Wikiposts

Builders *****

Old Feb 9th 2006, 9:30 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute
Angry Builders *****

Our slab was due to be poured today.

I did termite protection for 3 days and before they pour the termite company goes theer and puts collars on all the pipework.

So I went there at 3pm yesterday there weren't any so we called the so called site manager and left a message asking why there wasn't any collars on, he didn't return our call.

I shot back there at 8pm still nothing so I presumed the concreters weren't going to be there today.

I've just been there and they've poured half the slab there isn't any collars but they've only gone over one pipe.

So I phone the site manager he says don't worry they're there you just can't see them, I tell him no they're not, he says well they shouldn't be pouring.

Well thanks for that you're the site manager do your job ffs.

I go back there and tell the guy to stop pouring he says he phoned his boss to tell him there wasn't any on there and he said pour anyway.

So he stops phones his boss, he apologises says he doesn't blame me but his boss insists he carry's on.

He also says that his boss says it can still get a certificate, so f**king what it wont be as fully protected as it should have been.
Old Feb 9th 2006, 9:34 am
BE Enthusiast

The Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Builders *****

OMG :scared: So it doesn't matter to them if you're not protected, so long as you have the cert. to say you are???!!!! Unbelievable! No wonder you're angry.

Hope the rest of the build goes smoother than today.
TJ
Old Feb 9th 2006, 9:38 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Johnstons
OMG :scared: So it doesn't matter to them if you're not protected, so long as you have the cert. to say you are???!!!! Unbelievable! No wonder you're angry.

Hope the rest of the build goes smoother than today.
TJ
Just spoke to the termite company and the house is booked in for today
Old Feb 9th 2006, 9:44 am
BE Forum Addict

marco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fraser
Just spoke to the termite company and the house is booked in for today
Is the termite protection yours or their responsibility to sort out? What does your contract say? If it's theirs then make sure you get it in writing that they f****d up and will repair any damage caused in the future.

Other than that make sure you sell soon after completion.
Old Feb 9th 2006, 9:49 am

Originally Posted by marco121068
Is the termite protection yours or their responsibility to sort out? What does your contract say? If it's theirs then make sure you get it in writing that they f****d up and will repair any damage caused in the future.

Other than that make sure you sell soon after completion.
It's theirs, they've ballsed it up by booking the concreters in the same day as the termite company, the concreters always start really early.

What makes me laugh is that if I hadn't worked for the company that does the collars I wouldn't have known.

Our site manager's job is to liase with us and he's supposed to be contactable between 8am and 5pm. So we've told him they weren't there and today he knows nothing about it ands do you know why? It's because he presumed we didn't know what we were talking about and didn't see them so he ignored our message.

Hence him saying to Rachel this morning they are there you just can't see them
Old Feb 9th 2006, 9:50 am
BE Forum Addict

marco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond repute

It's theirs, they've ballsed it up by booking the concreters in the same day as the termite company, the concreters always start really early.

What makes me laugh is that if I hadn't worked for the company that does the collars I wouldn't have known.

Our site manager's job is to liase with us and he's supposed to be contactable between 8am and 5pm. So we've told him they weren't there and today he knows nothing about it ands do you know why? It's because he presumed we didn't know what we were talking about and didn't see them so he ignored our message.

Hence him saying to Rachel this morning they are there you just can't see them
Good luck!
Old Feb 9th 2006, 10:04 am

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

I think you should contact the Master Builders and see what they have to say about it........thats bloody shocking, its all very well for them to say they will still get the certificate.......but that doesnt do you any good. Ypu should also contact the termite people again and say that u know the collars are not there and if they issue the certificate of completion you will sue the bastards.
Old Feb 9th 2006, 10:24 am

Originally Posted by biggy
I think you should contact the Master Builders and see what they have to say about it........thats bloody shocking, its all very well for them to say they will still get the certificate.......but that doesnt do you any good. Ypu should also contact the termite people again and say that u know the collars are not there and if they issue the certificate of completion you will sue the bastards.
We've just spoke to the concreters who say the termite company was booked in for yesterday, he said they booked it in and they always book it in for the PM before the day they pour which makes sense as they'd be doing the waffle in the morning.

He says there are ways round it, fair enough.

But how much confidence can we have in the building firm as it's down to their site manager to make sure things run smoothly as surely that's what he's being paid to do.

He's not answering our calls and everyone at the head office is conveniently in meetings
Old Feb 9th 2006, 10:28 am

We've just spoke to the concreters who say the termite company was booked in for yesterday, he said they booked it in and they always book it in for the PM before the day they pour which makes sense as they'd be doing the waffle in the morning.

He says there are ways round it, fair enough.

But how much confidence can we have in the building firm as it's down to their site manager to make sure things run smoothly as surely that's what he's being paid to do.

He's not answering our calls and everyone at the head office is conveniently in meetings

When you do eventually get to talk to him....just remind him that he is breaking his contract with you by not returning your calls. Let him know that if he doesnt buck up his ideas then you will have to contact the Master Builders to see what they can do. Tell him that YOU will be monitoring every stage of the build, and want kept up to speed with everything that is going on...as after this bloody fiasco you basically dont trust his work methods
Old Feb 9th 2006, 10:31 am

When you do eventually get to talk to him....just remind him that he is breaking his contract with you by not returning your calls. Let him know that if he doesnt buck up his ideas then you will have to contact the Master Builders to see what they can do. Tell him that YOU will be monitoring every stage of the build, and want kept up to speed with everything that is going on...as after this bloody fiasco you basically dont trust his work methods

forgot to say....instead of phoning head office...if they have an address then e-mail them, keep all your emails and should they reply keep all theirs also. Get it in writing any correspondence between them and you. Tell them you had noticed the lack of the collars etc, and that you had made every effort to get the pouring stopped, and see what reply they give. Its all stuff for your records should you need them in the future
Old Feb 9th 2006, 10:42 am

forgot to say....instead of phoning head office...if they have an address then e-mail them, keep all your emails and should they reply keep all theirs also. Get it in writing any correspondence between them and you. Tell them you had noticed the lack of the collars etc, and that you had made every effort to get the pouring stopped, and see what reply they give. Its all stuff for your records should you need them in the future
Thanks mate, shit happens know and if it was a mistake and can be rectified fair enough what pisses me off is exactly what you have said that I can't trust him to be competent when I phoned him yesterday to tell him and today he knows nothing about it.

WTF is his phone call to put my mind at rest and explain to me what the concreter boss did.
Old Feb 9th 2006, 10:43 am
BE Forum Addict

cranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond repute

Our slab was due to be poured today.

I did termite protection for 3 days and before they pour the termite company goes theer and puts collars on all the pipework.

So I went there at 3pm yesterday there weren't any so we called the so called site manager and left a message asking why there wasn't any collars on, he didn't return our call.

I shot back there at 8pm still nothing so I presumed the concreters weren't going to be there today.

I've just been there and they've poured half the slab there isn't any collars but they've only gone over one pipe.

So I phone the site manager he says don't worry they're there you just can't see them, I tell him no they're not, he says well they shouldn't be pouring.

Well thanks for that you're the site manager do your job ffs.

I go back there and tell the guy to stop pouring he says he phoned his boss to tell him there wasn't any on there and he said pour anyway.

So he stops phones his boss, he apologises says he doesn't blame me but his boss insists he carry's on.

He also says that his boss says it can still get a certificate, so f**king what it wont be as fully protected as it should have been.
Welcome to the world of building Fraser.
we are still waiting for things to be finished, and we moved in at Christmas, hubby went to see a solicitor yesterday. Good luck to you.
Old Feb 9th 2006, 10:56 am

Thanks mate, shit happens know and if it was a mistake and can be rectified fair enough what pisses me off is exactly what you have said that I can't trust him to be competent when I phoned him yesterday to tell him and today he knows nothing about it.

WTF is his phone call to put my mind at rest and explain to me what the concreter boss did.

just keep hounding him mate.....I wish you all the luck in the world..keep me posted
H
Old Feb 9th 2006, 10:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Exile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cranni
Welcome to the world of building Fraser.
we are still waiting for things to be finished, and we moved in at Christmas, hubby went to see a solicitor yesterday. Good luck to you.
We're having a similar experience in WA. BGC Residential. Two years and still not finished. Their capacity to screw things up has been breathtaking. You have to assume total, idiotic incompetence every step of the way. No quality control apart from me, and I aint no builder. Worse, they just don't care, so phone calls, threats of legal action, etc, just get you nowhere and increase your stress.

I'm sure it wont be as bad where you are Fraser (couldn't possibly be worse), but to all those thinking of building, be very careful about who you choose to go with. Talk to as many people as possible.
Old Feb 9th 2006, 11:21 am

just keep hounding him mate.....I wish you all the luck in the world..keep me posted
H
We just phoned up the site manager from the landline who then answered the phone.

He put me on to his construction manager who thinks we're being unreasonable as mistakes happen.

He says his guy was in a meeting all day yesterday and if he got the message after five he can't be expected to do anything about it as he's finished work.

I'm full of confidence now as it was after hours for him so he let it go.

He then says maybe he didn't turn his phone on and get the message, well his phone was on when we phoned him so how come he didn't get it.

I'm at my wits end I've fallen out with the site manager which isn't good I'm going to be constantly in contact with him and he's responsible for making sure that the jobs a good one.

It's the total lack of customer service that gets me.

Rachel has just spoke to them and they say the concreters are responsible and they'll have to put it right at their cost as they shouldn't have poured it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.