Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Brothers Wedding or Oz?

Brothers Wedding or Oz?

Old Nov 17th 2005, 4:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

manxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond repute
Default Brothers Wedding or Oz?

We leave for sunny Oz in July next year, flights not booked yet, but medicals and police checks timed to perfection to tie in with daughter finishing her GSCEs and the old 12 month validation rule.

Now the tricky part, my brother has decided to get married and they have just set a date for an August wedding!! Now that is a dilemma for somebody, but if my validation date is set in July, then that is when I am going.

Not really expecting answers from anyone on what to do here, its in the hands of DIMIA.
Maybe somebody of put down their similar experiences if any.

I shall keep you posted on any developments.
Old Nov 17th 2005, 4:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Brothers Wedding or Oz?

OZ!
lol

Yeah! OZ! You heard lol
lace x
Old Nov 17th 2005, 4:34 pm
Happy Member

kris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond repute

Hurahh its not just me!!
My best friend has booked her wedding for July and wanted the kids to be bridesmaids I have been in such a state about what to do, we were hoping to get visas around April time and go soon after!
As it stands now our house will go on the market in January in the hope it sells in time for us to leave in April time!
If its delayed we will obviously still be here for wedding have spent weeks dreding telling her but it was all ok in the end she was quite understanding and is planning wedding without the kids but if we are still here will just go out and get there dresses quick!!
So its in the hands of fete now!!

Dont think that helps much !! sorry just a releif to see someone else in similar situation!

kris xx
Old Nov 17th 2005, 4:50 pm
Craig & Sarah

bigjugs is just really nicebigjugs is just really nicebigjugs is just really nicebigjugs is just really nicebigjugs is just really nicebigjugs is just really nicebigjugs is just really nicebigjugs is just really nicebigjugs is just really nicebigjugs is just really nicebigjugs is just really nice

Originally Posted by manxfamily
We leave for sunny Oz in July next year, flights not booked yet, but medicals and police checks timed to perfection to tie in with daughter finishing her GSCEs and the old 12 month validation rule.

Now the tricky part, my brother has decided to get married and they have just set a date for an August wedding!! Now that is a dilemma for somebody, but if my validation date is set in July, then that is when I am going.

Not really expecting answers from anyone on what to do here, its in the hands of DIMIA.

Family!!!
They never show any consideration to others
I,m best man at my mates wedding in June so we are hoping to fly out the week after. Its a shame you can't put yours back a month
Good luck with whatever you decide
Old Nov 17th 2005, 5:49 pm
In my own little world!

belleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to behold

Hi, my brother decided him and his fiance were going to get married in September next year, we had planned to go in the August but figured, what's another month, so that was fine and she want the kids to be a part of it, now they have decided it will be the following may so now we are not so sure, and it's his second wedding so all we can do is offer him a honeymoon in oz, cos we couldn't afford to come back after such a short time. It's not ideal but they know our situation and have accepted we might not be there for the big day.
Old Nov 17th 2005, 6:06 pm
Aussie Citizen

Location: Iz Tralia (as said by my 3-yr-old son)... and LOVING it..!!
Rogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to all

Hey Guys... count me in as well..!!

I had a long heart-to-heart with my Brother just four months ago... told him that we desperately wanted to be at his wedding, but since we're heading down-under in February, we would be very unlikely to make it back within the first year... he said it's not a problem because they can't afford to get wed yet - it will be at least two years...

I tell him that if there's any possibility of it being within the next year, then please let me pay for the wedding and book it before February (bear in mind this was back in July, so plenty of time) because, offset against the time and money involved in coming back, I'd rather pay for his wedding..!! He is grateful for the offer but assures me that it is definitely at least two years away.

A few weeks ago, I get an excited phone call from his fiance: "keep the 15th of April next year free...!!!" WHAT..?? You can imagine how hard it has been to be excited for them, without letting their big day be tainted by us telling them how they've made us feel..!!

It turns out my Bro finally gave in to the nagging and said, "go and book it then" without checking the date... so she did..!!

Oh well... at least it's not only us... there's some kind of weird consolation in that..!!

All the best,
Rogue.
Old Nov 17th 2005, 6:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

ladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond repute

If it were me I would wait and go to the wedding. Speaking from experience its horrible being so far away when family events are going on back home. If your anything like me you will feel a million miles away and thoroughly left out.