Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

broadband in Australia

broadband in Australia

Old Sep 13th 2010, 12:23 pm
Just Joined

naumenko74 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question broadband in Australia

Hello everybody!!!!! We're moving to Australia very soon and would love to know which the best unlimited broadband internet provider is !! If you you have something to say, I would love to read your opinion !!
Thanks !!!!
Old Sep 13th 2010, 12:33 pm
Account Closed

BristolBeary has much to be proud ofBristolBeary has much to be proud ofBristolBeary has much to be proud ofBristolBeary has much to be proud ofBristolBeary has much to be proud ofBristolBeary has much to be proud ofBristolBeary has much to be proud ofBristolBeary has much to be proud ofBristolBeary has much to be proud ofBristolBeary has much to be proud ofBristolBeary has much to be proud of
Default Re: broadband in Australia

Originally Posted by naumenko74
Hello everybody!!!!! We're moving to Australia very soon and would love to know which the best unlimited broadband internet provider is !! If you you have something to say, I would love to read your opinion !!
Thanks !!!!
Its a rather large place I think you'll need to say which part you will be moving to in order to get some decent help.
Old Sep 13th 2010, 12:36 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BristolBeary
Its a rather large place I think you'll need to say which part you will be moving to in order to get some decent help.
Sorry =)))) We're going to live in Brisbane =))) and what do you guys think about TPG ?
Old Sep 13th 2010, 12:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Unlimited!? What's that?

It's pretty much pot luck here with Broadband. It might not be a case of who is the best provider, but more a question of can I get Broadband at all!

My friend can only get wireless...which is worse than dialup! and is pretty expensive. Her plan is $30 a month for 6GB...mine is ADSL 2+ and costs me $40 per month for 40GB
Old Sep 13th 2010, 12:44 pm
Just Joined

well, I didn't know that there is such a problem with internet in Australia, that's why I'm asking.....=)))))))
Old Sep 13th 2010, 1:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

well, I didn't know that there is such a problem with internet in Australia, that's why I'm asking.....=)))))))
I know.

I can't remember the full details ( I blanked the technical talk out ) but getting ADSL depends on if there is a 'space' for you in the exchange or not.

Probably the best thing you can do is look on whirlpool forums - don't know the web address though sorry...but if you google.com.au it you'll find it. There's lots of info on there. It's where I got my internet provider from
Old Sep 13th 2010, 1:24 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Wendy
I know.

I can't remember the full details ( I blanked the technical talk out ) but getting ADSL depends on if there is a 'space' for you in the exchange or not.

Probably the best thing you can do is look on whirlpool forums - don't know the web address though sorry...but if you google.com.au it you'll find it. There's lots of info on there. It's where I got my internet provider from
Thanks a lot!!!!=))) I appreciate it!! is there any possibilities to get unlimited internet in Brisbane at all?
Old Sep 13th 2010, 1:31 pm
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks a lot!!!!=))) I appreciate it!! is there any possibilities to get unlimited internet in Brisbane at all?
You could get by without unlimited if you cut down on the exclamation marks!!! Just a thought )))
Old Sep 13th 2010, 1:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I'm not sure, I live in Adelaide

There probably will be unlimited plans out there, but they aren't that well advertised It's certainly not as competitive a market as it is in the UK...and I've been here for 4 and half years. So that shows you how far behind it is that I think that even now!

I did look at the whirlpool forums and found this thread: http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/1520488

I'm not really an expert - by a long shot lol. I just know that I wouldn't wish dialup on anyone! That's all I could get for 9 months!
Old Sep 13th 2010, 2:28 pm
Account Closed

BristolBeary has much to be proud ofBristolBeary has much to be proud ofBristolBeary has much to be proud ofBristolBeary has much to be proud ofBristolBeary has much to be proud ofBristolBeary has much to be proud ofBristolBeary has much to be proud ofBristolBeary has much to be proud ofBristolBeary has much to be proud ofBristolBeary has much to be proud ofBristolBeary has much to be proud of

I'm in Perth so don't know anything about ISP's in Brisbane. Here iinet seem to be the "best". $129 for ADSL2 300Gb per month. That includes VOIP calls.

Rip off but about the value for price.
Old Sep 13th 2010, 2:32 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by BristolBeary
I'm in Perth so don't know anything about ISP's in Brisbane. Here iinet seem to be the "best". $129 for ADSL2 300Gb per month. That includes VOIP calls.

Rip off but about the value for price.
Sorry it's actually $119 per month and it's 300Gb peak times with a further 300Gb off peak (2am ish to 7am ish)
Old Sep 13th 2010, 11:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Deancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks !!!!
Unlimited broadband? What's that?

No such thing in Australia.
Old Sep 14th 2010, 12:04 am
BE Enthusiast

mulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks !!!!
TPG Unlimited $75 / month
Plan speed Up to 24576 / 1024 kbps
only on their own DSLAMs
http://bc.whirlpool.net.au/bc/isp-18...tial-adsl2.htm

IPrimus Quad-1 (1111GB) $99.95 / month
Plan speed Up to 24576 / 1024 kbps
only on some exchanges
http://bc.whirlpool.net.au/bc/isp-10...snet-adsl2.htm

Internode is the pick but it all depends on what is in your exchange
Old Sep 14th 2010, 12:14 am
BE Enthusiast

77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks !!!!
I'm in Sydney and pay $49 for 200GB per month and get speeds of 17mbps. I'm with TPG and am well happy with them.
Old Sep 14th 2010, 12:15 am
BE Enthusiast

77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Deancm_MKII
Unlimited broadband? What's that?

No such thing in Australia.
Dodo just announced a $39.99 unlimited plan. Not sure of the ins and outs of that package though.

https://secure.dodo.com.au/wizard/servicecheck.aspx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.