Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Bundy's off again (again)...

Wikiposts

Bundy's off again (again)...

Old May 19th 2004, 6:07 am
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Well, here I am, finally logging on after an oh-so hectic day of lounging on the beach (St Ouens, Aidbish - other end of the island, but by far the best. Could have gone to Grouville, but don't like it as much as St Ouens. Popped in at Greve de Lecq but there was a party of kids there, so passed on that one. Just been for a swim at Archirondel though which was blissful). Manage to clock up several hours of book-reading and sun-baking and am now sporting a healthy tan and an unstressed frame of mind. The cat hates me even more because I've been out all day, but I couldn't care less!

Parents have been dispatched back to the UK so I'm now officially home alone (cat excluded). Just me and the endless list of Things To Remember helpfully provided by my virgoistic perfectionist obsessive compusive father . Shall return to sitting in the garden drinking gin in a moment.

Warren - the minute taking never happened. I was usurped by a skilled and experience minute-taker. I wasn't too upset

So, yes, feeling very relaxed. Am on a health-kick (gin doesn't count) so living on juices and salad. Hoping for more good weather to spend more time on the beach! Might even go surfing tomorrow (well, body-boarding on the weird antiquated wooden surf boards that Mr b (who can't master them at all) reckons look like lollipop sticks).

Cunningly let my boss think that I had done far less work than I actually did during the last 2 weeks, so she won't notice me doing nothing for the next couple of weeks....and I refuse to feel guilty about lying on the beach on work time.

Right, back to my gin
Old May 19th 2004, 9:22 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Bundy, missed your leaving(was off sailing the lakes of northern Holland for 2 weeks, with perfect weather, so have a VERY nice tan too )

Glad to hear you're relaxing, and hope you enjoy your 'quiet time'.

Good luck to your mum, though doesn't sound like she needs it anymore, luckily.

Ascention day holiday here tommorow, and friday off too.
Going to be VERY busy packing/organising, cos container is coming on Wednesday, and will only be present for 2 hours for us to load it and secure it!!!!!
:scared: :scared:
Nah, we'll be right
Old May 19th 2004, 10:38 am
Kiwified member

Pollster will become famous soon enoughPollster will become famous soon enough

Gin is fruit juice!!! (Juniper, I think) It is just fermented a bit that's all.

Have a good break and give my love to Bundymum and Bundydad and you might as well extend the same sentiments to Mr B and the bloody cat while I am about it!
Old May 20th 2004, 6:28 am
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Poll and Simone....

Glad the sailing was good Simone - if the weather was anything like as good as it's been down here, I'm not surprised you have a tan! Any news from that job yet?

Pollster - juniper is my favourite fruit. Such a shame it only comes in alcoholic format

Had another hectic day at the beach. Spent half an hour hiding from my grandmother this morning though. She is, erm, one of a kind, and we all have to be feeling very strong to see her. And I quite simply wasn't feeling strong enough for one of her visitations this morning, so I hit the deck and crouched under the window while she patrolled the doors, rang the bell, knocked on the windows etc. The cat was hiding with me, btw, which just goes to prove my point!

My parents have taken Mr B out to dinner tonight, which feels odd when I'm over here and they're out dining without me! BundyMum is booking into the hospital on Sunday.
Old May 20th 2004, 8:05 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by bundy
Thanks Poll and Simone....

Glad the sailing was good Simone - if the weather was anything like as good as it's been down here, I'm not surprised you have a tan! Any news from that job yet?

Pollster - juniper is my favourite fruit. Such a shame it only comes in alcoholic format

Had another hectic day at the beach. Spent half an hour hiding from my grandmother this morning though. She is, erm, one of a kind, and we all have to be feeling very strong to see her. And I quite simply wasn't feeling strong enough for one of her visitations this morning, so I hit the deck and crouched under the window while she patrolled the doors, rang the bell, knocked on the windows etc. The cat was hiding with me, btw, which just goes to prove my point!

My parents have taken Mr B out to dinner tonight, which feels odd when I'm over here and they're out dining without me! BundyMum is booking into the hospital on Sunday.
lol at the hiding!!!
Yes, I can imagine it strange, them eating with Mr. B. Pascal's ate at my parents without me too, very strange. They see him as a son though, so it's all pretty cool.
Sunday or Monday we're moving in with them again. Going to switch between them and Pascal's parents on and off.....
Container will be here Wednesday morning.

Well, I rang UWA today, to make sure they got my email(monday they didn't pick up the phone, and they hadn't emailed back yet), and YES, I'm in the system!! Phew!
Tomorrow I will ring the other contactperson and ask about interview dates etc. And to show I'm still keen etc!
Fingers crossed... I'm very worried about not being there till July. Oh well, at least I've practiced applying for something!
Did you finish your letter?

Old May 20th 2004, 9:02 pm
She's a bird, you know

Originally posted by Simone
lol at the hiding!!!
Yes, I can imagine it strange, them eating with Mr. B. Pascal's ate at my parents without me too, very strange. They see him as a son though, so it's all pretty cool.
Sunday or Monday we're moving in with them again. Going to switch between them and Pascal's parents on and off.....
Container will be here Wednesday morning.

Well, I rang UWA today, to make sure they got my email(monday they didn't pick up the phone, and they hadn't emailed back yet), and YES, I'm in the system!! Phew!
Tomorrow I will ring the other contactperson and ask about interview dates etc. And to show I'm still keen etc!
Fingers crossed... I'm very worried about not being there till July. Oh well, at least I've practiced applying for something!
Did you finish your letter?

My parents adore Mr B. It's quite sad really. We lived with my parents for the first 3 months when we came back from Oz - my poor parents, I phoned them up about a week before we arrived to arrange them picking me up from the airport on my return and said '....and one more thing, I'm bringing back this aussie I've been living with for the last year and he's coming to live with me in the UK, and we'll actually be living with you'. They sort of knew he existed, but weren't quite aware that we had actually been living together or that it was that serious! Mr B didn't want to speak to them on the phone as he didn't know what to say, the first time they spoke was the first time they met - early one morning in Terminal 4 at Heathrow!!!! Luckily, they all clicked straight off, Mr B and my dad bonded over painting a bookcase and drinking rum and my mum decided to adopt him when she heard all about his dismal childhood, lack of mother, etc etc.

As for you and UWA - keep at it. As you say, it's all good practice. Everyone should send off CVs and applications regularly, just to keep their hand in at the whole recruitment game. I did finish the letter, but have decided not to send it until I have my visa, with arrival date, when I will send it to all the international departments in all the main universities in Oz!
Old May 20th 2004, 9:12 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

My parents adore Mr B. It's quite sad really. We lived with my parents for the first 3 months when we came back from Oz - my poor parents, I phoned them up about a week before we arrived to arrange them picking me up from the airport on my return and said '....and one more thing, I'm bringing back this aussie I've been living with for the last year and he's coming to live with me in the UK, and we'll actually be living with you'. They sort of knew he existed, but weren't quite aware that we had actually been living together or that it was that serious! Mr B didn't want to speak to them on the phone as he didn't know what to say, the first time they spoke was the first time they met - early one morning in Terminal 4 at Heathrow!!!! Luckily, they all clicked straight off, Mr B and my dad bonded over painting a bookcase and drinking rum and my mum decided to adopt him when she heard all about his dismal childhood, lack of mother, etc etc.
Ahhhhh
As for you and UWA - keep at it. As you say, it's all good practice. Everyone should send off CVs and applications regularly, just to keep their hand in at the whole recruitment game. I did finish the letter, but have decided not to send it until I have my visa, with arrival date, when I will send it to all the international departments in all the main universities in Oz!
Good idea!
I got the answering machine again today, I'll ring monday.

Still nice weather in Jersey?
Well, gotta get back to packing... not getting much done!