broadband plan?

Old Dec 5th 2005, 1:28 am
Nos De Caraid...

BartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of light
Default broadband plan?

I dont want to end up paying telephone bills... as I dont have telephone...
Is there a way in which I can have a broadband w/o paying telephone charges..
Which is the bst broadband (cheap), any ideas, experiences?

Last edited by BartSimpson; Dec 5th 2005 at 1:29 am. Reason: spell check
Old Dec 5th 2005, 1:35 am

gedge has disabled reputation
Default Re: broadband plan?

Originally Posted by BartSimpson
What first jumps to mind is one of the wireless options like unwired or iburst.
Definitely won't need a land line with those.

A good place to start looking for yourself is the Whirlpool forum.
Old Dec 5th 2005, 3:46 am
Drunken Aussie

brisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nice

optus/tel$tra both do cable internet
Old Dec 5th 2005, 4:33 am
Superfreak!!

Stormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to all

check this out...

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=330057

I`m paying $40 for 16gb peak download, and 24gb off-peak with Exetel. No bundled phone thing.
Old Dec 5th 2005, 5:28 am
Drunken Aussie

brisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nice

but isn't that ADSL, and therefore you need a phone line? the OP is saying they don't want to get a phoneline.

Originally Posted by Stormz
check this out...

I`m paying $40 for 16gb peak download, and 24gb off-peak with Exetel. No bundled phone thing.
Old Dec 5th 2005, 5:57 am
Cleveland, Bayside

Rich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond repute

Have you tryed Dodo they have loads of competitive rates not used them yet thou, but will when we move as lot cheaper than telstra.
Rich
Old Dec 6th 2005, 5:45 am
Nos De Caraid...

BartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of light

Stromz you are talking something good.
Rest everyone wants to do an operation on me in ICU as if I am the ginnie pig :scared:
Guys CHEAP CHEAP.

Thanks anyways. it was all useful (someone may use it).

Bart
Old Dec 6th 2005, 5:48 am
Nos De Caraid...

Originally Posted by brisnick
but isn't that ADSL, and therefore you need a phone line? the OP is saying they don't want to get a phoneline.
hmm... yes I dont want a phone line, but if its Oxygen then I will have to live with it...
- Bart
Old Dec 6th 2005, 7:10 am
Nos De Caraid...

Originally Posted by Stormz
check this out...

Dude Exetel sounds wonder...!
Now tell me If I go with plan R 2T,
https://www.exetel.com.au/order/resi...nline_form.php
Will the install the telephone line? Whats your experience...?
- Bart
Old Jan 5th 2006, 7:50 am
Superfreak!!

Stormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to all

Dude Exetel sounds wonder...!
Now tell me If I go with plan R 2T,
https://www.exetel.com.au/order/resi...nline_form.php
Will the install the telephone line? Whats your experience...?
- Bart
They won`t install any telephone line.... no isp will.... all that stuff is done by Teslstra. You just pay most of your phone bill over to Exetel or whoever if you go bundled.... but it`s only worth it once you compare the costs with Telstra/Optus . For us we don`t ring anyone outside Perth much, and also the mobile phone costs weren`t any cheaper.... everyone`s diff.