Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Broadband again aaaaaaaaaaargh!!!

Broadband again aaaaaaaaaaargh!!!

Old Nov 7th 2005, 5:21 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute
Default Broadband again aaaaaaaaaaargh!!!

I've come home today plugged in my modem the light stops flashing, Yea shouts me

I try connect na ha

I phone them up they say I can't be connected yet I haven't received my modem, I say I have my own, they say but is the green light on I say yes, they say they'll activate it and it'll be on in 15 minutes.

Two hours later still nothing.

I phone them up on my mobile.

Are both the green lights on?

Yes, I tell them the modem is fine it keeps breaking down at the verify user name .

Can you spell telpacific

Yes.

Do you know your password should be in lower case.

Yes

Is both the green lights on?

I tell them the modem is fine it keeps breaking down at the verify user name .

Can we call you back on a landline?

No as I don't have a filter and I wont be able to have it plugged in to test it.

Have you isolated it?

No I don't have a filter so there isn't anything else plugged in.

Any other phones?

Any fax machine?

Oh well I'll have toget secondary support to phone you.

When.

Tomorrow or maybe tonight.

What if I'm not in?

They'll try again later.
Old Nov 7th 2005, 5:26 am
one day rodders !!!

robos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Broadband again aaaaaaaaaaargh!!!

why cant they contact you i didnt catch that (lol)

sorry i know its frustrating talking to a brick wall
we had the same prob at first
hope it gets sorted asap

jan xx
Old Nov 7th 2005, 5:35 am
Banned

Location: I refuse to answer on the grounds it may incriminate me
Luke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond repute

I'll look later but I bought my adsl modem from uk (speedtouch 330)
I know modem is ok but had same probs.
Ended up having to buy one and it worked right away. Problem was the connection configuration (which I forget), something about gateway or similar and it couldnt be changed through the modem config.

Is it uk modem ?

Right, the config I couldnt do with speedtouch was that my isp connects through WAN and modem wasnt setup for this.
You need to call back and speak with a techie guy who will go through it with you.

Last edited by Luke I Amyofath; Nov 7th 2005 at 5:40 am. Reason: info added
Old Nov 7th 2005, 5:47 am
Banned

Luke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond repute

try this mate, its the generic config for telpacific adsl:

Service name: Telpacific
- Username: [email protected]
- Password: your_password
- Disconnect timeout: 0
- WAN type: PPPoE LLC ORPPPoA LLC
- VPI: 8
- VCI: 35
- Bridge Disabled
» Technical info

Primary DNS server address (server assigned)
Secondary DNS server addres (server assigned)
Encapsulation/WAN type PPPoE LLC ORPPPoA LLC
VPI 8
VCI 35
Bridge mode Disabled ( Routed / PPP )
User name [email protected]
Dialup # (for USB) p8,35

The PPPoE part was where my problem was, I couldnt change it.
Old Nov 7th 2005, 5:52 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Luke I Amyofath
I'll look later but I bought my adsl modem from uk (speedtouch 330)
I know modem is ok but had same probs.
Ended up having to buy one and it worked right away. Problem was the connection configuration (which I forget), something about gateway or similar and it couldnt be changed through the modem config.

Is it uk modem ?

Right, the config I couldnt do with speedtouch was that my isp connects through WAN and modem wasnt setup for this.
You need to call back and speak with a techie guy who will go through it with you.

Yeah I have the same modem, the rest is double dutch to me
Old Nov 7th 2005, 6:08 am
Banned

Originally Posted by fraser
Yeah I have the same modem, the rest is double dutch to me
your modem is speedtouch 330 ? If it is and its from uk you may have problems mate since your isp in uk would have had specific config in their setup disc. That was my exact problem and downloading new drivers etc didnt allow me to change the config.
Got pissed off, went to local stores and bought modem for less than $100, plugged it in and connected right away with no probs.

this PPPoE thing is what I couldnt change, it was setup for something else which I cant remember.

modem I have now is a dynalink.
If you like I will have another look at where on the speedtouch you change the config to PPPoE, maybe yours will allow you to change to this setting.
Old Nov 7th 2005, 6:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute

so don't bring my modem with me then?
I was going to cos it works on my laptop but if I am going to have probs then I may as well buy one there.

cheers luke
lace x
Old Nov 7th 2005, 6:18 am

your modem is speedtouch 330 ? If it is and its from uk you may have problems mate since your isp in uk would have had specific config in their setup disc. That was my exact problem and downloading new drivers etc didnt allow me to change the config.
Got pissed off, went to local stores and bought modem for less than $100, plugged it in and connected right away with no probs.

this PPPoE thing is what I couldnt change, it was setup for something else which I cant remember.

modem I have now is a dynalink.
If you like I will have another look at where on the speedtouch you change the config to PPPoE, maybe yours will allow you to change to this setting.

Cheers mate, they're sending me an Aussie one tomorrow, that should work.
Old Nov 7th 2005, 6:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute

good old Fraser
hugs to you on this cold morning from Manchester
lol
lace x
Old Nov 7th 2005, 6:22 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

There are two encapsulation modes: PPPoA (PPP over ATM) and PPPoE (PPP over Ethernet).
Old Nov 7th 2005, 6:39 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Hutch
There are two encapsulation modes: PPPoA (PPP over ATM) and PPPoE (PPP over Ethernet).
Thats what I was trying to explain, cheers. Under normal circumstances youd think you could change the encap mode but I wasnt able to change it from PPPoA to PPPoE.
I assumed it was because the drivers might have been configured specifically for wanadoo in uk. I even re-downloaded drivers from speedtouch and made a new "phonebook" file etc but still couldnt get the bugger to allow me to change the encap.

Lacy..... Dont take what Im saying as being totally correct, this problem would ordinarily be easy to fix, its only the configuration on my speedtouch modem that came with wanaadoo broadband (and in my case optus)
Old Nov 7th 2005, 7:37 am

Flying Banana is an unknown quantity at this point

Have a read of http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=325717

Theres a link on there I posted which gives some advice on getting a UK speedtouch 330 modem to work over here. Don't know if it will work but worth a try.
Old Nov 7th 2005, 7:49 am

Originally Posted by Flying Banana
Have a read of http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=325717

Theres a link on there I posted which gives some advice on getting a UK speedtouch 330 modem to work over here. Don't know if it will work but worth a try.
Cheers mate, I'll give it a go.
Old Nov 7th 2005, 8:08 am

Nah, didn't work
Old Nov 7th 2005, 8:13 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Did you make sure that all other telephony devices are isolated from the ADSL by a filter?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.