Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

British PS2 and Xbox do Aus games play on it?

British PS2 and Xbox do Aus games play on it?

Old Nov 11th 2005, 3:12 am

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point
Question British PS2 and Xbox do Aus games play on it?

Hi

When our container finally gets here we have a British Xbox and British PS@ both un chipped will Australian PS2 games and Xbox games play on them???
Old Nov 11th 2005, 3:32 am

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: British PS2 and Xbox do Aus games play on it?

Originally Posted by annqldau
Hi

When our container finally gets here we have a British Xbox and British PS@ both un chipped will Australian PS2 games and Xbox games play on them???
yes
Old Nov 11th 2005, 3:38 am

Is that yes to both of them as some div in harvey norman told us they wouldn't work when they had sale on but I couldn't see anything region specific on the boxes at all...know dvd's would have to be regional but thought games wouldn't be.

Cheers.
Old Nov 11th 2005, 3:55 am
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by annqldau
Is that yes to both of them as some div in harvey norman told us they wouldn't work when they had sale on but I couldn't see anything region specific on the boxes at all...know dvd's would have to be regional but thought games wouldn't be.

Cheers.
yes to both

XBox games are globally the same

PS2 games you need to look for games that say PAL on the box, that is all Aussie, Most Asian, and European games. Japan and America are different (NTSC) , thats the delineation on PS2.For playing DVD's you need to stick to the region that the box was coded for - so a UK PS2 might not play Aussie DVDs you can buy a 'hack' software for about 60$ but you can also buy a dvd player for 60$ ... so get the DVD player rather than muck about with PS2.
Old Nov 11th 2005, 3:56 am
Forum Regular

galloping gaijin is just really nicegalloping gaijin is just really nicegalloping gaijin is just really nicegalloping gaijin is just really nicegalloping gaijin is just really nicegalloping gaijin is just really nicegalloping gaijin is just really nicegalloping gaijin is just really nicegalloping gaijin is just really nicegalloping gaijin is just really nicegalloping gaijin is just really nice

More info on this old thread....

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...ht=playstation
Old Nov 11th 2005, 6:42 am
BE Forum Addict

SuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really nice

Good stuff.......long live Pro Evo 5 and FIFA 06 Down Under

SS
Old Nov 11th 2005, 6:48 am

Smile Re: British PS2 and Xbox do Aus games play on it?

Cheers Spalen

Prat in Harvey Norman put me off buying the cheap games could have had an xmas stocking full.

Have DVD's coming out of ears once container comes and most play multi-region including this computer.

Most Harvey Normans have a rake around box at the moment full of ps2 and xbox and pc games they are selling off because xmas stuff due in.

Got lord of the rings for 20$ but wasnt' sure if it would work...kids into it and not bothered if year or so since it came out.
Old Nov 11th 2005, 7:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute

so I can bring the chipped ones to then, cos I was deliberating over the custom laws and stuff when they look though your stuff, I have some disks with stuff programs and all that can I bring them too

cheers lace x
Old Nov 11th 2005, 7:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Sue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant future

Game cube works as well (UK and Aus games), just need to plug it into the Aus TV with the red, white and yellow plug thingy rather than the aerial cable.
Old Nov 11th 2005, 8:48 am
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lacey21
so I can bring the chipped ones to then, cos I was deliberating over the custom laws and stuff when they look though your stuff, I have some disks with stuff programs and all that can I bring them too

cheers lace x
Australia is one of the few western countries in the world where its legal to have a playstation or xbox chipped. I havent had mine done never could be bothered. But they wont care or look at what you bring in in that respect - obviosuly dont label the box " 250 Pirated PS2 games " or you may attract their attention. (more likely the box will get hoiked by some mover or other )