Reload this Page >

Bulimba/Balmoral area

Bulimba/Balmoral area

Old Jan 23rd 2011, 5:13 am
Just Joined

emmag is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Bulimba/Balmoral area

hi,
We are thinking of moving to the above area and renting for a while.Can anyone recommend this area for a young family? two girls age 3 and 4 months.
Any recommendations on the candk Bulimba and the Catholic school - Saint Peter and Paul's School.
any advice would be great
Thanks
Emma
Old Jan 23rd 2011, 9:29 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bulimba/Balmoral area

I lived in Balmoral for a while.

It's a nice area & there are various kinds of people living there - families & also plenty of young people.

The focal point of the area is Oxford St, Bulimba with it's restaurants, cinema & small shops.

I'd definitely reccomend the area, if you've been checking it out you'll know already it's quite pricey. No idea on schools.
Old Jan 23rd 2011, 9:45 am
Forum Regular

heldownunder is just really niceheldownunder is just really niceheldownunder is just really niceheldownunder is just really niceheldownunder is just really niceheldownunder is just really niceheldownunder is just really niceheldownunder is just really niceheldownunder is just really niceheldownunder is just really niceheldownunder is just really nice

Lived in hawthorne when we first arrived for 6 weeks in november now in Manly.
Very convenient for the city when the cat is back up and running. The park is great for children and lots of bars and restaurants for mums and dads on oxford street. Plus all the basic and designer shops. You could cope without a car if needed.
There are lots of expats and myself and my 3 yo felt very at home at the playgroup at the church at the inland end of oxford street.
A friend sends her daughters to bulimba state and is happy there. As said it is expensive.
Personally i prefer the facilities for the children at the bayside but i am not a city girl!!!
Old Jan 23rd 2011, 10:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

Bulimba is a nice area. I know quite a few families who have or have had their kids at St Peters and Pauls all the way through primary school and were happy with it.
Old Jan 23rd 2011, 11:35 pm
Just Joined

emmag is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you so much for all your replies.They are very helpful, as always.
We were in Graceville, then moved to Mt.Tamborine, mistakenly thinking we wanted to live in the country.We have learned the hard way that living in a country town in the UK, is very different to living in the country in Australia, as everything is so far away!So we just want to have things on our doorstep.
thanks again