Buderim

Old May 13th 2005, 1:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Buderim

Can anyone help as I am trying to find out personal views from anyone who has visited Buderim or lives there as to what it is like.Hoping to head out there this year.Have looked at the Buderim website and have done a search under Buderim on this site and have had some feed back from sydney the Dog who thinks its great but just need to know a little more and if anyone else has had first hand experience of the area.Good and bad comments all taken on board.
Thanks Dreamaway
Old May 13th 2005, 2:17 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Buderim

Originally Posted by Dreamaway 10
Can anyone help as I am trying to find out personal views from anyone who has visited Buderim or lives there as to what it is like.Hoping to head out there this year.Have looked at the Buderim website and have done a search under Buderim on this site and have had some feed back from sydney the Dog who thinks its great but just need to know a little more and if anyone else has had first hand experience of the area.Good and bad comments all taken on board.
Thanks Dreamaway
Buderim was one of the nicer areas we visited on the sunshine coast. We didn't think much of SE Qld overall, but we did like Buderim & Noosa areas.
Old May 13th 2005, 2:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

ali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant future

Thanks Dreamaway
We just got back from a two week tour, madly trying to decide where to settle, I have fallen in love with the area around Buderim but would not live in Buderim itself (unless my husband gets his way because he loved it).

Some of the houses we looked at were in dips so lack breeze and this may be a problem when coping with the heat. Buderim is cheaper than the coast around it for buying homes but very close (5 mins drive once you pass under the main road). Apparently it has nice schools.
It struck me as a nice, homely, suburb in which to live, all this opinion comes from about 9 days in the area so I am probably not the best person!
The advice I have been given is to look into the work situation very seriously before heading to this area (Sunshine). What do you do for a living?

Good luck
Tra
Old May 13th 2005, 2:46 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Lot of people on the forum up that way or heading there - try this thread -

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=292674
Old May 13th 2005, 5:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ali south
We just got back from a two week tour, madly trying to decide where to settle, I have fallen in love with the area around Buderim but would not live in Buderim itself (unless my husband gets his way because he loved it).

Some of the houses we looked at were in dips so lack breeze and this may be a problem when coping with the heat. Buderim is cheaper than the coast around it for buying homes but very close (5 mins drive once you pass under the main road). Apparently it has nice schools.
It struck me as a nice, homely, suburb in which to live, all this opinion comes from about 9 days in the area so I am probably not the best person!
The advice I have been given is to look into the work situation very seriously before heading to this area (Sunshine). What do you do for a living?

Good luck
Tra
Hubby is a butcher by trade although will do anything at first.
Would be great to set up his own business local butchers shop we shall see.
Old May 13th 2005, 10:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

marysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nice

We have spent 2 very happy holidays staying with friends in Buderim and if it wasnt for needing to have my city slicker teenagers near to the city we would be living there
Really close to fab surf beaches
really good village (they could do with a butcher shop as the meat at Woolies was expensive and didnt look that good every time we went in )
nice coffee and cake shop
student night at the pub (( for the young ones !! )
lots of different style houses
and on and on
good luck with your research !
Mary
Old May 13th 2005, 10:27 pm
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute

We're in Buderim....but we've only been here a couple of weeks!!!! But so far so good. The kids 15,12 & 9 have settled well into school here. Buderim def has a nice villagey feel to it and we've found people to be really friendly...but then again we've found most people everywhere we've been to in Australia to be friendly!

When we've been here a bit longer and I have more to tell I'll let you know!
Old May 13th 2005, 10:46 pm
"Whats That In Pounds?"

PIXAU has a brilliant futurePIXAU has a brilliant futurePIXAU has a brilliant futurePIXAU has a brilliant futurePIXAU has a brilliant futurePIXAU has a brilliant futurePIXAU has a brilliant futurePIXAU has a brilliant future

Thanks Dreamaway
Lived in North Queensland (Bundaberg) for a while then moved down to The Sunshine Coast (Glass House Mountains). Always felt a bit isolated when living 'up North' and felt The Gold Coast was too 'touristy' hence moved to sunny coast and find it perfick