british tv

Old May 12th 2002, 7:58 am
Just Joined

lynn is an unknown quantity at this point
Default british tv

After reading the thread on oz tv on sky does anyone if you can get british tv out there. I know i know very sad but the thought that I could still watch eastenders whilst living in paradise would be heaven for me ( hell for hubby!)

Lynn
Old May 12th 2002, 8:43 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: british tv

Hi Lynn.

If you subscribe to Foxtel or cable you can watch UK-TV, although Corrie and East Enders are way way behind the latest episodes on the TV in the UK.

Sky News is on live from London every day, and Fox Sports carries live sport from the UK, although the soccer (footie is Aussie Rules) is on at an unearthly hour ...

Then again you can see the latest episodes of Neighbours on Channel 10 (6.30pm in the evenings) - about 6 weeks ahead of the UK I think - and my favourite, The Secret Life of Us ...

See what's on Foxtel here:
http://www.foxtel.com.au

Best regards.
Old May 12th 2002, 8:33 pm
Forum Regular

glenn_somers is an unknown quantity at this point

Alan, very useful info as my girlfriend is hooked on British soaps. Do you know of any other providers that show more current UK shows, I noticed that the likes of Eastenders and Coronation St are a good few years behind.

Yours Hopefully,

Glenn
Old May 13th 2002, 10:20 am
Adam Exton

Also, you can get a broadband connection and watch UK TV over the net:

http://wwitv.com/tv.htm

"lynn" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > After reading the thread on oz tv on sky does anyone if you can get british tv out
    > there. I know i know very sad but the thought that I could still watch eastenders
    > whilst living in paradise would be heaven for me ( hell for hubby!)
    >
    > Lynn
    >
    >
    >
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old May 13th 2002, 10:20 am
Rob

glenn_somers wrote:

>Alan, very useful info as my girlfriend is hooked on British soaps. Do you know of
    >any other providers that show more current UK shows, I noticed that the likes of
    >Eastenders and Coronation St are a good few years behind.

Think of it as an incentive to get your girlfriend out of the habit of watching
soaps. It's amazing how many people watch soaps only out of habit. My parents have
been watching Coronation Street for 30+ years, and for that last 5 years or so
they've moaned about how naff the show has become, but will they switch it off ? ....