brookdale wa.

Old Nov 7th 2003, 7:54 pm
Forum Regular

teresa31 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default brookdale wa.

hi i have just been looking through the suburbs around perth on aussie move and it said DON'T move here (brookdale)as there is a big chemical plant nearby and lots of kids are getting sick.
maybe i'd better wait untill i get there before deciding whereabouts to live. i'm damned sure no estate agent would tell you that bit of info .
teresa
Old Nov 8th 2003, 1:53 am
Good to be back in UK

Jirrupin is an unknown quantity at this point

A link for those concerned about the lead poisoning

http://www.health.wa.gov.au/brookdale/

Brookfield is a suburb nect to the city of Armadale which is situated about 30 mins from Perth.

Other surrounding suburbs include: Forrestdale, Seville Grove, MT Nasura, Mount Richon.

I think it is worthwhile researching lots of different areas when you get here, especially if you have never been here before. I woudn't rely on estate agents or even other peoples opinions, as we all have different needs and outlooks.
Old Nov 8th 2003, 3:16 pm
Forum Regular

teresa31 is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks for that jirrupin,
you are right that i will not know until i get there,big debate going on over here on the news at the moment about linking cancers with telephone antenna,very worrying but then again i think that unless i am going to live in alice springs ,then i am not going to get away from outside pollution anyway.
thanks once again teresa.

Originally posted by Jirrupin
A link for those concerned about the lead poisoning

http://www.health.wa.gov.au/brookdale/

Brookfield is a suburb nect to the city of Armadale which is situated about 30 mins from Perth.

Other surrounding suburbs include: Forrestdale, Seville Grove, MT Nasura, Mount Richon.

I think it is worthwhile researching lots of different areas when you get here, especially if you have never been here before. I woudn't rely on estate agents or even other peoples opinions, as we all have different needs and outlooks.
Old Nov 8th 2003, 3:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

dibrucewillis is an unknown quantity at this point

When I mentioned Armadale to my brother in law(who has lived in Perth for 6yrs) he said to avoid at all costs.

I notice that Brookdale is not too far from armadale.
I have also noticed that property prices in these areas are a lot cheaper so I suppose that says something.

Anybody else know of any areas best to avoid in WA

Diane
Old Nov 8th 2003, 4:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

claireg3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Di,

have a list somewhere that has been amassed from a few sources. Will email it to you when I find it.

Speak to you soon

Claire
Old Nov 8th 2003, 5:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

dibrucewillis is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Claire

You amaze me as to how organised you are and how much info you have acquired in such a short space of time

Speak soon
Diane

Originally posted by claireg3
Di,

have a list somewhere that has been amassed from a few sources. Will email it to you when I find it.

Speak to you soon

Claire
Old Nov 9th 2003, 1:05 pm
Good to be back in UK

Jirrupin is an unknown quantity at this point

Di,

Speak to you soon

Claire
It might be useful to post your list on the forum, for others who might be unaware of that information
Old Nov 9th 2003, 6:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

claireg3 is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't want to offend anyone who may live in those areas
Old Nov 9th 2003, 10:57 pm
owieb

I don't want to offend anyone who may live in those areas
It will be cool to post it. If people do live in those areas then they can always say that it isn't really that bad.

Old Nov 9th 2003, 11:14 pm
home again, home again

janeyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud of

Originally posted by dibrucewillis
When I mentioned Armadale to my brother in law(who has lived in Perth for 6yrs) he said to avoid at all costs.

Diane

Armadale is a large suburb South of the river. KNow one I know lives there but from what I've seen it is a normal 'working class' area of Perth. For anyone that is coming here and is looking for a cheap place to live in a suburb that has everything then I certainly wouldn't dismiss Armadale. you can still buy a large 4 x 2 property with a pool for under $200,000, there is nothing like this North of the river and there are worse places than Armadale.

Places like: Westminster - Balga - Koondoola
Locally known as the 'K.G.B' !!!!

No offence to anyone who may live there as everyones choice is their own,
Old Nov 9th 2003, 11:39 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by dibrucewillis

I notice that Brookdale is not too far from armadale.
I have also noticed that property prices in these areas are a lot cheaper so I suppose that says something.

Anybody else know of any areas best to avoid in WA

Diane
My mate in Armadale, he describes the people there as "feral"
Old Nov 9th 2003, 11:49 pm
home again, home again

janeyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud of

Originally posted by renth
LOL
Old Nov 9th 2003, 11:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by renth
I love that word, "feral" how well does it sum up a certain type here.
:scared:
Old Nov 9th 2003, 11:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by dotty
I love that word, "feral" how well does it sum up a certain type here.
:scared:
Oh yeah whats all this on the news about Scarborough, something police raids on drinking and hoons then 2 women start a punch up and it turns into some huge riot??? Not another expat girls night out I hope
Old Nov 10th 2003, 12:01 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by dotty
Oh yeah whats all this on the news about Scarborough, something police raids on drinking and hoons then 2 women start a punch up and it turns into some huge riot??? Not another expat girls night out I hope
I saw that on the news. A policeman is shown getting hit on the head by a bottle. Not nice.

It's pretty typical in Perth though, large groups of drunk yobbos getting out of hand in the summer.

There was another incident where a private party got out of hand too with loads of gatecrashers turning up and starting a riot. This too is a weekly event here.

Each morning my bus goes past the park at Mullalloo. It's a lovely park but on Monday mornings you can hardly see the grass for the empty bottles and cans.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.