Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Budget airlines :D

Budget airlines :D

Old Oct 18th 2007, 10:02 am
Just Joined

Leese is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Budget airlines :D

Hihi, I'm hopefully (fingerscrossed) flying out to Darwin in December.
Although, I don't have a flight yet...
Does anyone know any cheap airlines to get a ticket through?
Or the cheapest route to Darwin?
The best I've found is about £500
I hate to fork out so much money on a flight... It means I have to work more.
Lazy.
Any info you can share would be great.
Leese.
Old Oct 18th 2007, 10:20 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Budget airlines :D

Originally Posted by Leese
Hihi, I'm hopefully (fingerscrossed) flying out to Darwin in December.
Although, I don't have a flight yet...
Does anyone know any cheap airlines to get a ticket through?
Or the cheapest route to Darwin?
The best I've found is about £500
I hate to fork out so much money on a flight... It means I have to work more.
Lazy.
Any info you can share would be great.
Leese.
Is your GBP500 one-way or return? If its rtn then thats a very good price!

As far as budget airlines go Tiger Airways flies from Singapore to Darwin but getting to SIN cheap isn't easy.

Oasis flies to Hong Kong from Gatwick starting at GBP75 each way + taxes then there are low cost options from Hkg - Sin, Jetstar I think...then pick up Tiger Airways.

Also when you say December I assume you wont be travelling betwen 10Dec and 25Dec as this is when flights become super-expensive for Xmas.
Old Oct 18th 2007, 10:27 am
Just Joined

It's only one-way.
I hope to get out there for pretty much 1st Dec (anytime after pay day in November really!).
Otherwise, yeah, I will have to wait until New Year which I am dreading.
Thanks for your help
Old Oct 18th 2007, 11:04 am
Just Joined

Winglet66 is on a distinguished road
Default Budget Routes to Australia and in Australia

This is by far the cheapest route to OZ

LGW London Gatwick with Oasis-HongKong to HKG Hong Kong then take the £10 one hour Macau Hydrofoil which leaves from the airport. The take the new Low cost airline Viva Macau to SYDney
Viva Macau Airlines

If you are trying to get to other Aussie destinations You can get around south east Asia i.e. between HKG and SINgapore with Jetstar Asia, Air Asia and Tiger Airways

Air Asia have some very good walk up on the day prices if you have to.

It is highly advisable to join all of these airlines emailing list. People on these lists get first notification of the best offers.

Tiger is about to start Australian based operations from MELbourne so Jetstar Australia and Virgin Blue will start a fare war to and from the airports that Tiger will operate from MEL.

If you are planning a rekkie trip to oz and want to visit lots of places get on these airlines mail list a good couple of months before you are due to arrive, as the booking periods are usually a couple months forward.
Old Oct 18th 2007, 12:57 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute
Default GBP311 One way to Darwin - Low Cost Option

Originally Posted by Leese
It's only one-way.
I hope to get out there for pretty much 1st Dec (anytime after pay day in November really!).
Otherwise, yeah, I will have to wait until New Year which I am dreading.
Thanks for your help
OK.....here's how its done.

Oasis from London Gatwick - Hong Kong (3rd Dec) GBP197.00
Jetstar from Hong Kong - Singapore (4th Dec) GBP64.00 (connects nicely with above flight)
Tiger from Singapore to Darwin (5th Dec) GBP50.00

TOTAL = GBP311.00 inc taxes

Now you would have to stay in Singapore overnight due to the connections so you'd need to also factor in the cost of a cheap hotel room....but at least you'd have time to visit the city if you haven't been before.

Didnt bother to check but careful with the baggage allowances on these budget carriers!

Hope this helps,

B
Old Oct 18th 2007, 1:24 pm
Just Joined

I've been looking on those sites all morning!
I found it ever so slightly cheaper leaving London on the 29th Nov - £308.09.
I'm getting so excited, I've been pushing the date forward as much as I can!
Thanks so so much for your advice. Money is tight (as always) so I appreciate all the help I can get.
Old Oct 18th 2007, 2:18 pm
Just Joined

Default Re: Budget Routes to Australia and in Australia

Originally Posted by Winglet66
This is by far the cheapest route to OZ

LGW London Gatwick with Oasis-HongKong to HKG Hong Kong then take the £10 one hour Macau Hydrofoil which leaves from the airport. The take the new Low cost airline Viva Macau to SYDney
Viva Macau Airlines

If you are trying to get to other Aussie destinations You can get around south east Asia i.e. between HKG and SINgapore with Jetstar Asia, Air Asia and Tiger Airways

Air Asia have some very good walk up on the day prices if you have to.

It is highly advisable to join all of these airlines emailing list. People on these lists get first notification of the best offers.

Tiger is about to start Australian based operations from MELbourne so Jetstar Australia and Virgin Blue will start a fare war to and from the airports that Tiger will operate from MEL.

If you are planning a rekkie trip to oz and want to visit lots of places get on these airlines mail list a good couple of months before you are due to arrive, as the booking periods are usually a couple months forward.

Thanks
I'm actually guna be heading on to NZ next February time so will have to mega budget by then!