Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

British radio in Oz!!

British radio in Oz!!

Old Nov 13th 2005, 12:37 pm
Forum Regular

AliMay has a brilliant futureAliMay has a brilliant futureAliMay has a brilliant futureAliMay has a brilliant futureAliMay has a brilliant futureAliMay has a brilliant future
Default British radio in Oz!!

Hi there, I know this maybe old hat to some folk but I just have to share this because its made me sooo happy- I have just discovered that you can get UK radio online and listen to old shows. I have enjoyed Jonathon Ross, Chris Evans even Terry Wogan's shows on Radio 2 and BBC Scotland progs such as Celtic Connection and Take the Floor (I'm a Scot who loves the occasional Gay Gordon). I know these might not be everyones cup of tea but there are loads of shows. I really haven't taken to Aussie radio shows and so this is great. I can listen to say last weeks Chris Evans show on Saturday afternoon and it doesn't feel out of sync- except the weather forecasts.

Hope this makes someone else as happy as me!

Ali
Old Nov 13th 2005, 12:40 pm
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: British radio in Oz!!

Hi AliMay,

I get really jealous when I'm listening to our local radio here in UK and they mention about long distance listeners. Someone emailed in from the Gold Coast last week during their bbq/pool party. I was so jealous as it was chucking it down here.

Happy listening!
Old Nov 13th 2005, 12:46 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AliMay
Hi there, I know this maybe old hat to some folk but I just have to share this because its made me sooo happy- I have just discovered that you can get UK radio online and listen to old shows...
Ali
lol - aye - last time I was out in Oz I hooked up my dad's main room stereo to his PC - now they listen to the Today program in the evening
Old Nov 13th 2005, 2:41 pm
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Hutch
lol - aye - last time I was out in Oz I hooked up my dad's main room stereo to his PC - now they listen to the Today program in the evening
Can relate to that: I am a regular long-distance listener to the dulcet tones of John Humphreys & James Naughtie. Also enjoy the odd, notable episode of 'The Archers', too.

Anya (former Radio 4 addict).
Old Nov 13th 2005, 10:08 pm
Forum Regular

chew is an unknown quantity at this point

Here is a link for Radio station's online

http://www.radiofeeds.co.uk/
Old Nov 13th 2005, 11:33 pm

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi - we listen to Radio 2 regularly - go to www.bbc.co.uk/radio2 and then click listen live - if you haven't got real player you can download a free version from the bbc site. You can also 'listen again' to the weeks programmes so if Wogan is your thing - you can listen to him at breakfast here using the listen again feature - although have to say - don't mind listening to him with evening meal either.
Old Nov 14th 2005, 12:30 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there, I know this maybe old hat to some folk but I just have to share this because its made me sooo happy- I have just discovered that you can get UK radio online and listen to old shows. I have enjoyed Jonathon Ross, Chris Evans even Terry Wogan's shows on Radio 2 and BBC Scotland progs such as Celtic Connection and Take the Floor (I'm a Scot who loves the occasional Gay Gordon). I know these might not be everyones cup of tea but there are loads of shows. I really haven't taken to Aussie radio shows and so this is great. I can listen to say last weeks Chris Evans show on Saturday afternoon and it doesn't feel out of sync- except the weather forecasts.

Ali

http://www.mikesradioworld.com is a good way to find UK online radio stations.

Jeremy
Old Nov 15th 2005, 10:35 am

Now we just need free British TV online... .
Old Nov 15th 2005, 12:07 pm
Life is good

claire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to all

We've looked into this too and will be listening on line.

Does anyone know if you can get bbc on TV?
Old Nov 15th 2005, 1:01 pm
Forum Regular

Aldebaran has a spectacular aura aboutAldebaran has a spectacular aura aboutAldebaran has a spectacular aura about

Ali
AliMay,

I had asked a similar question about whether I would be able to get UK radio but the replies weren't really useful. This is good to know. I look forward to tuning in when I eventually get there

Thanks
Old Nov 15th 2005, 2:03 pm
Karma earned, not whored

CadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by annqldau
Now we just need free British TV online... .
We already have it, www.uknova.com you have to know your way around torrents, but once you have learnt that, you can download almost anything that has been shown in the UK.

For example last night we watched Spooks, night before was The Frank Skinner Show, and tonight Friday Night with Jonathon Ross. The site has a limit on member numbers though, so you have to check quite often to see if there are any vacancies.
Old Nov 16th 2005, 2:22 am
Forum Regular

AliMay has a brilliant futureAliMay has a brilliant futureAliMay has a brilliant futureAliMay has a brilliant futureAliMay has a brilliant futureAliMay has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by CadburysFingers
We already have it, www.uknova.com you have to know your way around torrents, but once you have learnt that, you can download almost anything that has been shown in the UK.

For example last night we watched Spooks, night before was The Frank Skinner Show, and tonight Friday Night with Jonathon Ross. The site has a limit on member numbers though, so you have to check quite often to see if there are any vacancies.
Thanks for all the replies and the useful websites. WOW British tv! What's the catch?

I'm a bit out of my comfort zone with the torrents thing but I will persevere- my daughter and husband would die and go to heaven if we could get Minestry of Mayhem for Saturday mornings.
Old Nov 16th 2005, 6:11 am

So for us who have never done it before... honest... have found the site....www.uknova.com, have figured you have to log in and asume that's reasonable safe but before I try how do you do this torrents thing and is quality good at the end of it all???

Thanks for any help you may be able to give the uninitiated... .
Old Nov 16th 2005, 7:44 am
happy to be here!

nightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond repute

great news that I can get uk radio on the web! Does anyone know the radio station in manchester that has nixie and irish alan? Can't for the life of me remeber the station name and we've only been gone from the UK for 7 months!

Thanks, Tracey
Old Nov 16th 2005, 11:44 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by annqldau
So for us who have never done it before... honest... have found the site....www.uknova.com, have figured you have to log in and asume that's reasonable safe but before I try how do you do this torrents thing and is quality good at the end of it all???

Thanks for any help you may be able to give the uninitiated... .
I tried to sign up but was not allowed it had reached its maximum users.
I don't know if that is just at the time I tried to log in or not ?
Would also appreciate any advice.
Ali in the dark

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.