Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Broadband with AAPT

Broadband with AAPT

Old Apr 26th 2006, 4:51 am
BE Forum Addict

ali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant future
Default Broadband with AAPT

Has anyone used this company they seem to have a very good deal for broadband at the moment with no contract, it all sounds too good to be true?
Thanks
Tara
Old Apr 26th 2006, 5:03 am
vb2
bradford 2 brissy at last

vb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Broadband with AAPT

I looked into them too, but they require you to pay $49 dollars every month for phone and $39 dollars for broadband thats the only catch from what i can see - you have to buy the whole package.
regards
vb2

Originally Posted by ali south
Has anyone used this company they seem to have a very good deal for broadband at the moment with no contract, it all sounds too good to be true?
Thanks
Tara
Old Apr 26th 2006, 5:14 am
BE Forum Addict

ali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by vb2
I looked into them too, but they require you to pay $49 dollars every month for phone and $39 dollars for broadband thats the only catch from what i can see - you have to buy the whole package.
regards
vb2
THANKS, THIS IS WHAT I HAVE BEEN TOLD
Currently I pay to Telstra

$30 dial up
$30 line rental
$30 phone calls (roughly as they are all dial up calls)
$90 Total

with AAPT
$97.95 would give me broadband 12 GB (it slows once you over this), line rental and $50 dollars worth of calls a month (although we don't use the phone other than for dial up)

the main thing with AAPT is the no contract, we still don't know if we are going to stay in Australia although this is likely.

What do you reckon on the above deal for $7 more a month than I already pay?
Thanks
Tara
Old Apr 26th 2006, 5:22 am
Drunken Aussie

brisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nice

i get my broadband through teegee (www.teegee.com.au) and they are no contract too. never had a problem, have even moved home and they connected me up again quickly. $39.95/month for 25GB downloads, and then $18.50/mth for phone line from tel$tra, that's only $58.49/month
Old Apr 26th 2006, 7:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by brisnick
i get my broadband through teegee (www.teegee.com.au) and they are no contract too. never had a problem, have even moved home and they connected me up again quickly. $39.95/month for 25GB downloads, and then $18.50/mth for phone line from tel$tra, that's only $58.49/month
so did you have to provide your own modem?
did you get the $18.50 mth from Telstra or from teegee, they always quote me more than this??
I just checked Teegee out and 512 Turbo 25GB data is now $44.95 month plus $108 New ADSL activation fee (and no modem as far as I can see)
I stopped looking for broadband 4 months because it gets so confusing!
Thanks for your help
Tara

Last edited by ali south; Apr 26th 2006 at 7:09 am.
Old Apr 26th 2006, 7:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Trevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant future

The $18.50/month line rental is the cheapest Telstra do, and does not give you any cheaper rates on your calls. If you make more than just a bare minimum of calls, this is not the rental plan for you.

Just in case you are thinking of using an overide service such as Gotalk (where you enter an over-ride code then the number you want to dial), this is not allowed in the terms and conditions of the $18.50 line rental.

Where it is worth using this rental plan is if you use your broadband for VOIP
Old Apr 26th 2006, 8:09 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

My parents are currently with AAPT. They switched to them prior to our arrival because they thought they'd get better bandwidth, but that turned out not to be the case. No complaints performance-wise or support-wise, but if you're anything like me then unmetered with a highly rated ISP like Exetel is the way to go.
Old Apr 26th 2006, 9:37 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

Hello Tara. Hope you are well.

I use AAPT's broadband offering and their Homechat $79 call cap ... no complaints ... hope that's not tempting fate ... :-)

Best regards.

Originally Posted by ali south
Thanks
Tara
Old Apr 26th 2006, 10:14 pm
Drunken Aussie

brisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nice

but if you use the calling cards then you can still use to make uk calls (as i do).

Originally Posted by Trevglas
The $18.50/month line rental is the cheapest Telstra do, and does not give you any cheaper rates on your calls. If you make more than just a bare minimum of calls, this is not the rental plan for you.

Just in case you are thinking of using an overide service such as Gotalk (where you enter an over-ride code then the number you want to dial), this is not allowed in the terms and conditions of the $18.50 line rental.

Where it is worth using this rental plan is if you use your broadband for VOIP