Bundymum update?

Old Apr 26th 2004, 11:39 am
Kiwified member

Pollster will become famous soon enoughPollster will become famous soon enough
Default Bundymum update?

What's latest, Bundster?
Old Apr 26th 2004, 11:49 am
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bundymum update?

Originally posted by Pollster
What's latest, Bundster?

Ooooo, telepathy again! I was just about to post something...

BundyMum is doing really well. Still waiting for her radiotherapy date, but has been told that she is at the end of the list because she is non-urgent, which is sort of cheering. She is still having monthly teflon-coating bone infusions.

The pain has almost completely gone - just the odd twinge now and then. She is able to get up and function pretty much as normal now, no more lounging around in bed She's desperate to go back to work, and probably will in the next couple of weeks, on a reduced hours basis to start with.

The best news is that she is now able to drive again, which is a real symbol of her progress and an enormous relief to all (most of all my mum!). She takes herself off to the hospice for her acupuncture - she is now the world's biggest convert - and reflexology.

Meanwhile my dad continues with his therapy sessions which are having a real effect and he is well on the way to getting his dream job with the museum.

So, all in all, everyone is doing well. Except me - I was whacked with delayed shock and all that and sort of ended up in a rather miserable, tearful state for several weeks while I worked it all through in my own head after weeks of sorting everyone else out. Bit pathetic really, but I knew it had to happen sometime. I'm also struggling not to expect every bit of news to be bad.

BundyMum has her next breast care clinic next week, so we'll see how she gets on there. She feels great though and is looking pretty good too, or so I'm informed. I've not been back out to Jersey since I came back and won't until she has her radiotherapy.

Big scare, slowly getting over it and we're all learning this whole living with cancer thing. But things are a million times better than they were...
Old Apr 26th 2004, 11:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by bundy
Ooooo, telepathy again! I was just about to post something...

BundyMum is doing really well. Still waiting for her radiotherapy date, but has been told that she is at the end of the list because she is non-urgent, which is sort of cheering. She is still having monthly teflon-coating bone infusions.

The pain has almost completely gone - just the odd twinge now and then. She is able to get up and function pretty much as normal now, no more lounging around in bed She's desperate to go back to work, and probably will in the next couple of weeks, on a reduced hours basis to start with.

The best news is that she is now able to drive again, which is a real symbol of her progress and an enormous relief to all (most of all my mum!). She takes herself off to the hospice for her acupuncture - she is now the world's biggest convert - and reflexology.

Meanwhile my dad continues with his therapy sessions which are having a real effect and he is well on the way to getting his dream job with the museum.

So, all in all, everyone is doing well. Except me - I was whacked with delayed shock and all that and sort of ended up in a rather miserable, tearful state for several weeks while I worked it all through in my own head after weeks of sorting everyone else out. Bit pathetic really, but I knew it had to happen sometime. I'm also struggling not to expect every bit of news to be bad.

BundyMum has her next breast care clinic next week, so we'll see how she gets on there. She feels great though and is looking pretty good too, or so I'm informed. I've not been back out to Jersey since I came back and won't until she has her radiotherapy.

Big scare, slowly getting over it and we're all learning this whole living with cancer thing. But things are a million times better than they were...
That's great to read your update bundy and to see there are positive signs of hope and progress.

OzTennis
Old Apr 26th 2004, 11:55 am
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by OzTennis
That's great to read your update bundy and to see there are positive signs of hope and progress.

OzTennis

Yep, it's great when I remember back to how things could have been....
Old Apr 26th 2004, 11:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

Good to hear that your mum is doing so well and that she is so positive... don't be too hard on yourself - the shock was bound to hit you at some point, funny that it can hit your body (making you tired) even though you can be so strong mentally.
Take care and hugs to Bundymum
Larissa
Old Apr 26th 2004, 12:13 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

ah.....im pleased to hear she's getting better....I was wondering myself but as i dont know you too well didnt feel i could just come out and ask!!!

The stress of the last couple of months will have taken a huge physical toll on you, and is akin to Post Traumatic Stress Disorder........its an awful physical illness that takes some getting over.......you MUST give yourself priority for a bit and do some de-stressing!! Which, being a daughter, i know is extremely hard to do!! Thats the only problem with being the eternally strong one of the family.....they all look to you for reassurance, but forget that you then carry the weight of their troubles, as well as your own!!

Makes you realise how precious life is........

keep smiling
sue
xx
Old Apr 26th 2004, 12:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

abergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud of

Hi Bundy

Glad your mum is doing ok, and things keep improving. life is precious, so I have learn't in the past few months, I got the worst case senerio and my mum died, long story!. But wish you all the best
take care
yve
Old Apr 26th 2004, 12:58 pm
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all

Originally posted by tiredwithtwins
ah.....im pleased to hear she's getting better....I was wondering myself but as i dont know you too well didnt feel i could just come out and ask!!!

The stress of the last couple of months will have taken a huge physical toll on you, and is akin to Post Traumatic Stress Disorder........its an awful physical illness that takes some getting over.......you MUST give yourself priority for a bit and do some de-stressing!! Which, being a daughter, i know is extremely hard to do!! Thats the only problem with being the eternally strong one of the family.....they all look to you for reassurance, but forget that you then carry the weight of their troubles, as well as your own!!

Makes you realise how precious life is........

keep smiling
sue
xx
Yes, I can second that - time to get some serious chilling in now, Bundy.

Meanwhile, I'm so pleased to hear the BundyMom is well on the mend - that great news for all of you.

Anya.
Old Apr 26th 2004, 1:15 pm
She's a bird, you know

I wish I could do some chilling. Sadly, my boss (yes, AW, Anya) is now of the belief that it is all over and done with, panic over etc etc, and therefore 100% unsympathetic to my moments of misery. I think I should probably have signed myself off for a weeks leave or something, just to get my head together, but this wasn't allowed as I had so much to catch up with on my return to work. So I've been having to deal with things in the evenings and weekends and not bring it to work

I did talk to my GP about it when I was in for hayfever drugs and she said she would sign me off work if I felt I needed it. I don't really, I just need a bit of space and a bit of well, sympathy, I suppose.

To be blunt, in my boss's view, my mum didn't die, therefore I deserve no special treatment.
Old Apr 26th 2004, 1:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

S Oldfield is an unknown quantity at this point

if its any consolation I am doing the Race For Life next sunday, Southsea common..............all money raised is for Breast cancer.
Old Apr 26th 2004, 1:20 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Big hug for your mum - and an even bigger one for you Bundy, sounds like you need it!
Perhaps we should have a "Hug an almost-Australian Day"?!!
Old Apr 26th 2004, 1:22 pm
She's a bird, you know

Originally posted by abergas
Hi Bundy

Glad your mum is doing ok, and things keep improving. life is precious, so I have learn't in the past few months, I got the worst case senerio and my mum died, long story!. But wish you all the best
take care
yve
That's sad, sorry to hear about your mum. But you're absolutely right, it's a useful wake-up call because life really is too short.
Old Apr 26th 2004, 1:23 pm
She's a bird, you know

Originally posted by S Oldfield
if its any consolation I am doing the Race For Life next sunday, Southsea common..............all money raised is for Breast cancer.
Yay! I wanted to do the Cambridge one, but it's on the same day as my brother's wedding, so I can't. Do a few strides for me!
Old Apr 26th 2004, 1:23 pm
She's a bird, you know

Originally posted by Pollyana
Big hug for your mum - and an even bigger one for you Bundy, sounds like you need it!
Perhaps we should have a "Hug an almost-Australian Day"?!!

Sounds good to me. Virtual hugs all round!
Old Apr 26th 2004, 1:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

sjn2003 is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by bundy
I wish I could do some chilling. Sadly, my boss (yes, AW, Anya) is now of the belief that it is all over and done with, panic over etc etc, and therefore 100% unsympathetic to my moments of misery. I think I should probably have signed myself off for a weeks leave or something, just to get my head together, but this wasn't allowed as I had so much to catch up with on my return to work. So I've been having to deal with things in the evenings and weekends and not bring it to work

I did talk to my GP about it when I was in for hayfever drugs and she said she would sign me off work if I felt I needed it. I don't really, I just need a bit of space and a bit of well, sympathy, I suppose.

To be blunt, in my boss's view, my mum didn't die, therefore I deserve no special treatment.
Good to hear BundyMum is getting back to her old self, it was sounding all a bit scary for a while back then

Sounds like that MrBundy of yours should be providing some TLC.... or you could always try wrestling the washing machine for some therapy value !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.