Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Brits top the stats again but which support centres???

Old Dec 26th 2006, 10:24 pm

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Brits top the stats again but which support centres???

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au...9-1702,00.html

Quote..
Brits lead surge in immigrants

December 27, 2006

AUSTRALIA welcomed more than 130,000 immigrants in the last fiscal year, most of them swapping the cold of Britain for sun and sand down under.
Figures released by the Department of Immigration show Australia welcomed about 8000 more immigrants than the previous year, with the majority choosing to settle in New South Wales.

While many of the new settlers arrived and stayed in Sydney, Immigration Minister Amanda Vanstone said immigrants were finding it easier to settle outside the city.

"A network of support services has now been established in regional NSW and throughout Australia and this has made it more attractive for migrants to live and work away from the big metropolitan centres of Sydney and Melbourne," she said.

The biggest increases in immigration were in South Australia and the ACT.

South Australia welcomed 9099 new immigrants, an increase from 6364 in 2004-05, while the capital territory became home for 1372 new Australians, up from 1217.

A building boom, low unemployment and the aesthetics of Canberra were all behind the ACT's attractiveness, Senator Vanstone said.

"The Canberra community is to be congratulated for welcoming these people into their lives so readily and willingly." Unquote.

Haven't come across these support centres has anyone else???
Old Dec 26th 2006, 11:32 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Brits top the stats again but which support centres???

Originally Posted by annqldau

Haven't come across these support centres has anyone else???
Yep, you're posting on one
Old Dec 27th 2006, 8:59 am
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Brits top the stats again but which support centres???

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Exactly what I was going to say.

Great mods think alike.

Buzzy
Old Dec 27th 2006, 9:02 am
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Brits top the stats again but which support centres???

Also there is "newcomers network" - www.newcomersnetwork.com

Buzzy
Old Dec 27th 2006, 9:18 am

Disagree... this infers there are Government ones, nobody popped round to help me out except you lot and this is a self help group like 'Expats Anonymous' except we forget to say the pledge.
Old Dec 27th 2006, 9:20 am

Cool Re: Brits top the stats again but which support centres???

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
Also there is "newcomers network" - www.newcomersnetwork.com

Buzzy
That looks non-government as well, looks more like somebodies get rich quick scheme plus the green and red font is terrible... .

I want an official Government Expat group so we can become fauna and flora.
Old Dec 27th 2006, 9:21 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Disagree... this infers there are Government ones, nobody popped round to help me out except you lot and this is a self help group like 'Expats Anonymous' except we forget to say the pledge.
Sorry, I'll take my somewhere else.
Old Dec 27th 2006, 9:32 am

Sorry, I'll take my somewhere else.
Just pointing out I haven't seen what they are saying you can smile here anytime in this safe zone free from conflict... .
Old Dec 27th 2006, 9:38 am
Home and Happy

Just pointing out I haven't seen what they are saying you can smile here anytime in this safe zone free from conflict... .
There is some sort of organisation that sends us temporary staff from time to time - claims to be a govt agency "Helping to place new Migrant Workers" ....however the only staff we have ever seen from there are either Russian or from the Philippines. The last poor Philippino girl could barely speak English, so they gave her a job answering the phone to the Aussie public Of the two Russians I have had most contact with, one as good as admitted she was on a spouse visa as a result of a sham marriage, and the other offered me cash last week to do her job applications for her
Old Dec 27th 2006, 9:59 am

There is some sort of organisation that sends us temporary staff from time to time - claims to be a govt agency "Helping to place new Migrant Workers" ....however the only staff we have ever seen from there are either Russian or from the Philippines. The last poor Philippino girl could barely speak English, so they gave her a job answering the phone to the Aussie public Of the two Russians I have had most contact with, one as good as admitted she was on a spouse visa as a result of a sham marriage, and the other offered me cash last week to do her job applications for her
See I could have had that I've got an accent haven't I... .
Old Dec 27th 2006, 10:08 am
Home and Happy

See I could have had that I've got an accent haven't I... .

Try this.....
http://www.immi.gov.au/living-in-aus..._providers.pdf

or http://www.immi.gov.au/living-in-aus...help/index.htm

which is a bit more general
Old Dec 27th 2006, 2:03 pm

Multicultural Development Association
(MDA) Consortium Ah! they are not politicaly correct that's out and a new word for integration is in... forgot what it is and as for the other site they say

Where to Go for Help
Organisations that help you settle are in many places in Australia.
You looked for: [ QLD +o:4502 ] - and we found: 0 matching all your search terms plus 0 matching some of your search terms
No results for 'QLD +o:4502'.

So like I said... all on my own... .
Old Dec 27th 2006, 2:22 pm
Home and Happy

Multicultural Development Association
(MDA) Consortium Ah! they are not politicaly correct that's out and a new word for integration is in... forgot what it is and as for the other site they say

Where to Go for Help
Organisations that help you settle are in many places in Australia.
You looked for: [ QLD +o:4502 ] - and we found: 0 matching all your search terms plus 0 matching some of your search terms
No results for 'QLD +o:4502'.

So like I said... all on my own... .
MAybe you should write to Ms Vanstone?
Old Dec 27th 2006, 2:24 pm

MAybe you should write to Ms Vanstone?
Nope I'm off to bed as I'm obviously not going to be helped to settle here and will need the additional sleep to help me cope... .
Old Dec 27th 2006, 2:32 pm
Home and Happy

Nope I'm off to bed as I'm obviously not going to be helped to settle here and will need the additional sleep to help me cope... .
Hope the rain doesn't keep you awake Do you think they will lift the restrictions tomorrow

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.