Bunbury

Old Dec 21st 2004, 10:30 am
ACE
BE Forum Addict

ACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond repute
Default Bunbury

We drove down to Bunbury today and really liked the surrounding countryside and the city centre. I am a teacher and hubby works in oil so we are pretty flexible on location as we are not restricted to Perth for work.

Just wanted to get people's thoughts on the area especially those that have chosen to settle there- all opinions welcome.

Many Thanks
ACE
Old Dec 21st 2004, 10:34 am
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Bunbury

Originally Posted by ACE
We drove down to Bunbury today and really liked the surrounding countryside and the city centre. I am a teacher and hubby works in oil so we are pretty flexible on location as we are not restricted to Perth for work.

Just wanted to get people's thoughts on the area especially those that have chosen to settle there- all opinions welcome.

Many Thanks
ACE

ACE,

Hi ya!! Did I miss something? When did you guys get to Oz??

Hels
Old Dec 21st 2004, 10:56 am
Down Under and Lovin It

Jacko1 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by ACE

Many Thanks
ACE

Hi Averill,

Sent you a PM

Paul J
Old Dec 22nd 2004, 1:18 am
ACE
BE Forum Addict

ACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hels
ACE,

Hi ya!! Did I miss something? When did you guys get to Oz??

Hels
Hi Hels,
No you didn't miss anything, we are just here for Christmas and New Year again. We are staying in Port Kenedy away from the tourist areas to try and get a bit of a feel for the lifestyle. We have spent most of our time checking out schools, work and housing.

We are looking forward to meeting up with Jacko AKA Paul, Helen and the kids on boxing day and catching up with how things are going for them. How are things going with you?

All the best
ACE
Old Dec 22nd 2004, 7:29 am
Life is good

claire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to all

I broke down in Bunbury once, seemed like a nice place. I hear it's good for dolphin watching.
Old Dec 22nd 2004, 7:58 am
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ACE
Hi Hels,
No you didn't miss anything, we are just here for Christmas and New Year again. We are staying in Port Kenedy away from the tourist areas to try and get a bit of a feel for the lifestyle. We have spent most of our time checking out schools, work and housing.

We are looking forward to meeting up with Jacko AKA Paul, Helen and the kids on boxing day and catching up with how things are going for them. How are things going with you?

All the best
ACE

Oh, glad I hadnt missed anything!! I hate it when that happens....

So how do you feel about the areas you have seen? Werent you looking at Mandurah???

Things are going great for us. Paul got a job within a few days of us arriving, we are in a rental for the minute but hope to buy sometime next year(as soon as the house in the UK sells ). I just got me a job that starts on the 4/1 so am pretty excited about that.

We got ourselves a car...a purdy lil Rav4 which I just adore!! (see pic attached)

Other than that...I am loving being home and back close to my family...Paul has started to settle, still has a way to go...but I have faith he will get there eventually.

Good to catch up with you and I hope you continue to enjoy your holiday over here.

Hels
xxx
Attached Thumbnails Bunbury-rav4.jpg  

Last edited by Hels; Dec 22nd 2004 at 8:03 am.
Old Dec 22nd 2004, 9:12 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

What a coincidence, someone just asked about Bunbury yesterday(oh, day before!)
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=272966

Re: Anyone live in Bunbury/Busselton/SouthWest Oz?

I lived in Bridgetown for 4 years with my parents. (92-96)

I have friends that live in Bunbury.

I think two people on this forum live there too, but hardly post..

I would love to live down that way, but we have to live in Perth for work... for now.

I think it would be a good idea to buy down there. I'm quite sure Bunbury will keep growing for a while.
Btw, they've just started building a Formula Nippon racing track down there, will be good for the economy!

Anyway, if you have any specific questions, please ask (don't really know what to say...)

Btw, Bunbury itself I don't find very pretty. Ok it has some nice beaches... it's more the surroundings and the close proximity to the southwest, and not to far from Mandurah/Perth that I like.
Btw #2, Bunbury - Perth cbd is a two hour drive.
In a few years they'll make a freeway(?) from Mandurah to Bunbury, so hopefully that'll cut the time, but I don't think it'll be that much, though you never know.

Bit cooler down there too. Pretty good climate I'd say. A few degrees cooler than Perth usually.(a good thing I think!)
Old Dec 25th 2004, 12:51 pm
ACE
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by claire edwards
I broke down in Bunbury once, seemed like a nice place. I hear it's good for dolphin watching.
Thanks for the reply Claire.
ACE
Old Dec 25th 2004, 1:00 pm
ACE
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Hels
Oh, glad I hadnt missed anything!! I hate it when that happens....

So how do you feel about the areas you have seen? Werent you looking at Mandurah???

Things are going great for us. Paul got a job within a few days of us arriving, we are in a rental for the minute but hope to buy sometime next year(as soon as the house in the UK sells ). I just got me a job that starts on the 4/1 so am pretty excited about that.

We got ourselves a car...a purdy lil Rav4 which I just adore!! (see pic attached)

Other than that...I am loving being home and back close to my family...Paul has started to settle, still has a way to go...but I have faith he will get there eventually.

Good to catch up with you and I hope you continue to enjoy your holiday over here.

Hels
xxx
Hi Hels,
Really glad to hear that things are going so well for you. Congrats on the jobs, that pretty good going for both of you to have landed jobs so quickly.

BTW I love the car v.cool.

We are still sure that we want to be based down south the question is just how for south. The exact location will be governed by Steve's work so we are trying to keep an open mind.

The only problem at the moment is that we are more sure than ever that this is where we want to be and we would like to move now, but it makes sense for me to finish my post grad studies and probation year before we move so we are looking at another 18 months before we can make the big move.

Anyway Hels keep in touch and have a good one.

All the best
ACE
Old Dec 25th 2004, 1:05 pm
ACE
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Simone
What a coincidence, someone just asked about Bunbury yesterday(oh, day before!)
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=272966
Hi Simone,
Thanks for posting the link. We have not made any firm decisions about Bunbury we just have a feeling about the place. Our visit to Bunbury has just added to the many options we have regarding where we live but as I said to Hels work will play a big part in our final decision.

All the best
ACE