Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Broadband in perth etc

Broadband in perth etc

Old Jan 18th 2009, 6:37 am
BE Forum Addict

brian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nice
Default Broadband in perth etc

I am in perth right now,am on 3 mobile broadband well not right now this is in the city,but i have just purchased myself a 3 broadband sim and some credit to use,i had 3 mobile in the uk and i did not know who to use while in perth,i beleive i got my modem unlocked but not sure as the guy in my town was just starting to get into unlocking them,how can i tell?

Anyway i hope it is and i beleive you need to change setting is this right,if i call 3 and they give me these settings is it easy?i take it then when i go back to uk i need to change the setting back to what it was?

What i need to know is say i find that the guy did not unlock it,is there a place where someone can unlock it cheap,i was in a mobile shop not too long ago and a guy was asking about unlocking i think his phone the shop was asking loads,back home you would take your phone to say a market and cost next to nothing,is there a place that does it here and where,as said it will not be a phone but a modem,thats if the guy back home did not do it right.

Also i was told or beleive within the perth city coverage is good with 3 well i am 9km away,so would this be good for coverage,i not taken a contract here or purchased any modem but if they are not good or are pretty crap i will try another network.

I was in two optus shops today to ask if they had a pre-paid sim kit they both had none left,so are they so good they cant keep with demand or they just say that so you buy there modem too,i might go optus if 3 are not good but need to give one a chance first.

Could i buy optus one online say and have posted in the shops dont have them?

Say also if i leave perth after my month and i have this 3 set up and have that sim etc will it still be good to use a year later when i am back for good,as would not want to buy another sim kit when i have it already,i just wonder if it be worth buy a optus sim too.

I tried telstra but they said they dont sell sim kits just the package with modem and sim is this right but are they not expensive and also very little time online?