Wikiposts

Brownies

Old Mar 22nd 2004, 10:39 am
Forum Regular

petafray will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by dmf
If any of you have sons in the Scouts, on arrival here in Oz they can automatically join the Scout group as the Scouts have a rule that once a scout always a scout no matter where you are. Our son is about to join after Easter (there is a 6 month waiting list roughly and he jumps to the top of the queue) - they said there was no point starting straight away as there is a 2 week break coming up.

Our daughter was a Rainbow in the UK but the ruling is not the same as the Scouts so she has to go on a waiting list.

Dawn
If you can let me know what unit she is looking to join I will see if there is anything I can do. Also how old is your daughter. In Guides Queensland we tend not to have waiting lists so I would be really interested to know which unit does.
Peta Fray
Old Mar 22nd 2004, 10:44 am
Forum Regular

petafray will become famous soon enough
Default Re: brownies

Originally posted by karen p
My daughter has just enrolled into the 4th Burbage Brownies
with her promise ceremony. The leader is Diana Grieve, do you
know her?

We are hoping to end up in the Bayside area (around the
Birkdale/Cleveland/Ormiston area) and it would be great if you
could let us know of any groups in that area.

Any thing that will help my daughter settle and make friends
is welcome.

Thanks Karen.
I have put a call into the district Leader to get a list of brownie units in the area and she should call me back today so I will send you a PM with the list.
Peta
Old Mar 22nd 2004, 10:46 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Brownies

Enoch Powell was a controversial sole but at least he gave us the scouts
Old Mar 22nd 2004, 10:46 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by petafray
If you can let me know what unit she is looking to join I will see if there is anything I can do. Also how old is your daughter. In Guides Queensland we tend not to have waiting lists so I would be really interested to know which unit does.
Peta Fray
I was wondering the same thing about the scouts, when I asked about joining Wynnum group I wasnt told there was a waiting list? Does anyone know if that is the norm?
Old Mar 22nd 2004, 11:16 am
ABCDiamond

Originally posted by Bix
Enoch Powell was a controversial sole but at least he gave us the scouts
I assume you are jesting

Baden-Powell (1857 - 1941)

Baron Robert Stephenson Smyth Baden-Powell was a British general and the founder of the Boy Scout movement.

He was born in London, England, UK. After studying at Charterhouse he joined the army in 1876, served in India and Afghanistan, and won fame during the Boer War as the defender of Mafeking (1899-1900).

He is best known as the founder in 1908 of the Boy Scouts and in 1910, with his sister Agnes (1858-1945), of the Girl Guides. He published Scouting for Boys in 1908, founded the Wolf Cubs in 1916, and was acclaimed world chief scout in 1920

Old Mar 23rd 2004, 3:43 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by ABCDiamond
I assume you are jesting
Indeed I was ABC.
But do you think they were related ?