Buiness skills visa

Wikiposts

Buiness skills visa

Old May 21st 2003, 12:12 am
arg
Forum Regular

arg is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Buiness skills visa

We have sent off our police checks (2 weeks ago) and the doctors reports were sent by courier (2 days ago). We've applied under the business skills class (without using an agent). Does anyone have any experience of this type of application and how much longer it should take???
Old May 25th 2003, 6:48 am
Forum Regular

jarv is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Buiness skills visa

Originally posted by arg
We have sent off our police checks (2 weeks ago) and the doctors reports were sent by courier (2 days ago). We've applied under the business skills class (without using an agent). Does anyone have any experience of this type of application and how much longer it should take???

What made you decide to go without an agent, iwould be interested to know if using an agent is a wast of £3k as we are just about to apply.
Do you know how deep the police checks go, i have a couple of minor offences i.e peeeing in a public place etc, do you know if this would be a problem.

Jarv
Old May 25th 2003, 7:43 am
Forum Regular

suzanne crabtre is an unknown quantity at this point

Do you mean a 457 IE. If so, we did it all ourselves.
Cost just under £300.
My husband also had a minor offence from 30 years ago. Got drunk, slept in the back of someones van. Was done for trying to steal it. Everything was fine with the police reports. Only mistake we made was not sending off for the police reports whilst waiting for an answer to everything else. We didn't think that they would bother with it being so long ago. If we were doing the same again we would send off for them whether they ask for them or not, instead of having to wait for the 40days after everything else was done. We didn't wait for them to ask us for medicals. We went and got them done and sent them off as soon as we had got them.
Old May 25th 2003, 7:46 am
Forum Regular

suzanne crabtre is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry, forgot to mention that when we were quoted from agents it was £2,600

Sue
Old May 25th 2003, 11:41 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

Suzanne,

You can't apply for the 457-Independent Exec visa any more ... as from 01/03/2003 applications for this visa weren't accepted.

Best regards.

Originally posted by suzanne crabtre
Do you mean a 457 IE. If so, we did it all ourselves.
Cost just under £300.
My husband also had a minor offence from 30 years ago. Got drunk, slept in the back of someones van. Was done for trying to steal it. Everything was fine with the police reports. Only mistake we made was not sending off for the police reports whilst waiting for an answer to everything else. We didn't think that they would bother with it being so long ago. If we were doing the same again we would send off for them whether they ask for them or not, instead of having to wait for the 40days after everything else was done. We didn't wait for them to ask us for medicals. We went and got them done and sent them off as soon as we had got them.
Old May 25th 2003, 11:52 am
BE Forum Addict

karawara88 is an unknown quantity at this point

Do you know how deep the police checks go, i have a couple of minor offences i.e peeeing in a public place etc, do you know if this would be a problem.
The police report will list everything, even juvenile court. I had a conviction when I was 15 and it was on the report, even had how much I got fined. ! Should not be a problem for you.
Old May 26th 2003, 9:37 pm
arg
Forum Regular

Originally posted by jarv
What made you decide to go without an agent, iwould be interested to know if using an agent is a wast of £3k as we are just about to apply.

Jarv

We applied without using an agent as one of our friends applied 2 years ago and has only just got his visa.

We thought it would be quicker and cheaper doing it ourselves.
So far its cost us £1300 (approx) for initial application
about £550 to have house/cars etc valued by a surveyors etc
2 adults medicals inc x rays and 2 kids medicals approx £350.00
4 lots of courier/postages about £40.00

Also husband was bound over to keep the peace about 20 years ago and i was fined about 2 years ago for not haveing a goods vehicle operators licence, but neither showed on police checks.
Old May 27th 2003, 6:16 am
Forum Regular

jarv is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by arg
We applied without using an agent as one of our friends applied 2 years ago and has only just got his visa.

We thought it would be quicker and cheaper doing it ourselves.
So far its cost us £1300 (approx) for initial application
about £550 to have house/cars etc valued by a surveyors etc
2 adults medicals inc x rays and 2 kids medicals approx £350.00
4 lots of courier/postages about £40.00

Also husband was bound over to keep the peace about 20 years ago and i was fined about 2 years ago for not haveing a goods vehicle operators licence, but neither showed on police checks.
Thanks for the reply.
How far down the line are you ?
We have only just made the decision to go, and have all the form filling in front of us.
Where do you want to settle in Oz ? We think Brisbane would be good.

Jarv
Old May 27th 2003, 11:52 pm
arg
Forum Regular

Just this morning got the pre-grant letter with a form to confirm our details (passport nos, names etc) for everyone on application. It looks like if thats ok, we're in.

We are heading for Brisbane as my husband has relatives there. We had to request, as per our visa application, to open a business in a state/territory. We nominated Queensland so whether we settle ultimately in Brisbane will remain to be seen, but Queensland it definately is.