireing in a nice little cottage in Devon though.
Wow, this is so deep and thought provoking!
i will be leaving my eldest daughter behind so i'm not really sure what/where to go when im dead! i've always said i want a headstone so that if my girls need to they can come and 'talk' to me, but if im in Oz and my daughter isn't then its a long way for her to come! so i don't know, i am hoping that our move to Australia will be forever, it will be our home, we will become citizens and therefore be buried there, i really don't know, don't really want to think about it but suppose i'll have to at some point!
this was a really good post and very difficult for me at least to answer
rach
Old Sep 22nd 2003, 7:11 am
too busy to work members

yafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really nice
Default ashes to ashes dust to dust

I'm having my ashes flushed down the loo in the Sydney Opera House and if they block it up it w'ont be me with the plunger.The old Plumber Colin "God that yafm is getting excited"
Old Sep 22nd 2003, 10:18 am

pomijean is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re buried in OZ

I,m already buried in OZ.
Old Sep 22nd 2003, 10:21 am
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of
Default Re: re buried in OZ

Originally posted by pomijean
I,m already buried in OZ.
Spooky.