Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

British Rugby League Grand Final in Sydney

British Rugby League Grand Final in Sydney

Old Oct 7th 2007, 11:08 pm
  #1  
BE Forum Addict
Thread Starter
 
Red_V_Roger's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Location: Peregian Springs, Sunshine Coast
Posts: 1,871
Red_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond repute
Default British Rugby League Grand Final in Sydney

Well its St Helens v Leeds in the British Grand Final 6PM BST Kick-Off Saturday 13th October - so 4AM Sunday morning in Sydney.

We are desperate to watch the game. Can anyone suggest any places in Sydney that may be open to watch the game?

I've had suggested the Crest Sports Bar in Kings Cross - but that the doormen have a strange policy of who they let in.

Also suggested was Prymont Bridge Hotel...?

Basically, our idea is to check-in to a Sydney hotel for Saturday night, go out a few hours before the game, then go back to the hotel to sleep it off.

I wonder if any leagues clubs or tradies may have it on.
Red_V_Roger is offline  
Old Oct 8th 2007, 5:22 am
  #2  
BE Forum Addict
Thread Starter
 
Red_V_Roger's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Location: Peregian Springs, Sunshine Coast
Posts: 1,871
Red_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: British Rugby League Grand Final in Sydney

Replying to my own message - but I understand KO is 3AM in Sydney. Therefore I could watch the first half at one of the Leagues clubs that open until 4AM.

I wonder if they'd let us hang around to about 4:45 (good old 'drinking up time') to finish watching the whole game.
Red_V_Roger is offline  
Old Oct 8th 2007, 1:28 pm
  #3  
Forum Regular
 
billywetpants's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 62
billywetpants will become famous soon enough
Default Re: British Rugby League Grand Final in Sydney

Had the same problem last year, best I could do was go to the RSL and watch it the next day.

Don't mind if you win this year and stuff the whino's.

Dean
billywetpants is offline  
Old Oct 8th 2007, 10:31 pm
  #4  
BE Forum Addict
Thread Starter
 
Red_V_Roger's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Location: Peregian Springs, Sunshine Coast
Posts: 1,871
Red_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: British Rugby League Grand Final in Sydney

Originally Posted by billywetpants View Post
Had the same problem last year, best I could do was go to the RSL and watch it the next day.

Don't mind if you win this year and stuff the whino's.

Dean
Made my plan as follows -

Going to use my Holiday Inn points to stay at the Crowne Plaza in Sydney. If we can find somewhere with it on then fine - if not Crowne Plaza has Fox Sports 3 in the rooms, so we'll watch it in the hotel room.

Sorry to the person in the next door room for the noise !
Red_V_Roger is offline  
Old Oct 9th 2007, 6:18 am
  #5  
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Jan 2005
Location: Gold Coast
Posts: 629
DianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud of
Default Re: British Rugby League Grand Final in Sydney

Originally Posted by Red_V_Roger View Post
Well its St Helens v Leeds in the British Grand Final 6PM BST Kick-Off Saturday 13th October - so 4AM Sunday morning in Sydney.

We are desperate to watch the game. Can anyone suggest any places in Sydney that may be open to watch the game?

I've had suggested the Crest Sports Bar in Kings Cross - but that the doormen have a strange policy of who they let in.

Also suggested was Prymont Bridge Hotel...?

Basically, our idea is to check-in to a Sydney hotel for Saturday night, go out a few hours before the game, then go back to the hotel to sleep it off.

I wonder if any leagues clubs or tradies may have it on.
A couple of years ago I went to the Sports Bar in Kings Cross to watch the Hull v Leeds Challenge Cup final. It wasn't live but was shown delayed at about 6am and they had it on. No probs at all, though there was nobody except me and another Hull fan watching it!
It was full of very strange drunk people at that time too!
DianneH68 is offline  
Old Oct 9th 2007, 6:33 am
  #6  
BE Forum Addict
Thread Starter
 
Red_V_Roger's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Location: Peregian Springs, Sunshine Coast
Posts: 1,871
Red_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: British Rugby League Grand Final in Sydney

Originally Posted by DianneH68 View Post
A couple of years ago I went to the Sports Bar in Kings Cross to watch the Hull v Leeds Challenge Cup final. It wasn't live but was shown delayed at about 6am and they had it on. No probs at all, though there was nobody except me and another Hull fan watching it!
It was full of very strange drunk people at that time too!
Hull v Leeds - no wonder it was full of strange drunk people.

I think we'll go to the Sport Bar early doors and introduce ourselves - can't see them not letting me and the missus in. Don't think we'll wear our Saints stuff though.
Red_V_Roger is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.