British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Brummies Meet (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/brummies-meet-481488/)

posh10 Sep 16th 2007 2:04 pm

Brummies Meet

Hi all,

welcome to the in between meet before December.confusing eh. lol. I missed the last meet and thought maybe others had or new people just joining so have one in between.

like i said October 26th weekend or weekend before 20th. whichever best for people. let me know. looking at places for kids too play so wacky's. any ideas appreciated. areas are great barr, pype hays, tamworth and kiddiminster so far. Or we can meet in the evening and no kids. whichever people find easier.
:D

The bethel

gaynor-andy Sep 16th 2007 3:25 pm

Re: Brummies Meet

Hi, will let you know which date will be better once i have consulted with everyone, we will probably be able to do either, with kids would be better for us as wew would struggle for a baby sitter. I think there is a pub with a wacky at minworth, not sure what it is called. Have you been to Aus before? We haven't, we are waiting for our visas, we will then go to Adelaide for 5 weeks to help decide where we are going to live. We will then come back, sell the house etc and then move. I dont know whether we should cut the costs, try and sell now, before the visas then we would be ready to go. How about you?

Gaynor

posh10 Sep 16th 2007 7:31 pm

Kids better for me too. then they can play and get to know one another and if we end up nearby then its a bonus. yes been to Oz went in 2000. friends in sydney but they have come to england for 2 years for kids to have grandparents time and bonding. also in port macquarie. Its lovely there. !!!!!:wub: we travelled the east coast. Though never victoria.

My friend lives in mournington nr melbourne she is apllying for residency adores it. says best thing she ever did especially for the kids, and my other friend went last week. Her visa took 12 months start to finish. She says its gr8 too.

We plan to sell house and just go for it. either way we want residency so will be there for at least four years anyway so the sooner the better. We plan to go as soon as visa granted.

The sooner the better. :cool:

The bethels

scooterdan Sep 17th 2007 9:24 am

Hey!

We are in Tamworth, dont think there is any wacky pubs in Tamworth! We would meet anywhere really....evening is better...will try and make the days if we can!

The 26th October is better for us....in Wales on the 20th!

Let us know when and where and there we will be!

Dan and Steph

sunny somers Sep 17th 2007 11:01 am

hello all, count us in, although can't do 26th Oct :thumbdown: can do 20th:thumbsup: don't mind where, anywheres local to the midlands.
kate

gaynor-andy Sep 17th 2007 1:13 pm

Hi, Just realised that week is the school holidays. I think we may be going to Devon. I will see what i can do. I will let you know. Was your friend from Birmingham, who has gone to Aus, if so where did they have to go for there medicals?

Gaynor

posh10 Sep 18th 2007 6:39 pm

Hi all,

Maybe we should try an earlier date. what about weekend of 13th and 14th. i think sundays is probably the best day so poss 14th.

My friend went to Handsworth Medical Centre. Thats where i'm going. :)

Diane, Mic N Seamus

scooterdan Sep 18th 2007 8:13 pm

Hey!

Can do that weekend....! We too had meds at Handsworth Wood...they were great!

Let us know the rest of the details when they are sorted!

Dan and Steph

gaynor-andy Sep 19th 2007 11:50 am

Hi , yes those dates would be better for us, let us know which date. Handsworth, thats not to far to go. how do you get the contact number? What sort of costs are involved? How long do they take? what happens then, do they send the results, or do they give you them to post. Sorry for the questions i have not got a clue. We are thinking of front loading them in a couple of months to save a bit of time as we have been told seven months for a case officer and thats with having a job in demand.

Speak soon Gaynor

sunny somers Sep 19th 2007 12:29 pm

We can make those dates, have we got a place yet?
kate

Lindsayc Sep 22nd 2007 4:03 pm

Hi,

I spoke to you on the Bromsgrove/Worcestershire meet-up thread. We are living in Kidderminster - there are 4 of us me, my partner Matt and the two kids. We can make both 20th and 26th - a place with a wacky would be good to entertain the children. It would be great to meet up with some other people. :)

Lindsay

posh10 Sep 22nd 2007 8:10 pm

Hi all,

how bout sunday 14th oct. where was the wacky in minworth ?? what time are we looking at . suggestions please. maybe 3ish. kids would have eaten and will play.

The bethels.

been told to get meds & pc's done next month !!

:lol:

gaynor-andy Sep 23rd 2007 1:57 pm

Originally Posted by posh10 (Post 5342615)
Hi all,

how bout sunday 14th oct. where was the wacky in minworth ?? what time are we looking at . suggestions please. maybe 3ish. kids would have eaten and will play.

The bethels.

been told to get meds & pc's done next month !!

:lol:

Hi, The wacky/pub is the Hare and hounds at minworth, which is on the Kingsbury Road, minworth. Off the big island by Asda. We are looking at Sunday 14th at 3.00pm. Everyone welcome who can get there in and aound the est midlands, please reply back so we have an idea of numbers attending.

The Freeths (Gaynor)

sunny somers Sep 24th 2007 12:58 pm

hi Gaynor,
We hope to make it, Kate, Mark, Jack and Scott. place and time sounds great:thumbsup: I can have a mooch in that big asda beforehand:rofl:
kate

gaynor-andy Sep 24th 2007 2:02 pm

Hi Kate, thats great, hopefully we will have a few or maybe a lot more!

Gaynor

scooterdan Sep 24th 2007 4:49 pm

Hey!

We will make that date....that not a bad pub really.... im sure its one of those 2 for 1 pubs as well!

Dan and Steph

Sandon Sep 24th 2007 5:56 pm

Originally Posted by scooterdan (Post 5349336)
Hey!

We will make that date....that not a bad pub really.... im sure its one of those 2 for 1 pubs as well!

Dan and Steph

If it's OK please could you count us in too! Sarah and Marc we are heading to the Gold Coast hopefully end of Oct/ early Nov.

Ta

posh10 Sep 24th 2007 6:19 pm

Hi Kate / Gaynor

well all sounds gr8. Lets make it official

Date 14th October Place Hare & Hounds (Wacky) in minworth. Time 3pm.
Shall we all wear a carnation lol. Something so we know who is with us. Maybe if we take a Ozzy item ie kangaroo or koala or flag. :D

The Bethels (Diane)

gaynor-andy Sep 24th 2007 8:31 pm

Hi all, we are getting a few names attending now. Keep them coming in. As for identification how about turning up as Rolf Harris look alikes lol, only joking maybe something Australian, the kangaroo or koala sound good.

Gaynor & Andy

sunny somers Sep 25th 2007 11:38 am

hi Diane,
we have an aussie flag, will put that on a table. look forward to meeting you all.
kate

posh10 Sep 25th 2007 7:16 pm

Gr8.

Aussie flag it is. There we go then all attending head for the Aussie Fla on the table, with all the kids . lol. Look forwarding to meeting you all. Any head for melbourne ??

Diane:)

sunny somers Oct 4th 2007 7:31 pm

hopefully, we may have news of TRA by then, fingers crossed it will be something to celebrate :thumbsup:
kate

posh10 Oct 6th 2007 5:45 pm

Hi

sorry might sound think here but is the TRA the same as TRN ?? all these abreviations confuse me :confused: :lol:

Ive been on the immi .gov site and checked my TRN it says processing commenced.

Diane xx

gaynor-andy Oct 7th 2007 3:14 pm

Hi all , just checking is everyone still o.k for next Sunday at the wacky (Hare and Hounds) I think it was for about 3.00pm

Gaynor

posh10 Oct 7th 2007 3:43 pm

Hi Gaynor,

Yes we are still okay for next weekend. Looking forward to it.

Diane & Mic (The Bethels):thumbsup:

gaynor-andy Oct 7th 2007 3:51 pm

Hi di, thats great we will see you there. Hopefully we will have some more reply.

Gaynor

gaynor-andy Oct 7th 2007 3:55 pm

Hi Di, we will see you there. Hopefully we will have some more reply.

Gaynor

See you soon

posh10 Oct 10th 2007 7:50 pm

Well

the immi government have take the money out of our account for the visa !!!

just had to tell someone got all exited.

Diane::thumbup:

Lindsayc Oct 11th 2007 10:46 am

Hi

Unfortunately we're not going to be able to make it on Sunday as something has cropped up. We'd be happy if you could let us know of any future dates.

Many Thanks:)

Lindsay, Matt, Will & Henry

posh10 Oct 11th 2007 7:06 pm

Hi
shame you cant make it sunday:(,will keep you posted of future meets. :thumbup:
Diane

scooterdan Oct 12th 2007 4:45 am

Hey!

Lookin forward to the meet on Sunday...! I'll wear me wallabies shirt...no takin the P**s though seeing as we did knock them out the rugby!

Dan and Steph

gaynor-andy Oct 12th 2007 9:48 pm

Hi, we look forward to meeting you. I see you have your visa granted, congratatulations. When did you send your visa app in? You probably got in just before the rush. I wish we were at that stage, it seems to take forever. When are you going to Aus?

Gaynor and Andy

scooterdan Oct 13th 2007 5:04 am

Hey!

We sent Visa app in March 07....! Hoping to be in Oz April 08!

Cant wait....see you all sunday!

Dan and Steph

jodakin Oct 13th 2007 12:35 pm

Hi,

Have only just noticed that you have a meet planned. Unfortunately we can't make it but would love to come if any planned in the future?

Have fun.:)

posh10 Oct 14th 2007 11:19 am

Hi all,

Shame for everyone can't attend today but u are always welcome to our other meets. Just keep this thread in your profile. Anyone is welcome . so will keep u all posted of any new ones arranged.

Well everyone looking forward to seenin u all in a few hours time,. Was just checking site to see if any problems for people.

Well see u all there !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbsup:

Diane & Mic.

sunny somers Oct 14th 2007 5:46 pm

hi Dianne,
sorry didn't make the meet today, my 1 yr old has diahorrea, he stinks. hope you all had fun, will definately make the next meet.
kate

posh10 Oct 14th 2007 7:54 pm

Hi Kate,

sorry to hear about your son :(,

we were all wondering where u were with the flag :eek:. We had visions of u in the wrong pub waiting. :ohmy:

Well we had a good meet, apparently there is a bromsgrove meet 4th nov Dan said. we were planning going to that too. maybe see you there as its only few weeks, but we all said we would def meet again.

I'm not saying a word bout Dans shirt. ;)

Diane :thumbup:

scooterdan Oct 14th 2007 8:06 pm

hey hey!

I dunno what you talkin bout....what shirt?!?!

Great meetin you all...had a good laugh! Nice talkin to like minded people!

The meet is a Poms in Adelaide meet at The Marlbrook (toby carvery i think) at 4th Nov at 2pm!

Dan and Steph

sunny somers Oct 15th 2007 1:39 pm

4th nov that's not too far away will see if we can make that it would be great to meet you, dan you must wear the famous shirt. little one getting better now thanks, he is milk and soya intolerant, and he pinched some of his brothers doughnut the other day which gives him severe runs for 3/4 days not nice, hey ho look forward to meeting you all on the 4th.
kate

posh10 Oct 15th 2007 5:56 pm

Hi all,

even though off to melbourne will prob stil come as you never know might end up in adi !!!! yes def wear the shirt. we will know in right place. cheers found the poms in melbourne site.

glad little one feeling bit better kate my niece similar . little monkies. shame though as so many nice things they cant have. where you heading kate ?

Diane