Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

British police trying to lure back officers from WA and SA

British police trying to lure back officers from WA and SA

Old Dec 5th 2008, 3:43 am
BE Forum Addict

bridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond repute
Default British police trying to lure back officers from WA and SA

http://www.thewest.com.au/default.aspx?MenuID=77

Tickled me though using a pic of Reg Hollis next to the headline
Old Dec 5th 2008, 3:47 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice
Default Re: British police trying to lure back officers from WA and SA

Originally Posted by bridie
http://www.thewest.com.au/default.aspx?MenuID=77

Tickled me though using a pic of Reg Hollis next to the headline
Eyyy, that's Barry Grant from Brookie
Old Dec 5th 2008, 3:47 am
BE Forum Addict

pompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to behold

Just heard about this, I work for Sapol, 50% are going back anyway!
Old Dec 5th 2008, 3:51 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Originally Posted by pompeyblonde
Why? more money for them in UK?
Old Dec 5th 2008, 3:56 am
BE Forum Addict

pompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to behold

Well yes, but a variety of issues, the job less challenging, missing home etc etc....
Old Dec 5th 2008, 4:08 am
BE Forum Addict

NKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=pompeyblonde;7038943]Well yes, but a variety of issues, the job less challenging, QUOTE]

I can understand this - they seem to be mostly speed camera and breath test operatives in WA.
(And when they do get a big investigation they tend to screw it up)
Old Dec 5th 2008, 4:12 am
BE Forum Addict

The majority that come to SA do it for a quiet life, if you've done it as a career move you'll be disapointed!

Like all professions here, it can seem very old fashioned to Ukers, I guess it depends what you are looking for.
Old Dec 5th 2008, 4:23 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Many in SA were unhappy from the start....yet they should have known the terms and conditions they were going to....it wasn't as if they weren't warned
Old Dec 5th 2008, 4:27 am
BE Forum Addict

bridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
Why? more money for them in UK?
according to the article they missed english tea and accents
Old Dec 5th 2008, 4:28 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bridie
according to the article they missed english tea and accents
....and a better class of criminal?
Old Dec 5th 2008, 4:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Yes, and marmite and M and S!

I don't think you'll find the UK recruits are necessarily briefed in everything, and it just doesn't suit everyone, who knew what it was going to be like living here? I didn't, despite having visited.... you never know... and even bearing that in mind you can't fully appreciate cultural differences....
Old Dec 5th 2008, 4:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Yes, and marmite and M and S!

I don't think you'll find the UK recruits are necessarily briefed in everything, and it just doesn't suit everyone, who knew what it was going to be like living here? I didn't, despite having visited.... you never know... and even bearing that in mind you can't fully appreciate cultural differences....
no, I'm sure they had no idea there were few english accents here
and what's wrong with tetley tbags?

I should point out, I'm not taking a pop at people who come here and dont like it for whatever reason, I just doubt the reasons the article gives for them going back. More likely the pay and conditions etc. weren't as expected rather than they couldnt get a decent cuppa or a Marmite sandwich