Reload this Page >

British military diving instructor

British military diving instructor

Old Jan 7th 2012, 9:21 am
Just Joined

davegraham is an unknown quantity at this point
Default British military diving instructor

Hi all,

Was wondering if anybody could give me some steer on transfering across to the Australian army? Im currently an army dive instructor with the british army.

Many thanks,

Dave
Old Jan 7th 2012, 9:54 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: British military diving instructor

Try this thread
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=741177
Old Jan 7th 2012, 10:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Tramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to behold

Out of interest. My missus is a qualified driving instructor in the UK, but shes not taught for a year due to the kids, is this qualification transferable at all to Aus if she wanted to do some part time teaching again in the future?
Old Jan 7th 2012, 10:28 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tramps_mate
Out of interest. My missus is a qualified driving instructor in the UK, but shes not taught for a year due to the kids, is this qualification transferable at all to Aus if she wanted to do some part time teaching again in the future?
BSAC, PADI, SSI, NASDS, SAA or CMAS qualified?

PADI is the industry standard here but there are SSI & a few BSAC clubs in major cities.
Old Jan 7th 2012, 10:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Tramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by cresta57
BSAC, PADI, SSI, NASDS, SAA or CMAS qualified?

PADI is the industry standard here but there are SSI & a few BSAC clubs in major cities.
lol.. how do I know!! I will find out.

Is there a glut of instructors in Aus like in the UK? Although women instructors are wanted where I live for students.
Old Jan 7th 2012, 11:22 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

lol.. how do I know!! I will find out.

Is there a glut of instructors in Aus like in the UK? Although women instructors are wanted where I live for students.
Where I tend to dive [Bundaberg] the instructors are all Japanese students, loads of the buggers. Very efficient & very thorough. It's not the case all over Australia I'm sure.
I only get air fills there as I'm now one of those irresponsible solo divers that have no place in the world of PADI
I like to paddle out in the kayak stick on a stab jacket & have a look at what's down there. If I'm going to die I'm going to die anyway buddy or not. I do plan my dive & dive my plan & usually there's someone topside to raise an alarm, usually but not always
Old Jan 7th 2012, 12:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Right hang on.. Crossed wires..

I read it as dRiving instructor, not diving.. Haha
Old Jan 7th 2012, 1:05 pm

Right hang on.. Crossed wires..

I read it as dRiving instructor, not diving.. Haha
I thought your post was a typo lol
How very un-Australian! Strewth crikey not a bonza bladdy fair dinkum Shelia teaching us blokes how to drive, just not cricket
Old Jan 9th 2012, 12:58 am
Social Grenade Thrower

paddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by davegraham
Hi all,

Was wondering if anybody could give me some steer on transfering across to the Australian army? Im currently an army dive instructor with the british army.

Many thanks,

Dave
Also look at the RAN, http://www.defencejobs.gov.au/navy/jobs/ClearanceDiver/ as they do most of the military Diving training. The Army tend to use it for heavy underwater engineering, see here; http://www.adas.org.au/index.php?opt...=34&Itemid=112