Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

The Broken Australian Dream

Wikiposts

The Broken Australian Dream

Old Oct 15th 2003, 10:12 am
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future

Thanx for answering my question guys..

I am currently living in NZ and my GP here has said he will prescribe me 3mths supply to tide me over. Hopefully things will pan out after that!

Yes Markeh thats me...
Old Oct 15th 2003, 12:08 pm
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Broken Australian Dream

Originally posted by MrsDagboy

As for migrants original post, he/she had to pay for public schooling? Me thinks maybe his/her grasp of english isnt the best, perhaps he/she has the public/state thing mixed up .
The grasp of english is fine in this post - you pay for public schooling in NSW when on a temp 457 employer sponsored and 457 ie. It is around 4500K per child per year depending on which year you are in school. I know I paid the bloody fees - and the buggers did not let my daughter into school until it was paid

she did not mind at the time .

Cheers
Old Oct 15th 2003, 2:38 pm
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Sandra
The grasp of english is fine in this post - you pay for public schooling in NSW when on a temp 457 employer sponsored and 457 ie. It is around 4500K per child per year depending on which year you are in school. I know I paid the bloody fees - and the buggers did not let my daughter into school until it was paid

she did not mind at the time .

Cheers
Seriously Sandra? A state school charged you $4500 for your child to go to school? Bloody hell, if I were paying that much I would be sending them to a private school & paying the difference, if there was one. Thats just ridiculous, we have very good (probably in the top 10 in Brisbane) private schools up here that charge alot less than that & they are private!

The more I see of your posts the more I think you are in the wrong state !! :scared:
Old Oct 15th 2003, 2:49 pm
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

Just a bit off the subject... but what has happened to "onlyme" .. the original thread says started by him.. this is an old thread.
I'm just wondering what has happened to him, an old poster here.

Last time he was on here he was applying for PR within Aus I see to recall.

Just a bolt from the past.. and was wondering where he is now.

P. S You'll notice the first replies are 2002 (including my own) .. the original poster was OnlyMe.... just wondering where He is now..

Last edited by Ceri; Oct 15th 2003 at 2:53 pm.
Old Oct 15th 2003, 2:58 pm
I like kittens.

downunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to behold

Well, he's only posted twice in 12 months, but considering the way he was whinging maybe that's a blessing?
Old Oct 15th 2003, 3:05 pm
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Ceri
Just a bit off the subject... but what has happened to "onlyme" .. the original thread says started by him.. this is an old thread.
I'm just wondering what has happened to him, an old poster here.

Last time he was on here he was applying for PR within Aus I see to recall.

Just a bolt from the past.. and was wondering where he is now.

P. S You'll notice the first replies are 2002 (including my own) .. the original poster was OnlyMe.... just wondering where He is now..
Ceri - Saw he had a post in a while ago looking at housing costs in Canberra! He was living in Sydney on a 457 changing to a PR at some point so I take it it went well. Like you wish people would drop in time to time for an update - nosy me!

Hi Mrs Dagboy - yes 4500 per child per year - and yes we still had to pay all the extra costs for books etc on top. The private schools we checked out were around the 9K+ per annum and that was basic. There are relgious affliated schools like the catholic associated ones that are more reasonable but that would not be our choice and in some cases not necessarily better schooling than the state schools we have chosen.

I might be the wrong state - agree, Sydney can get you down with constant paying out including house prices and therefore mortgages. On the plus side incomes are on average higher and more plentiful especially in the IT field I am in. I am a city girl at heart.

Cheers
Old Oct 15th 2003, 3:07 pm
Gone Senile Member

Originally posted by downunderpom
Well, he's only posted twice in 12 months, but considering the way he was whinging maybe that's a blessing?
You have them mixed up - the post you are complaining about is Migrant 2000 - not onlyme!

Cheers
Old Oct 15th 2003, 3:08 pm
I like kittens.

downunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to behold

Oops! Sorry all.
Old Oct 15th 2003, 3:11 pm
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

You have them mixed up - the post you are complaining about is Migrant 2000 - not onlyme!

Cheers

True.. I was wondering about that "whinging" post.

Onlyme was one of the old posters, and to my knowledge posted some great stuff here.

I'm nosy too
Old Oct 15th 2003, 5:35 pm
I like kittens.

Cheers
I've figured out why I got confused - onlyme is listed as the thread starter on the entry page.
Old Oct 15th 2003, 7:02 pm
WBB

Originally posted by bondipom
Yet again WBB you are raising the standard of the debate and adding so much useful information.

bondi as i said before you have posted 1335 posts in a couple of weeks i would expect to have to cut through the crap, but your posts are 99% crap.

Old Oct 15th 2003, 7:04 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by welshboybilly
bondi as i said before you have posted 1335 posts in a couple of weeks i would expect to have to cut through the crap, but your posts are 99% crap.
Old Oct 15th 2003, 7:04 pm
WBB

oh god are you still up, i suppose you will be going to bed soon.....thank god.

Old Oct 15th 2003, 7:13 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by welshboybilly
oh god are you still up, i suppose you will be going to bed soon.....thank god.

WBB this is a thread about what people have to pay for health care and education. What experience of Medicare and paying for education in Australia do you have and how do you wish to advance the thread.

I notice from your reply to the flanno thread that you are getting hostile to me which is fine. At least try to do so with some of the finesse and humour of Ceri.
Old Oct 15th 2003, 7:19 pm
WBB

WBB this is a thread about what people have to pay for health care and education. What experience of Medicare and paying for education in Australia do you have and how do you wish to advance the thread.

I notice from your reply to the flanno thread that you are getting hostile to me which is fine. At least try to do so with some of the finesse and humour of Ceri.

not hostile, i just dont like you.:lecture:

as for medicare, never used it but i have paid for medicine several times while in oz.

now do us here in the u.k a favour and GO TO BED

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.