Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Bugger just hit my first Roo

Bugger just hit my first Roo

Old Jul 21st 2005, 12:46 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Bugger just hit my first Roo

Coming home tonight in the dark along one of the many unsealed forestry roads up here we collided with a large roo that leaped out straight in front of us at the last moment. I was mortified first as I'd obviously killed the poor thing outright second the bloody Ute is only a week old. Deb was pretty calm and just said that's why we paid extra for a full bull bar. Lucky for us there was no damage to the front end, the roo wasn't so lucky
I know there are people who go around checking the pouches of road kill in case there's a Joey inside but this thing had bollocks like a stallion so I didn't bother I'm a bit wary of things that appear dead and then come back to life as we picked up an owl that hit the windscreen once and thought it was dead only to have it come back to life and us have to make an emergency stop to vacate the vehicle as it was going crazy inside. :scared:
The locals didn't bat an eyelid I guess it's part and parcel of living here bit of a shock to us blowins though.
Old Jul 21st 2005, 12:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bugger just hit my first Roo

Originally Posted by cresta57
Coming home tonight in the dark along one of the many unsealed forestry roads up here we collided with a large roo that leaped out straight in front of us at the last moment. I was mortified first as I'd obviously killed the poor thing outright second the bloody Ute is only a week old. Deb was pretty calm and just said that's why we paid extra for a full bull bar. Lucky for us there was no damage to the front end, the roo wasn't so lucky
I know there are people who go around checking the pouches of road kill in case there's a Joey inside but this thing had bollocks like a stallion so I didn't bother I'm a bit wary of things that appear dead and then come back to life as we picked up an owl that hit the windscreen once and thought it was dead only to have it come back to life and us have to make an emergency stop to vacate the vehicle as it was going crazy inside. :scared:
The locals didn't bat an eyelid I guess it's part and parcel of living here bit of a shock to us blowins though.
Hey, insurance and all Ok for you and your's and (hopefully) a quick departure for the 'Roo.

Sad but unavoidable.
Old Jul 21st 2005, 12:50 pm
Forum Regular

lilstewie has a reputation beyond reputelilstewie has a reputation beyond reputelilstewie has a reputation beyond reputelilstewie has a reputation beyond reputelilstewie has a reputation beyond reputelilstewie has a reputation beyond reputelilstewie has a reputation beyond reputelilstewie has a reputation beyond reputelilstewie has a reputation beyond reputelilstewie has a reputation beyond reputelilstewie has a reputation beyond repute

Good to hear that everyone's ok, still, that's one marsupial that'll "roo" the day he met you.
Old Jul 21st 2005, 12:51 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Glad you and Debs are ok, bet it feels nasty
Old Jul 21st 2005, 1:01 pm
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

Ive had a few Fact of life in rural areas unfortunatly.

Got a wombat the other week, went under the tyre. Felt pretty bad.
Old Jul 21st 2005, 1:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PeteY

Oh NOOoooooo!!!!! My fave Aussie animal....bet that was sad.
Old Jul 21st 2005, 1:03 pm
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute

The wombat ? Am sure it did
Old Jul 21st 2005, 1:04 pm
Account Closed

Three Legs is an unknown quantity at this point

They're vermin ...

Good shot ...

Old Jul 21st 2005, 1:05 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by seang
The wombat ? Am sure it did
pmsl. I was just going to say that

Glad you are both ok though. Bit of a shock though. Hit a deer once - not nice
Old Jul 21st 2005, 1:06 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

I usually manage to spot them and slow down/stop but this just leaped from nowhere one bounce and bang gone .
Good to see you posting again though Pete
Old Jul 21st 2005, 1:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Three Legs
They're vermin ...

Good shot ...
Sorry to the Op but...Pizza anyone????
Old Jul 21st 2005, 1:08 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steandleigh
Sorry to the Op but...Pizza anyone????
hold the anchovies
Old Jul 21st 2005, 1:16 pm
Forum Regular

flumper is just really niceflumper is just really niceflumper is just really niceflumper is just really niceflumper is just really niceflumper is just really niceflumper is just really niceflumper is just really nice

Remind me never to accept a lift from you! L.O.L. Hope you both weren't shaken up to badly and your new ute is ok. your luck has to change soon!
Old Jul 21st 2005, 1:28 pm
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

I usually manage to spot them and slow down/stop but this just leaped from nowhere one bounce and bang gone .
Yea, its the ones who pop out from behind a bush that get you. I can almost imagine them hiding, whispering to each other..

"here he comes mate"

"this is gonna give him the fright of his life!"

"teehehehehe."

"go go go"

Good to see you posting again though Pete
Good to be back!!
Old Jul 22nd 2005, 4:52 am
Forum Regular

optus has a spectacular aura aboutoptus has a spectacular aura aboutoptus has a spectacular aura about

Time to fire up the BBQ!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.