Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

broadband techy question

broadband techy question

Old Nov 9th 2005, 10:23 am
Banned

pompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the rough
Default broadband techy question

Does anyone else use newsgroups?
I use a newsreader to download music etc but since getting broadband here in Aus I cant log on.
It worked fine in Singapore while I was in the hotel but not here.
Is it to do with my new modem/router or could it be ISP related?
Old Nov 9th 2005, 10:25 am
Don't use It's green card

baconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: broadband techy question

Originally Posted by pompeywill
I use a newsreader to download music etc but since getting broadband here in Aus I cant log on.

posssibly
Old Nov 9th 2005, 10:31 am
BE Enthusiast

charlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of light

sorry don't know anything about tec stuff . now shouting IT'S IS COLD IN PORTSMOUTH TODAY THOUGHT YOU WOULD LIKE TO KNOW . sorry for shouting just a bit jealous what is the weather like , and how are you getting on sorry being noise cos interested cos we still live here at the mo just waiting to see if they will have us , CB
Old Nov 9th 2005, 10:38 am
Banned

pompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by charlie brown
sorry don't know anything about tec stuff . now shouting IT'S IS COLD IN PORTSMOUTH TODAY THOUGHT YOU WOULD LIKE TO KNOW . sorry for shouting just a bit jealous what is the weather like , and how are you getting on sorry being noise cos interested cos we still live here at the mo just waiting to see if they will have us , CB
The weather for poms is perfect at the moment, its about 23 -24 degrees with a gentle breeze during the day and its really cool at night

Hows the roadworks on Copnor bridge doing? Have they started the diversions yet? ha ha
Old Nov 9th 2005, 10:39 am
BE Enthusiast

eintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to all

Can you be a little more specific when you say "I can't log on". Might help in the diagnosis of the problem.
Old Nov 9th 2005, 10:44 am
BE Enthusiast

charlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of light

The weather for poms is perfect at the moment, its about 23 -24 degrees with a gentle breeze during the day and its really cool at night

Hows the roadworks on Copnor bridge doing? Have they started the diversions yet? ha ha
yep it's a mess it takes ages to get any where , and they have opened the big white expensive wast off space now , and on the first day someone got stuck in the lift half way up for few hours, :scared: is it all you thought it was going to be now that you are there, CB
Old Nov 9th 2005, 10:50 am
Banned

Originally Posted by eintracht
Can you be a little more specific when you say "I can't log on". Might help in the diagnosis of the problem.
Ok I run my newsreader (newsleecher) then try to connect to my news server (easynews) It doesnt even reach authentication and comes up with "205 closing connection - goodbye"

I checked my account and its all paid up, could there be a setting in Aussie routers that need to be changed?
Old Nov 9th 2005, 10:54 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Ok I run my newsreader (newsleecher) then try to connect to my news server (easynews) It doesnt even reach authentication and comes up with "205 closing connection - goodbye"

I checked my account and its all paid up, could there be a setting in Aussie routers that need to be changed?
HTTP Error 205

Reset Content. The requested completed successfully but the client should clear down any cached information as it may now be invalid.

Clear Internet cache and cookies. Also unplug router, and clear offline stuff.

Load router, and try again.

Steve