Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

British woman 'too thin' for Australian citizenship

Old May 9th 2006, 1:18 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute
Default British woman 'too thin' for Australian citizenship

Plenty of fatties on this site worrying about passing the meds, but what about the "thinnies"?

A British woman told she was too thin to become an Australian citizen has won her battle against the ruling.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/australia/...758963,00.html
Old May 9th 2006, 2:23 am
Breeding little aussies

movetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: British woman 'too thin' for Australian citizenship

Originally Posted by renth
Plenty of fatties on this site worrying about passing the meds, but what about the "thinnies"?

A British woman told she was too thin to become an Australian citizen has won her battle against the ruling.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/australia/...758963,00.html
well i'm sorry but i just don't believe that, did they ask you to jump on the scales when you went for your interview? did they look you up and down with a critical eye, take a sharp intake of breath and say "ooooh Mr Renth, tell you what, come back in a couple of months when you've put on a couple of kilos and we'll see what we think then"

Mind you the people in the next booth to me got refused, but that was because they didn't have a good enough grasp of english, or maybe that was just an excuse

Lynn
Old May 9th 2006, 2:47 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Personally I think the article is confusing Citizenship with Permanent Residency. I believe she failed the PR medical.
Old May 9th 2006, 2:50 am
Fremantle Doctor!

windy gale has a spectacular aura aboutwindy gale has a spectacular aura aboutwindy gale has a spectacular aura about

bullshit, weigh that
Old May 9th 2006, 2:51 am
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute

Personally I think the article is confusing Citizenship with Permanent Residency. I believe she failed the PR medical.
she didnt fail any medical - she refused to give them medical information that they requested and she ignored their repeated requests - so they said - 'tough titty out you go you pommy'. I do believe thats a direct quote from Ms Vanstone.
Old May 9th 2006, 3:37 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=368906

It was in the news a couple of weeks back, and it does seem that she wasn't very cooperative. She seems to have been refusing to have the medical they wanted her to take. Surely if she wanted to live here with her family bad enough she would have the medical? soemething very odd about that case - I'd love to read the judgement, but haven't found it yet!
Old May 9th 2006, 3:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana

It was in the news a couple of weeks back, and it does seem that she wasn't very cooperative. She seems to have been refusing to have the medical they wanted her to take. Surely if she wanted to live here with her family bad enough she would have the medical? soemething very odd about that case - I'd love to read the judgement, but haven't found it yet!
Never believe what you read in the papers, least of all the headline!!
Old May 9th 2006, 3:50 am
BE Enthusiast

matt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana

Too thin.... Refusing medicals..... Something to hide maybe? I also agree they seem to have Residency mixed up with Citizenship.
Old May 9th 2006, 3:51 am
BE Enthusiast

matt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by thatsnotquiteright
Never believe what you read in the papers, least of all the headline!!
Yes, your right, I take back my last comment.
Old May 9th 2006, 5:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by matt-and-jenny
Too thin.... Refusing medicals..... Something to hide maybe? I also agree they seem to have Residency mixed up with Citizenship.

The woman with residency issues on TV recently (no idea if its this case) could have hidden behind a lamp post she was so thin.

Anorexia can cause some huge health bills, maybe the government had a problem with that. Interesting tho, because overweight can cause costly health issues too. Maybe they will bring in healthy weight range for immigrants and hope they dont take up the eagle boys diet once they arrive
Old May 9th 2006, 5:52 am
(It's not my real name)

Originally Posted by jad n rich
The woman with residency issues on TV recently (no idea if its this case) could have hidden behind a lamp post she was so thin.

Anorexia can cause some huge health bills, maybe the government had a problem with that. Interesting tho, because overweight can cause costly health issues too. Maybe they will bring in healthy weight range for immigrants and hope they dont take up the eagle boys diet once they arrive
Does anyone know of anyone who has failed the meds? it seems like the character test, you've got to be really bad to fail it.

I did hear of a friends brother fail because he was in remission with cancer. That was a while ago.
Old May 9th 2006, 8:58 am
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute

Does anyone know of anyone who has failed the meds? it seems like the character test, you've got to be really bad to fail it.

I did hear of a friends brother fail because he was in remission with cancer. That was a while ago.
there is a database online of rulings by dimia - its publically available data. Most of the cases on there were pretty serious thigns, lots of HIV, including one poor guy I found who didnt know he had HIV (ouch). Plus a few trying to squeeze in old rellies who were chronically ill. There were no fat/thin/mental people in the thing I could find ;-).

they let me in - Im fat , thin, and schizophrenic
Old May 9th 2006, 9:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jad n rich
or have to run around in the shower to get wet...
Old May 9th 2006, 9:24 am
Life's a gamble

Suni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe she's a he
Old May 9th 2006, 10:42 am
Back in OZ!

ElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Suni&Jay
Maybe she's a he
No, the Aussies like that - Haven't you seen 'Priscilla queen of the desert'

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.