Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Building approval at last!

Building approval at last!

Old Aug 25th 2006, 12:59 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute
Default Building approval at last!

Good news this week: our self-designed house has been passed by the council, and we have signed up with a builder.

Looking at the beginning of June next for occupation.

There are many hurdles to jump and hoops to run yet but hopefully we can join the Oz homeowners' club shortly!

If anyone's interested I will post occasional progress reports and photos.

(The other bit of good news is that I won a GPS navigator in an AAMI competition: it was delivered today! The ironic thing is that - given my posts criticising the Navman in the past - guess what make and model it is.........)
Old Aug 25th 2006, 1:16 am
BE Enthusiast

Exile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Building approval at last!

Originally Posted by Wol
Good news this week: our self-designed house has been passed by the council, and we have signed up with a builder.

Looking at the beginning of June next for occupation.

There are many hurdles to jump and hoops to run yet but hopefully we can join the Oz homeowners' club shortly!

If anyone's interested I will post occasional progress reports and photos.

(The other bit of good news is that I won a GPS navigator in an AAMI competition: it was delivered today! The ironic thing is that - given my posts criticising the Navman in the past - guess what make and model it is.........)

Hey, don't look a gift horse in the gob, and all that...

Would love to see the house take shape. Good luck with the build.
Old Aug 25th 2006, 1:53 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

It's with some trepidation that we chose our builder, given some of the horror stories that I've seen from some unfortunates on this forum!

However, he comes highly recommended by several clients, has proved very pro-active during our negotiations and quotes and we are as happy as you can be that we will get satisfaction.

Our bore is being drilled next Tuesday, so that will be one thing less to sort out!
Old Aug 25th 2006, 1:58 am
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wol
It's with some trepidation that we chose our builder, given some of the horror stories that I've seen from some unfortunates on this forum!

However, he comes highly recommended by several clients, has proved very pro-active during our negotiations and quotes and we are as happy as you can be that we will get satisfaction.

Our bore is being drilled next Tuesday, so that will be one thing less to sort out!
Exciting times ahead for you mate

We are still plot hunting so will watch your exploits intently

good luck mate
Old Aug 25th 2006, 3:43 am

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

great news on the housefront...and yes I am defo interested...would love to see the progress of the build
Old Aug 25th 2006, 3:53 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OK, you've twisted my arm <g>.

For the information of others who are going to build, I started a series of shots from the side of a tree a couple of months ago, and intend to shoot the same view as it progresses. Since this one was taken I have had several large trees down and the site fenced, but here goes:
Attached Thumbnails Building approval at last!-26-3-06.jpg  
Old Aug 25th 2006, 3:58 am

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Wol
OK, you've twisted my arm <g>.

For the information of others who are going to build, I started a series of shots from the side of a tree a couple of months ago, and intend to shoot the same view as it progresses. Since this one was taken I have had several large trees down and the site fenced, but here goes:

och see am awe excited now...a canny wait