Wikiposts

BundyMum Update

Old May 30th 2004, 5:12 am
Class 2 Guru

Location: Where the stars look very diff-e-rent today... and tomorrow!
MarkMyWords will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by bundy
... Nundle is back on the cards.
Woo-hoooooooooooooooooo!!! Excellent!!! Expect loud cheering when you show up in Thetford!
Mr B has met the Queen in June.
Eh?
Old May 31st 2004, 12:37 am
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by MarkMyWords
Woo-hoooooooooooooooooo!!! Excellent!!! Expect loud cheering when you show up in Thetford!

Eh?
Thanks Mark. Mr B and the Queen is a long, long story. The college he works at is 500 years old next year and so the Queen is *supposed* to be coming along for some big party thing, for which Mr B will be in charge of sorting out the alcohol. There's also supposed to be some reception thing where the staff get to meet the Queen and Prince Philip. It's happening sometime in June/July, so we can't go anywhere until then.

I reckon all he'll get to see of her is the top of her head bobbing past. But as every single member of my family except me has met the Queen, Mr B is gloating nonetheless. He thinks he'll be having a politically incorrect laugh with Prince Philip. It wouldn't surprise me in the least
Old May 31st 2004, 2:59 am
Class 2 Guru

The college he works at is 500 years old next year...
Oh, Christ's then? I dunno, these young Johnny-come-lately colleges. (Actually I should watch my tongue, there might be some Peterhouse alumni lurking!)
Old May 31st 2004, 6:26 am
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Oh, Christ's then? I dunno, these young Johnny-come-lately colleges. (Actually I should watch my tongue, there might be some Peterhouse alumni lurking!)

That's the one.

Peterhouse. Pah. Ex-boyfriend's college. I actually went to one of the newest colleges, celebrating its 50th anniversary this year (I think). And Robinson is built on the site of our old family home, where my mum used to play as a small kid.

Mr B thinks it's great working in a college that is older than (the white settlement part of) his country!
Old May 31st 2004, 7:25 am
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

Hiya Bundy,

Glad to hear all your mum's treatment is finished. Tell her to take things easy and give her a big hug.

Love and best wishes.
Sarah
Old May 31st 2004, 9:32 am
Class 2 Guru

the newest colleges, celebrating its 50th anniversary this year (I think)
That would be New Hall... ish, as it only became affiliated in 1972 although it did open its doors in 1954.

And Robinson is built on the site of our old family home, where my mum used to play as a small kid.
Takes me back, I can remember the University saying "oh there's this rich chap called Robinson and he wants us to build a college and name it after him". Can't remember what that land looked like before they built it, though.
Old May 31st 2004, 9:30 pm
She's a bird, you know

That would be New Hall... ish, as it only became affiliated in 1972 although it did open its doors in 1954.

Correct! Complete with breast-like dome. I had a fantastic time there.

Takes me back, I can remember the University saying "oh there's this rich chap called Robinson and he wants us to build a college and name it after him". Can't remember what that land looked like before they built it, though.
Big old house, lovely gradens, brook running through it. I've seen photos. They kept the original gardens to form the college gardens.
Old May 31st 2004, 9:32 pm
She's a bird, you know

Weel, BundyMum is home and in bed. She's feel a very tired and a bit sick (although that might have something to do with the rough ferry ride last night!). Says to say hello to everyone who's been following her progress.
Old May 31st 2004, 9:39 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Weel, BundyMum is home and in bed. She's feel a very tired and a bit sick (although that might have something to do with the rough ferry ride last night!). Says to say hello to everyone who's been following her progress.
Hello back
Sleep well (or tight, whatever the 'saying' is)
Hope it's just the ferry ride
Old May 31st 2004, 10:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

sjn2003 is on a distinguished road

Great to hear that BundyMum is doing well and that Nundle is back towards the front of your plans (not forgetting the wedding of course!!).

Looks like you're going to have a busy 12mths of so!

Good luck with everything
Old Jun 1st 2004, 1:44 am
She's a bird, you know

Originally posted by sjn2003
Great to hear that BundyMum is doing well and that Nundle is back towards the front of your plans (not forgetting the wedding of course!!).

Looks like you're going to have a busy 12mths of so!

Good luck with everything
I know, I know. If someone told you that they were intending to apply for a visa, get married and emigrate all in the space of a few months, you'd tell them they were mad! Well, clearly we are.

Shall be broaching the wedding subject with the parents shortly. Trouble is, everyone is totally 'weddinged out' in this family as my brother's wedding is proving to be such a drama. I think if I mention the word wedding, everyone will faint! But we've put off announcing the engagement officially because of my soon-to-be-SIL - don't see why we should put off our wedding because of her too!