Reload this Page >

Buderim primary school

Buderim primary school

Old Aug 7th 2007, 1:26 am
Forum Regular

hollywood110 is on a distinguished road
Default Buderim primary school

Hi

We are moving from Perth to the Sunshine coast in January and would like some info on schools around the area, have looked at threads but cant seem to fine alot about either Buderim Primary school or Matthew Flinders Anglican College, I would be very greatful if anyone with children at either would let me know their thoughts, also any info on any other schools would be good too.
Thanks
Old Aug 7th 2007, 1:31 am
BE Enthusiast

gillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud of
Default Re: Buderim primary school

Originally Posted by hollywood110
Hi

We are moving from Perth to the Sunshine coast in January and would like some info on schools around the area, have looked at threads but cant seem to fine alot about either Buderim Primary school or Matthew Flinders Anglican College, I would be very greatful if anyone with children at either would let me know their thoughts, also any info on any other schools would be good too.
Thanks
Matthew Flinders College has a really good reputation, but I haven't heard anything about Buderim State School (Primary). Mountain Creek SS (Primary) is the one most people seem to favour in, but you will have to live in its catchment area.

Gilly
Old Aug 7th 2007, 2:26 am
Just Joined

vik73 is just really nicevik73 is just really nicevik73 is just really nicevik73 is just really nicevik73 is just really nicevik73 is just really nicevik73 is just really nicevik73 is just really nicevik73 is just really nicevik73 is just really nicevik73 is just really nice

My kids go to Mountain Creek, its good but is very large, it has roughly 1,250 kids and is just getting bigger. My kids don't see each other all day, whereas at their old school in England if they needed one another they new where to find them.
Old Aug 7th 2007, 3:42 am
Forum Regular

hollywood110 is on a distinguished road

Thanks for that, My husband passed by Mountain creek ss and said how big it was, that put me off a bit, but I have only heard good things about it, so dont know what to do at the moment.
Does anyone know are there any bad areas in Buderim to live? also where would be the best area to live?

Thankyou
Old Aug 7th 2007, 6:04 am
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute

My two eldest go to Mountain Creek State High and both love it there. Yes there's a lot of kids there but they're not all there at the same time, plus there are only so many kids you can fit in one place! At any high school, no matter how big or small...there won't be the entire population of the school in one exact place at any one time.

The school is very good at keeping parents informed if their kids are either late to school or not doing their homework etc....believe me I know as my middle child is allergic to homework it seems! On the whole, my lads are doing better here at school than in the uk. Their school in England (state) was in the top 5% in the country too.

My daughter is in grade 7 now @ Buderim Primary and although she had a shaky start when she started there in grade 5 (I think that was just down to 1 dodgy teacher) she has been getting better and better each year. She's been really happy there and is now thoroughly looking forward to going up to Mountain Creek High in January.

We initially rented a house on the Timberdale estate as it's within MCSHS zone (well most of it is) and the bus goes to the school from just around the corner...but as it's flat all the way, my lads cycled there each day.

To the OP - if you need any more info, drop me a line.
Old Aug 8th 2007, 4:39 pm
jce
Forum Regular

jce is a name known to alljce is a name known to alljce is a name known to alljce is a name known to alljce is a name known to alljce is a name known to alljce is a name known to alljce is a name known to alljce is a name known to alljce is a name known to alljce is a name known to all

Originally Posted by hollywood110
Does anyone know are there any bad areas in Buderim to live? also where would be the best area to live?
easy answer is no.

Only places around here that are considered a bit rough are by the sea front around Maroochydore where its mainly tourist accommodation and down the coast at Warana - but depends on your comparisions as to whats "bad"
Old Aug 9th 2007, 6:04 am
Forum Regular

carolinelaurie is an unknown quantity at this point

I too am interested in peoples opinions. I have been and viewed the mountain creek school and although huge compared to my kids school here in the uk (only have 200 in their school) it is cleverly done and did not feel as big as it sounds. It had a nice feel and the staff were all really nice, the kids seemed happy and all in uniform. had to chuckle thought when i looked through the tuck shop menu they offer kids sushi!!! I think we have opted for this school. I have looked at the buderim school on the internet and reads nice. Also the headmaster is really helpful he sent me out a big package and prospectus to look at. I think we may well go and have a look but all in all i have looked at three schools in and around the area and you just cant tell too much til your kids are in school, just a mothers vibe is all we have to go on til then. My kids are 10 and 7 and we are moving out next week so i need to make my mind up quickly. I will follow this thread closely
Old Aug 9th 2007, 8:02 am
BE Forum Addict

CathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carolinelaurie
I too am interested in peoples opinions. I have been and viewed the mountain creek school and although huge compared to my kids school here in the uk (only have 200 in their school) it is cleverly done and did not feel as big as it sounds. It had a nice feel and the staff were all really nice, the kids seemed happy and all in uniform. had to chuckle thought when i looked through the tuck shop menu they offer kids sushi!!! I think we have opted for this school. I have looked at the buderim school on the internet and reads nice. Also the headmaster is really helpful he sent me out a big package and prospectus to look at. I think we may well go and have a look but all in all i have looked at three schools in and around the area and you just cant tell too much til your kids are in school, just a mothers vibe is all we have to go on til then. My kids are 10 and 7 and we are moving out next week so i need to make my mind up quickly. I will follow this thread closely
My youngest is in Year 7 at MC primary. He started about 4 weeks ago and absolutely loves it. It was a bit overwhelming to start off with seeing how big the school is, but he has got used to it and said he wouldnt go back to his english school!!

By the way, you dont have to live in the catchment area, you can fill in an exemption form. You would be surprise how small the primary catchment area is!!
Old Aug 19th 2007, 11:51 am
Forum Regular

the greens is just really nicethe greens is just really nicethe greens is just really nicethe greens is just really nicethe greens is just really nicethe greens is just really nicethe greens is just really nicethe greens is just really nicethe greens is just really nicethe greens is just really nice

Which primary school do most kids who live in Sippy Downs go to ? I only hear good things about MC schools but I am sure there are lots of others.
Old Aug 20th 2007, 1:01 am
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by the greens
Which primary school do most kids who live in Sippy Downs go to ? I only hear good things about MC schools but I am sure there are lots of others.
A lot of kids who live in Sippy Downs go to Chancellor Park schools. I live in Sippy Downs but before we moved here my kids were already in Mt Creek High & Buderim Primary. I didn't want to move them again as I felt they'd had enough upheaval for a while, plus they were settled with their friends and doing very well academically.

I'm sending my daughter to Mt Creek High though in January as I have a much better 'feel' for it than Chancellor Park High....maybe it's just because it's what I know, plus hopefully she'll be doing the accelerated learning program they do there for yrs 8 & 9. Also, my lad will still be attending there...it's just a personal thing, some people may prefer Chancellor Park as it's closer etc