Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Brits in WA - Driving Licence Question?

Wikiposts

Brits in WA - Driving Licence Question?

Old Feb 15th 2007, 1:00 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Brits in WA - Driving Licence Question?

OK, get your WA licences out guys - If you only had a regular car licence in the UK and got it converted to a WA licence does your WA licence have LR on it i.e. permit you to driver a Light Rigid vehicle. Or does it have MR or HR ??

... or maybe none of the above, just a car.

Reason I ask is I thought all us pommy licences automatically convert to an WA LR licence, but my mate has HR on his despite only having had a regular UK car driving license.
Old Feb 15th 2007, 1:02 pm
Account Closed

Nomore is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Brits in WA - Driving Licence Question?

Originally Posted by renth
OK, get your WA licences out guys - If you only had a regular car licence in the UK and got it converted to a WA licence does your WA licence have LR on it i.e. permit you to driver a Light Rigid vehicle. Or does it have MR or HR ??

Reason I ask is I thought all us pommy licences automatically convert to an WA LR licence, but my mate has HR on his despite only having had a regular UK car driving license.
Mine says..........LR
Old Feb 15th 2007, 1:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

breezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to behold

Mine just says C class nothing else
Tracie
Old Feb 15th 2007, 1:09 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by breezeboylan
Mine just says C class nothing else
Tracie
Is that just a regular blue licence?
Old Feb 15th 2007, 1:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

breezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to behold

Is that just a regular blue licence?
Yes, and i just rang OH to ask him about his and it's the same as mine.
Tracie
Old Feb 15th 2007, 1:17 pm
(It's not my real name)

Yes, and i just rang OH to ask him about his and it's the same as mine.
Tracie
Interesting, how long ago did you get your WA licence?
Old Feb 15th 2007, 1:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Interesting, how long ago did you get your WA licence?
16th Nov 2006
Tracie
Old Feb 15th 2007, 1:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

bridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond repute

LR

We had this conversation a couple of weeks ago when a few expats got together and people had a mix of blue and brown licences..... I think they get a bit confused in the licencing office!!
Old Feb 15th 2007, 1:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by bridie
LR

We had this conversation a couple of weeks ago when a few expats got together and people had a mix of blue and brown licences..... I think they get a bit confused in the licencing office!!
Whats the brown Licence for
Tracie
Old Feb 15th 2007, 1:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

bridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond repute

Mine is brown, it's LR says heavy vehicle licence!
Old Feb 15th 2007, 1:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

LR

Mine is brown, it's LR says heavy vehicle licence!
This is getting confusing. I thought LR was light rigid
Tracie
Old Feb 15th 2007, 1:32 pm
(It's not my real name)

Whats the brown Licence for
Tracie
Most Pommies I know automatically get the brown, heavy vehicle licence - like me, paulrachel and bridie - endorsed for LR.

Looks like my mate got a clerical error in his favour when his came back with an HR endorsement. That is, in his favour until he actually attempts to drive, say a cement mixer. Something I'm in the process of paying $2,000 for.

The blue ones are interesting, eiter a clerical error or a recent change??
Old Feb 15th 2007, 1:32 pm
(It's not my real name)

This is getting confusing. I thought LR was light rigid
Tracie
A LR licence is technically a heavy vehicle licence.
Old Feb 15th 2007, 1:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

A LR licence is technically a heavy vehicle licence.
Thats interesting then. A friend of mine is starting lessons tonight at $100 an hour so he can get his HR licence to drive buses. Wonder why some get the licence and some of us only get C class.
Tracie
Old Feb 15th 2007, 1:37 pm
(It's not my real name)

Thats interesting then. A friend of mine is starting lessons tonight at $100 an hour so he can get his HR licence to drive buses. Wonder why some get the licence and some of us only get C class.
Tracie
Is he learning at RMS in Joondalup, like I am?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.