Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Broadband Prices

Broadband Prices

Old Jul 28th 2008, 8:44 am
Up The Arse!!

wengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Broadband Prices

Originally Posted by lee28
why dont you get a mastercard debit card, just like a credit card except you must have the funds in the account and is accepted anywhere you see mastercard sign.
Mate all I want is for the slack pricks at the commonwealth to get on the visa debit bandwagon and it`s happy days!
looked into getting one with anz but can`t be tossed with two seperate bank accounts just to save 25 sheets a month
Old Jul 28th 2008, 9:19 am
Up The Arse!!

wengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
What happens with your line rental ?

If you have a line rental how much is it ? and then how much are your telephone calls charged at.
Unfortuanately I have`nt figured out a way to dump telscum yet but when i do their gone.
I get charged 30 bucks a month for line rental $2.93 a month for silent number
http://www.telstra.com.au/homephones...eline_plus.htm
They also charged me $300 :curse: to connect my lovely phoneline when I moved into my new build.
needless to say I never ever use my home phone at all
Old Jul 28th 2008, 9:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wengerboy
Unfortuanately I have`nt figured out a way to dump telscum yet but when i do their gone.
I get charged 30 bucks a month for line rental $2.93 a month for silent number
http://www.telstra.com.au/homephones...eline_plus.htm
They also charged me $300 :curse: to connect my lovely phoneline when I moved into my new build.
needless to say I never ever use my home phone at all
Yes, afaik you can only get rid of the line rental component via going over to naked DSL, which means you lose your current home phone number, although you can go 100 pct voip from that point on.

I'd like to hear from anyone that has a 3rd party connection that pays Telstra less than 29.95 per month.

Apparently you can get some services on adsl1 plans with home budget rental, @ 19.95 per month... People that do that seem to be very thin on the ground.

Last edited by ozzieeagle; Jul 28th 2008 at 9:26 am.
Old Jul 28th 2008, 9:37 am
Up The Arse!!

Yes, afaik you can only get rid of the line rental component via going over to naked DSL, which means you lose your current home phone number, although you can go 100 pct voip from that point on.

I'd like to hear from anyone that has a 3rd party connection that pays Telstra less than 29.95 per month.

Apparently you can get some services on adsl1 plans with home budget rental, @ 19.95 per month... People that do that seem to be very thin on the ground.
I would go down the voip route but da doris is to computers what I am to kitchens
I`ve just been looking at the Telstra poverty package $19.95 and I reckon if da doris were to phone da UK via a supersaver card after 7.00 pm it would only cost $3.00 for a call that lasts well over an hour

Sorry ozzie disregard last comment found this little gem at the bottom of the page.

Things you need to know

1. HomeLine Budget customers agree not to acquire services from other carriage service providers by dialling their access override code and must not acquire a broadband service from another service provider which is provided using line sharing technology.

Last edited by wengerboy; Jul 28th 2008 at 9:42 am. Reason: adding
Old Jul 28th 2008, 9:59 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wengerboy
I would go down the voip route but da doris is to computers what I am to kitchens
I`ve just been looking at the Telstra poverty package $19.95 and I reckon if da doris were to phone da UK via a supersaver card after 7.00 pm it would only cost $3.00 for a call that lasts well over an hour
We're currently paying iinet $2.50/hour for calls to the UK, with no special international call packs etc.....although we might be on a legacy plan with rates that aren't available any more?
Old Jul 28th 2008, 10:30 am
Up The Arse!!

Originally Posted by bcworld
We're currently paying iinet $2.50/hour for calls to the UK, with no special international call packs etc.....although we might be on a legacy plan with rates that aren't available any more?
Will have to have a sniff at em, all i`m after is 30 bucks line rental with a cheap fixed rate to the yook an i`m sold
Old Jul 28th 2008, 10:40 am
No Clean Feed

bigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond repute

We're on a 30Mbit/1Mbit 60GB Cable Extreme service from Telstra/BigPond and we regularly get ~3MBps download. I have always found Telstra's customer service on Cable to be outstanding and their engineers knowledgeable and rapid. I need to best for work and while it is expensive you get what you pay for IMHO. Blistering speed, but far from unlimited.

Obviously you have to be in a Cabled area, but a lot of inner Melbourne suburbs are. ADSL2+ is highly available in the inner suburbs, but the second you start to move outwards it becomes less and less available.

Al
Old Jul 28th 2008, 12:20 pm
Banned

The Outback Monkeys is just really niceThe Outback Monkeys is just really niceThe Outback Monkeys is just really niceThe Outback Monkeys is just really niceThe Outback Monkeys is just really niceThe Outback Monkeys is just really niceThe Outback Monkeys is just really niceThe Outback Monkeys is just really niceThe Outback Monkeys is just really niceThe Outback Monkeys is just really niceThe Outback Monkeys is just really nice

is there somewhere I can find out ASDL 2 locations??
Old Jul 28th 2008, 12:38 pm
DownUnder

datamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Outback Monkeys
is there somewhere I can find out ASDL 2 locations??
http://adsl2exchanges.com.au/
Old Jul 28th 2008, 12:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bcworld
Try this mob.... and get a soft phone

Currently the calls are .... Free yes Free.

http://www.voipdiscount.com/en/index.html
Old Jul 30th 2008, 8:20 am
BE Enthusiast

tictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond repute

Try this mob.... and get a soft phone

Currently the calls are .... Free yes Free.

http://www.voipdiscount.com/en/index.html
Not bad that Ozzie. Cheers

Any views on the cheapest way of contacting UK mobiles??
Old Jul 30th 2008, 8:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by tictac
Not bad that Ozzie. Cheers

Any views on the cheapest way of contacting UK mobiles??

Possibly Pennytel... they are definitely the cheapest for Aussie Mobiles @ 10.5 cents per minute.

I think from Memory Pennytel are 23 cents per minute to UK mobiles.

Both with no flagfall, and you can either go softphone or voip.

BTW I found out that you only get around 15 calls for free on voipdiscount unfortunately.

Heres Pennytels URL

http://www.pennytel.com/

Last edited by ozzieeagle; Jul 30th 2008 at 8:40 am.
Old Jul 30th 2008, 11:12 am
Forum Regular

mydearboy1 is just really nicemydearboy1 is just really nicemydearboy1 is just really nicemydearboy1 is just really nicemydearboy1 is just really nicemydearboy1 is just really nicemydearboy1 is just really nicemydearboy1 is just really nicemydearboy1 is just really nicemydearboy1 is just really nicemydearboy1 is just really nice

This is the most confusing thread i have ever read on here.

Can anyone simplify this for me?
In the UK i pay £10 a month internet access to Virgin,I have never heard of uploads or downloads and i dont know what a limit is?

I use my internet every night for generall surfing/shopping networking. I can do what i like when i like and always get charged the same.
So what is this all about?
Anyone help?
Old Jul 30th 2008, 1:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by mydearboy1
This is the most confusing thread i have ever read on here.

Can anyone simplify this for me?
In the UK i pay £10 a month internet access to Virgin,I have never heard of uploads or downloads and i dont know what a limit is?

I use my internet every night for generall surfing/shopping networking. I can do what i like when i like and always get charged the same.
So what is this all about?
Anyone help?
How much is your phone line ?

http://www.broadband.co.uk/provider.jsp?i=7
Old Jul 30th 2008, 3:19 pm
Forum Regular

mydearboy1 is just really nicemydearboy1 is just really nicemydearboy1 is just really nicemydearboy1 is just really nicemydearboy1 is just really nicemydearboy1 is just really nicemydearboy1 is just really nicemydearboy1 is just really nicemydearboy1 is just really nicemydearboy1 is just really nicemydearboy1 is just really nice

£10 for my virgin landline, but i have never used it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.