Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

broadband providers in Vic

broadband providers in Vic

Old Mar 21st 2006, 5:37 am
surfer chic from Teesside

lauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond repute
Default broadband providers in Vic

Hi

I am just wondering if anyone can reccommend any good broadband providers in Melbourne. At the moment I am with Optus and feel that the service is a load of old tosh. We pay $50 per month for 1gb and its normally used up within 12 days and then the damn thing is slower than dial up and I cant even access the internet as too slow and dont have time to sit waiting for pages to download.

Does anyone know of any that are good value for money and dont have a download limit??

Many thanks

Laura
Old Mar 21st 2006, 5:40 am

gedge has disabled reputation
Default Re: broadband providers in Vic

Originally Posted by lauralollipop
We pay $50 per month for 1gb
what, that's crazy talk!
I pay $35 for 8Gb.
Have a go on www.whirlpool.net.au
Plug in your telephone number, then follow the prompts, what speed, what volume etc.
Try iiNet for a decent deal (but I'm still sore about their customer service ).
Old Mar 21st 2006, 5:43 am
surfer chic from Teesside

lauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gedge
what, that's crazy talk!
I pay $35 for 8Gb.
Have a go on www.whirlpool.net.au
Plug in your telephone number, then follow the prompts, what speed, what volume etc.
Try iiNet for a decent deal (but I'm still sore about their customer service ).

thank you will try them now.....yes customer service doesbt seem to exsist in Aus
Old Mar 21st 2006, 5:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Teliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond repute

ShiftReload all the way for me.... no limits AT ALL and reliable service. Very friendly customer support if you ever have to call as well.

www.shiftreload.com.au

We have the 512/512 service for $99 a month and worth every penny. Have tried IInet and Netspace and would never go back to them. As long as nothing changes at Shift reload I will stay with them forever
Old Mar 21st 2006, 8:14 am
BE Enthusiast

flip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by lauralollipop
Hi

I am just wondering if anyone can reccommend any good broadband providers in Melbourne. At the moment I am with Optus and feel that the service is a load of old tosh. We pay $50 per month for 1gb and its normally used up within 12 days and then the damn thing is slower than dial up and I cant even access the internet as too slow and dont have time to sit waiting for pages to download.

Does anyone know of any that are good value for money and dont have a download limit??

Many thanks

Laura
Hi

Phoned them a couple of days ago with exactly the same problem. They had a different offer on and I could change just till the end of our contract (July). It's only $40 (but no free months) and 2GB +4GB between midnight and noon - when you finish your 2GB though you're back to full time snail's pace. Don't know where you are with your contract but it'll see us through to the end of ours.

In the meantime I'll be following this thread with interest.

Flip