British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Builder recommendations - Melbourne (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/builder-recommendations-melbourne-302500/)

Nessa May 12th 2005 1:47 pm

Builder recommendations - Melbourne

We are celebrating tonight as we have finally found our perfect house, it just needs an extension, can anyone recommend a builder in the Croydon area?
Thanks, Nessa

Bordy May 12th 2005 2:19 pm

Re: Builder recommendations - Melbourne

Originally Posted by Nessa
We are celebrating tonight as we have finally found our perfect house, it just needs an extension, can anyone recommend a builder in the Croydon area?
Thanks, Nessa

Good on ya Nessa. Why the need for an extension, are you intending having loads of kids? :)
We used a builder from Box Hill, was a bit slow but can't complain about his workmanship. I'm sure there are some closer though.
You need to get a pic of the house for us to see now.

superam74 Aug 14th 2005 6:41 am

Thanks, Nessa

If you can wing it for the Aussie government to give me a visa right now I'll build you the tidiest extension youv'e ever seen.I might be a bit late for work the first day as I'm commuting about 23000 miles. :D

carloubateman Aug 14th 2005 6:53 am

Thanks, Nessa

my husband is currently working for a building company called "that brickie bloke" he is currently working in the croyden area,
they seem to be a fairly decent company(im not biased in any way!)
from what hubby says they seem to be quite reasonable in the price department!
louise

Nessa Aug 15th 2005 5:28 am

Originally Posted by superam74
If you can wing it for the Aussie government to give me a visa right now I'll build you the tidiest extension youv'e ever seen.I might be a bit late for work the first day as I'm commuting about 23000 miles. :D

That's a good enough reason to be late.

Good luck with your application
Mick

Nessa Aug 15th 2005 5:36 am

Originally Posted by carloubateman
my husband is currently working for a building company called "that brickie bloke" he is currently working in the croyden area,
they seem to be a fairly decent company(im not biased in any way!)
from what hubby says they seem to be quite reasonable in the price department!
louise

Hi Louise ,
Thanks for the info,because the exchange rate has gone through the floor,we're going to hold up, on the new-build. When we get started can we send you a pm for more details.
Thanks
Mick (Nessa's husband)

carloubateman Aug 15th 2005 7:56 am

Hi Louise ,
Thanks for the info,because the exchange rate has gone through the floor,we're going to hold up, on the new-build. When we get started can we send you a pm for more details.
Thanks
Mick (Nessa's husband)

no probs mick,
fingers crossed by the time you come to do the extension hubby (carl) will be working for himself!

louise :D