Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Broadband in Cairns?

Broadband in Cairns?

Old Mar 2nd 2007, 10:41 pm
...feeling hot hot hot!!!

wannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud of
Default Broadband in Cairns?

Just wondering we'll be in Cairns in a few months and wondering who's the best company for broadband internet, nothing flash anything but dial up.
Old Mar 2nd 2007, 11:24 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Broadband in Cairns?

To check out the miriad of companie and plans........

http://www.whirlpool.net.au/

We dislike Telstra who are rip-off merchants with crap customer service.

We use AAPT for a package including broadband and home phone including line rental = no more Telstra.

From our experience Westnet was very good. Picked AAPT due to cost though.
Old Mar 3rd 2007, 2:55 am
BE Forum Addict

wanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to behold

Had been hoping that Rawnet may have come good with ADSL2+.

That may just prove to be wishful thinking

WW
Old Mar 3rd 2007, 8:07 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wanderingwombat
Had been hoping that Rawnet may have come good with ADSL2+.

That may just prove to be wishful thinking

WW
Looks like they're a gonner

You'll have to wait til August when Bigpond launch.
Old Oct 28th 2007, 1:11 am

wannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud of

Need to revive this old thread, I'm moving into a new place on Saturday but don't know which phone company to use the more I look into it the more confused I get. Is AAPT still the way to go? nobody seems to recommend Telstra. Also can't seem to find a usage calculator for broadband.
And as for electricity is Ergon the only choice we get?
Old Oct 28th 2007, 10:37 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Originally Posted by wannabauzzienurse
Need to revive this old thread, I'm moving into a new place on Saturday but don't know which phone company to use the more I look into it the more confused I get. Is AAPT still the way to go? nobody seems to recommend Telstra. Also can't seem to find a usage calculator for broadband.
And as for electricity is Ergon the only choice we get?
Hi Karen.
Yep, I would still say AAPT.
Get's you completely away from Telstra and their broadband / homephone package is pretty good.
Also there is no contract tie in.

We have just added a mobile phone to the package. No contract and brought our own phone. No more loss of credit as we now don't have any. Just pay for waht we use with the monthly plan invoice.

You can check your daily broadband usage with AAPT. It's basic but good enough.

Ergon is the only one I'm aware of for leccie.
Old Oct 28th 2007, 11:39 am

Thanks Bix

So to get the phone connected I just contact AAPT and they do it all without telstra? sorry I'm being a bit thick but my brain is overloaded with hundreds of phone/broadband packages
Old Oct 28th 2007, 11:41 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Thanks Bix

So to get the phone connected I just contact AAPT and they do it all without telstra? sorry I'm being a bit thick but my brain is overloaded with hundreds of phone/broadband packages
Yep, just give them a call and they run through what's needed.
I'm guessing there's already a phone line there with no number ?
Old Oct 28th 2007, 11:52 am

There is a phone number at the house already, will that stay the same? I'll phone them tomorrow and see what they say.
Cheers Bix
Old Oct 28th 2007, 12:14 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

There is a phone number at the house already, will that stay the same? I'll phone them tomorrow and see what they say.
Cheers Bix
I think it may have to change but not sure.