Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Bug infestation!

Bug infestation!

Old Jan 16th 2009, 2:25 am
BE Forum Addict

bridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond repute
Question Bug infestation!

Absolutely hundreds of these things in my car and coming out of holes in the coving from the room space!

They're little beetles - imagine a tiny cockroach about 1/4inch long with dark brown and lighter brown stripes and they fly.... any ideas?
Old Jan 16th 2009, 2:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bug infestation!

Originally Posted by bridie
Absolutely hundreds of these things in my car and coming out of holes in the coving from the room space!

They're little beetles - imagine a tiny cockroach about 1/4inch long with dark brown and lighter brown stripes and they fly.... any ideas?

Sounds like a horror movie, whats perth today? 40C I read, probably some plague of bugs hatched out, often happens like the locust thing

Worst we had was 1000's of winged ants invade the house one night, bodies everywhere the next moring.
Old Jan 16th 2009, 4:20 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: UK 2 Singapore 2 Sydney 2 Brisbane.....here to stay!
Rudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond repute

I'd be "bombing" your car and home!!! The Mortein control bombs from Bunnings are great.

Rudi
Old Jan 16th 2009, 4:30 am
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

DunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond repute

.... any ideas?
Walk?
Old Jan 16th 2009, 5:55 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Well I'd sort the holes in the coving for a start then stick a few bombs in the roof space. No idea about the car unless something nasty has died in it but I guess you'd smell that. Give it a good spray around and under the seats and boot etc then leave it for a couple of hours with the doors and windows closed. Then open the windows and leave it for another hour or so to get rid of the fumes, give it a vac and you should be good to go.

Doesn't sound nice though
Old Jan 16th 2009, 7:57 am
BE Forum Addict

bridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DunRoaminTheUK
Walk?
doesnt help in the house though... plus no way i'm walking in 40+ heat!!

seems to have been a swarm of something as the shed is also full of them, but OH just bombed it a few days ago so they're all dead. sprayed my car very thoroughly, there are hundreds of the buggers... mostly dead but a few still flying around! OH has bombed the roof space as well so hopefully it's the end of it.

wish i knew what they were....
Old Jan 16th 2009, 12:32 pm
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

doesnt help in the house though... plus no way i'm walking in 40+ heat!!

seems to have been a swarm of something as the shed is also full of them, but OH just bombed it a few days ago so they're all dead. sprayed my car very thoroughly, there are hundreds of the buggers... mostly dead but a few still flying around! OH has bombed the roof space as well so hopefully it's the end of it.

Erm.... see you tomorrow....erm...probably!
Old Jan 16th 2009, 3:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Wherever I drive to after work each evening I guess
Toe Dipper has much to be proud ofToe Dipper has much to be proud ofToe Dipper has much to be proud ofToe Dipper has much to be proud ofToe Dipper has much to be proud ofToe Dipper has much to be proud ofToe Dipper has much to be proud ofToe Dipper has much to be proud ofToe Dipper has much to be proud ofToe Dipper has much to be proud ofToe Dipper has much to be proud of

......After all that........Dead?
Old Jan 17th 2009, 12:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by worzel
Erm.... see you tomorrow....erm...probably!