British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   BRYHER - Pls read (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/bryher-pls-read-108050/)

Smokey Aug 28th 2002 8:58 am

BRYHER - Pls read

hi bryher,

I'm a member of another group who has a helpful consultant bases in Akl. We've been discussing my own NVQ and he thought there should be a good chance of it being assessed positively. Gave him the NVQ website etc. i took the liberty of posting your experiences (and I really hope you don't mind too much) and this was his reply:-

Wrom: ZXUWLSZLKBRNVWWCUFPEGAUT
Date: Tue Aug 27, 2002 11:14 pm
Subject: Re: [NZ Connections] Harsh, For your info!

hi pmcmulenuk

i think this person should launch an appeal, he has a good chance of getting thru.

regards

harsh

I'm not saying 'use this chap' but I am saying look at the NZQA site and appeal.
please let me know what you decide and hope this helps.
best wishes, Pat.

Bryher Aug 29th 2002 6:56 pm

Re: BRYHER - Pls read

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Smokey:
hi bryher,

Hi smokey or is it pat?

Many thanks for your comments - yes I think I will appeal,
I just don't think the NZQA understand the NVQ's for some reason! The fact that they are work based and you don't physically go to college for 3 years seems to have them scratching their heads!

Will let you know how I get on appealing! - hope it does not cost me another £70!

Bryher.

Smokey Aug 30th 2002 8:13 am

Hi Bryher,

I'll be very interested to see what happens and how long it takes. I'm thinking I'll treat my app like an NVQ (should be good for a laugh)! I actually took my NVQ in 6 months so I have no idea what they'll think about that but from what I understand, a lot of things make them head scratch.
Can you tell me what you actually sent as I'm having a little trouble figuring out what to put in with mine?
Glad you didn't just disappear <g>
Regards,Pat.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Bryher:

Originally posted by Smokey:
hi bryher,

Hi smokey or is it pat?

Many thanks for your comments - yes I think I will appeal,
I just don't think the NZQA understand the NVQ's for some reason! The fact that they are work based and you don't physically go to college for 3 years seems to have them scratching their heads!

Will let you know how I get on appealing! - hope it does not cost me another £70!

Bryher.
:D

Smokey Aug 30th 2002 7:15 pm

Hi again,
just a quick post to let you know of some sites I've found today -
www.qca.org.uk
www.nvq-online.com

might help a bit.
regards,
Pat.

Originally posted by Smokey:
Hi Bryher,

I'll be very interested to see what happens and how long it takes. I'm thinking I'll treat my app like an NVQ (should be good for a laugh)! I actually took my NVQ in 6 months so I have no idea what they'll think about that but from what I understand, a lot of things make them head scratch.
Can you tell me what you actually sent as I'm having a little trouble figuring out what to put in with mine?
Glad you didn't just disappear <g>
Regards,Pat.

:D