British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   buderim high school ?? please help if you live on the sunshine coast (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/buderim-high-school-please-help-if-you-live-sunshine-coast-463513/)

lol Jul 4th 2007 12:40 pm

buderim high school ?? please help if you live on the sunshine coast

Hi there,

i know there is a really good high school at mountain creek but it only covers half of buderim. Is there a high school at buderim and whats it like ???

lol Jul 4th 2007 11:30 pm

Re: buderim high school ?? please help if you live on the sunshine coast

i have found the site for buderim mountain high school so there is one, but looking back through the posts cant see whether anyone has talked about it ..... advice please:p

jad n rich Jul 5th 2007 12:57 am

Originally Posted by lol (Post 5010147)
i have found the site for buderim mountain high school so there is one, but looking back through the posts cant see whether anyone has talked about it ..... advice please:p

Buderim mountain is a primary school just under the 1000 kids. The state high those kids go to is the Mountain creek High. Def no state high in buderim.

Privates include Matthew flinders (about $9000 a year) and the catholic sienna at sippy downs (very long waiting list).

lol Jul 5th 2007 7:21 am

thanks for your help... do most of the kidsgo to mchs then ?? we are arriving in august and have seen a house in buderim but its just outside the high school catchment.. we have 3 kids and dont really want to buy for private ed.. any advice will be a great help cheers:thumbup:

kevinbloomfield Jul 5th 2007 7:55 am

Originally Posted by lol (Post 5011040)
thanks for your help... do most of the kidsgo to mchs then ?? we are arriving in august and have seen a house in buderim but its just outside the high school catchment.. we have 3 kids and dont really want to buy for private ed.. any advice will be a great help cheers:thumbup:

Zone in Buderim may be Chancellor Park SHS, you deffo wouldn't have to go private.
If you don't live in the MC SHS zone it's unlikely you'll be accepted unless you rent in the zone, enroll and then move to Buderim afterwards :-)

lol Jul 6th 2007 2:47 am

hi there, Does this school have a good name ?? i've only ever heard anyone talk about mchs.... thanks for your help:thumbup:

jad n rich Jul 6th 2007 2:56 am

Originally Posted by lol (Post 5015526)
hi there, Does this school have a good name ?? i've only ever heard anyone talk about mchs.... thanks for your help:thumbup:

Chanc state college has a impressive new campus, its right near the university. As MCH its zoned, basically its in sippy downs but thats adjcent to buderim. Its like any school it very much depends on which teacher they get:blink: and the combination/behaviour of kids they share the class with . The privates around buderim are not cheap, theres the grammar and matthew flinders, your looking at 8 - 9 grand a kid, now that may sound cheap in when in the Uk but it is not cheap once your here:blink: or if like many of us you have a brood of kids not one little darlink.

lol Jul 6th 2007 8:27 am

thanks for your help, just need to find a rental now fingers crossed:thumbup: