British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Bromsgrove/Worcestershire meet (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/bromsgrove-worcestershire-meet-474999/)

gaynor-andy Sep 7th 2007 2:47 pm

Re: Bromsgrove/Worcestershire meet

Hi we would love to meet up with everyone, if thats o.k. We not sure whether we will be able to make Sunday, if not we will look out for the next meet up. There are nine of us. Five from Birmingham, Gaynor 40, Andy 40, James 15, Callum 9 and Lauren 4 in three weeks, and four from Droitwich. Martin, Jacqueline, Josh 2 and Olwen ( mother in law ). We have passed our TRA X 2 We lodged our applications on 24th August. We are hoping to go to Aidelaide. We will first visit and validate our visa, then move at a later date once house etc is sold. Hope to speak soon.

Gaynor

lolylew Sep 8th 2007 5:18 pm

hi,
look forward to meeting everyone tomorrow - not sure how busy the pub will be, will try & get there early to put ozzy flags on the table - (but am slightly renowned for being a little late. if i'm not there try and look australian :eek:)
we're doing our second car boot in the mornig - starting to get rid of the junk we have to make the move easier when the time comes! (scary thing is we've still not got onto the better stuff yet, all rubbish, but people buy it?)

lisa
:thumbup:

lolylew Sep 10th 2007 11:04 am

hi everyone :D

great to see you all yesterday :eek:
matthewlowe suggested doing another one nearer christmas - probably beg of december - anyone up for it :thumbsup:
we can start a new thread off, nearer the time - probably beg of november?

(hopefully by then we may have a few acknowledgements?!)

good luck to jo & mark flying soon (lucky so & so's!)

lisa
:thumbup:

gaynor-andy Sep 10th 2007 12:53 pm

Hi, We tried, but were unable to make it yesterday. Hopefully we will be able to attend the next one. We will look out for the date.

Gaynor, Andy, James, Callum, Lauren (Birmingham)
Olwen, Jacqueline, Martin and Josh ( Droitwich)

toan Sep 10th 2007 7:42 pm

Hi All,

Nice to have met you all see you next time

December good for us
Thanks
Tony & Allison

mark and jo Sep 11th 2007 4:55 am

Hi everyone, great to have met alot of you at the two events (thanks for organising Lisa :D)

If anyone's heading for Queensland, please do drop us a line via the forum if we can help you with anything and we'll be happy to try

All the best with your Ozzy plans :thumbsup:

Mark, Jo, Fin and Ted xx

posh10 Sep 11th 2007 9:17 pm

hi all,

just looked at this thread and unfortunately missed the meet. We Are Diane Mic and seamus live in great barr birmingham and planning to move to melbourne . cant wait !!!!!!!!!! any chance we could attend the next meet or even meet up with anyone local sooner than december.

Di, Mic Seamus

:thumbsup:

lolylew Sep 11th 2007 10:18 pm

Originally Posted by posh10 (Post 5299851)
hi all,

just looked at this thread and unfortunately missed the meet. We Are Diane Mic and seamus live in great barr birmingham and planning to move to melbourne . cant wait !!!!!!!!!! any chance we could attend the next meet or even meet up with anyone local sooner than december.

Di, Mic Seamus

hi,
i bet theres people up for it - try starting a new topic, thats what i did.
i think most people on here are up for a chin wag about oz - normal people dont want to listen to us go on & on & on about it :eek:

i'm sure there'll be takers :thumbup:
if not i'll post an email on this thread nearer the time for the december one.

good luck!
lisa

gaynor-andy Sep 13th 2007 3:41 pm

Originally Posted by posh10 (Post 5299851)
hi all,

Di, Mic Seamus

Hi yes we missed it to, we hope to attend the next one unless there is anything earlier, just noticed you mentioned Great Barr. We are not far from Great barr, we live in pype Hayes. When are you planning to move to Melbourne? How far have you got with your visa? We are waiting for our case officer. We are going to Adelaide, not sure what part yet, i suppose that will sort it self out at a later date. Hope to hear from you Gaynor, Andy, James Callum and Lauren

posh10 Sep 13th 2007 5:30 pm

Originally Posted by gaynor-andy (Post 5307275)
Hi yes we missed it to, we hope to attend the next one unless there is anything earlier, just noticed you mentioned Great Barr. We are not far from Great barr, we live in pype Hayes. When are you planning to move to Melbourne? How far have you got with your visa? We are waiting for our case officer. We are going to Adelaide, not sure what part yet, i suppose that will sort it self out at a later date. Hope to hear from you Gaynor, Andy, James Callum and Lauren

Hi Gaynor & family,

just round the corner pype hayes. just lodged. waiting game now unfortunately. maybe we could meet up sooner. I'm sure there are a few more on here who are birmingham . Di mic seamus

gaynor-andy Sep 14th 2007 1:24 pm

Hi Di, and family. if there is a meet up in Birmingham we will do our best to attend. There are nine of us, my husband, myself, children, James 15, Callum 9 and Lauren almost 4. Mother inlaw, sister inlaw, brother inlaw and nephew 2, they live in Droitwich. Both my husband and brother inlaw passed TRA within a few days of each other. Heard from our agent we are looking at approx 7 months for a case officer. It seems all we do is alot of waiting. I suppose on the positive side we will get there eventually.

Gaynor

Are there any more from Bimingham waiting on visas????

Lindsayc Sep 16th 2007 11:08 am

We are currently living in Kidderminster and waiting for our skilled independent visa lodged 17/8/07. There are four of us - me, my partner Matt and our two sons - 3 years and 4 months. We are hoping that our visa will arrive earlier than we hope as Matt is a Quantity Surveyor which is on the skills shortage list and we have heard that because of this it may come a little bit quicker - fingers crossed.

Hopefully you sorted your Birmingham meet-up out? We attended the Bromsgrove/Worcestershire meet that Lisa kindly arranged. Lisa said that she would post a thread nearer to Christmas to arrange another meet for whoever is interested. However, if you are arranging a Birmingham meet-up we would be happy to come along and meet up with you.:D

All the best to you all:thumbsup:

posh10 Sep 16th 2007 1:56 pm

Thats gr8. well had a few responses so looking at October 26th weekend. poss the sunday and a place with a wacky for the kids to play. what people think. or an evening for the adults. let me know your ideas. will put this on a new thread 'Brummies Meet' :thumbsup:

The bethels.

Lindsayc Sep 18th 2007 8:03 pm

We would be able to make the weekend of the 26th - the Sunday would be better for us. A place with a kids play area would be good otherwise our 3 year old may run riot!!! We would find it hard to make an evening as we have trouble finding babysitters (not because he runs riot, I may add!!). :lol:

helen roberts Sep 24th 2007 7:15 pm

Originally Posted by lolylew (Post 5205708)
Hi

i have started a new thread, as we have hijaked the staffordshire/midlands thread :o
hope you all find this ok :confused:

just incase your new to this thread we were thinking of meeting at brewsters pub in bromsgrove as it has a ball pit & ps2's for the kids.

we were thinking of over a weekend with the other halves & kids or in the week mums & kids.

i'm happy to do both
how about:

1) MUMS & KIDS - THIS WEDNESDAY 22ND OR FOLLOWING WED 29TH @ 1.30PM?
2) EVERYONE - 8TH OR 9TH SEPTEMBER?

what are your thoughts?

lisa
x
:eek:

Hi Lisa

Only just found this thread but love the idea of meeting up with other people planning to do the same thing! Am in Redditch but would love to meet up when the next one happens.

Thanks Helen