Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Bundy's due back tomorrow

Bundy's due back tomorrow

Old Nov 19th 2003, 1:43 am
I like kittens.

downunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to behold
Default Bundy's due back tomorrow

Well, Bundy managed three weeks 'cold turkey'. Not a post in sight! She's due back tomorrow, so let's see what stories she has to tell....:scared:
Old Nov 19th 2003, 1:58 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Bundy's due back tomorrow

Originally posted by downunderpom
Well, Bundy managed three weeks 'cold turkey'. Not a post in sight! She's due back tomorrow, so let's see what stories she has to tell....:scared:
Must be too much bundy.
Old Nov 24th 2003, 10:29 am
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bundy's due back tomorrow

Originally posted by bondipom
Must be too much bundy.
Ahhh, it's nice to know you care, and that my absence was noted. I'm very touched.

No posts due to the fact that I was mostly on a train or in the middle of nowhere. And it probably did me good to go cold turkey for a bit, although my addiction has taken hold once again now that I am back at work and depressed.

I drank far too much bundy. Really, I did. And I maintain that it's not the bundy that makes you sick, it's the 27 gallons of coke you drink with it that hurts. We brought back 4 litres though, so it's all god.

Elbows up!
Old Nov 24th 2003, 7:59 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

You know the answer to the bundy is making you sick - drink it neat, without the coke!!!
Old Nov 24th 2003, 8:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Welcome back Bundy. How did the trip go? Let us know all the info when you recover
Old Nov 25th 2003, 7:28 am
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Pollyana
You know the answer to the bundy is making you sick - drink it neat, without the coke!!!
Well there is that. But I'm not quite that hardcore yet.

An alternative we came up with when we were working on the sheep station and thus consuming industrial quantities of rum was the delightful drink, a Mud Rum.

It started as a hangover cure from too much rum the night before: mix coke and orange juice. Coke for energy and caffeine, orange juice for a stab at being healthy, vit c and all that. It was only a matter of time until the rum was added for that all-important hair of the dog factor. Plus the orange diluted the coke and therefore made the whole drink healthy. Honest.

That said, the way coke curdles when mixed with OJ meant that it was a somewhat chewy drink and not one that I could ever get to grips with. But the others still drink it religiously. Ugh
:scared: :scared: :scared:
Old Nov 25th 2003, 7:34 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Bundy, I'll drink most things, but that sounds disgusting! I guess it might work as a "hair of the dog" but certianly not for enjoyment! Yeuch! I'm proud of you for surviving it!!
Old Nov 25th 2003, 7:38 am
She's a bird, you know

Originally posted by Pollyana
Bundy, I'll drink most things, but that sounds disgusting! I guess it might work as a "hair of the dog" but certianly not for enjoyment! Yeuch! I'm proud of you for surviving it!!
I know. I'm proud of me too. But there was little choice. When you tip up in a small outback town and announce that you don't drink beer, your choices are limited: drink rum or leave town. What could I do???!!!
Old Nov 25th 2003, 8:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

Hangovers aside though, did you have a good time? How on earth you coped with expats is beyond me, but then it sounds like you were out in the middle of nowhere anyway!
Old Nov 25th 2003, 8:50 am
She's a bird, you know

Originally posted by Larissa
Hangovers aside though, did you have a good time? How on earth you coped with expats is beyond me, but then it sounds like you were out in the middle of nowhere anyway!
Had a blinder of a time - there's more about it on my 'Where's the sun?' thread posted yesterday.

Didn't have anything to do with expats! Was mingling with locals only. And yes, was out in the middle of nowhere most of the time, which is just the way I like it....